First Thing You're Going to do With Oathbringer

MistbornAlpaca

1 minute ago, MasterJack said:

100% Agreed. Although I can't listen to audiobooks or music while doing homework

I usually can't.

But I just can't do music. I also don't get how people can listen to music while reading. I've only done it once, and that was on a car trip, and my siblings were being particularly loud...

21 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I usually can't.

But I just can't do music. I also don't get how people can listen to music while reading. I've only done it once, and that was on a car trip, and my siblings were being particularly loud...

It's called classical music

What will I do with my copy of Oathbringer?

I will open it up, insert the post-it note that contains my question for Brandon, then turn around to him and offer it to him for signing and answering.

I am sooo pleased he is coming back to Newcastle for Oathbringer :)

23 hours ago, Tesh said:

I also don't get how people can listen to music while reading.

Practice. I listened to my music almost non-stop from when I got on the school bus in the morning until I got back home in the afternoon, pretty much every day of all 4 years of High School. Having a headphone out or [mostly] listening to music quietly was enough to pay attention to the teacher/conversations.

It's an acquired skill, but one that I consider to be pretty useful.

Also, first thing I'll do when I get Oathbringer is probably to read it.

Edited by The One Who Connects

Not being American or from the UK, with no Amazon premium account, I will probably not get delivered before the 21-22th. Or even later, who knows with the postal service around here. So I will probably be very happy when I see it finally arriving. Then I will be probably a bit disapointed because the UK version does not have the amazing inside cover art, but it will quickly be stiffled as I open the book and start to turn the pages. Then two days later, I will slowly emerge, as a junkie awakening in an unknown crack house, wondering what the storm do I do here, and what are those unknown people around me ?

Edited by Rasha

21 hours ago, Tesh said:

I'm more excited for Oathbringer than Christmas.

Only 21 more days...

19 more to go! I'm so excited I can't think straight!

Smell it.

Don't worry, I love the smell of books too, especially old ones. However, I won't be doing that first.

Edited by MasterJack

3 hours ago, Tesh said:

But it's still really close!!!

My countdown has us at 19 days, 11 hours and 9 minutes. 

I'll be very giddy when I first see it's available. Then, I will open to the cover on my kindle app. I will take a few seconds to breath and savor the feeling of having it. I will read it obsessively in every spare second I can find around school. Only after I am done will I return to the shard to read and join speculation. Or I'll go to the Coppermind to begin adding stuff. 

Honestly, gonna read it till I'm done.  Which will probably take me till 4-5 am if I'm lucky.  I'm incapable of setting a good book down once I get going in it, so if I spend more than like an hour in it I'm in it till it's done.

I will be checking my kindle app at 9pm on the 13th of Nov. WoR came out at 12 am eastern time which is 9 pm my time. I'm hoping that will happen again. Once it is loaded I will look through the artwork in part one and the end pages. I also might jump ahead to part 2 to see who is the POV that will disappear in part 2. Then I will start on the first set of interludes. 

The audiobook likely will not load until midnight my time on audible, as it was with WoR for me. I will be trying my darnest not to stay up and read all night. I have a little boy to get off to school the next day. 

I won't get my physical copy until the 15th at the signing. When I have that copy, I will either pick up where I left off on my kindle, or start over if I finish reading on the 14th, and read until Brandon shows. 

40 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

I have the timer set for 3 AM, November 14. I live on the east coast, and kindle books seem to generally come out midnight pacific time. 

It didn't happen that way for me with WoR. I got the book at 9pm, and I live on the west coast.

• Chaos locked this topic