Kaladin is a rip-off

manukos

Ok i posted a the outline of this to the stormlight discord server but i thought it would be a good idea to reach more sharders , but before that and before i gather more down voting arrows than Kaladin's shield during the tower approach, let me make it clear that this is a joke 

now that this is settled , lets dive in 

our protagonist is a brown skinned lower class citizent , acompanied by a snarky and fabulous blue translucent spirit thingy with mystical powers , and a way for  nonconventional flight .
and dont get me started on the name , it is like Sanderson didnt even try , Kaladin? come on! that is only one letter off 

for those of you who havent caught on already i am talking about Aladin , yes disney's Aladin , he has the genie and a flying carpet  ,  
i am not going to even mention that he crushes on a high born woman. but i guess  that kaladin has nipples so atleast that is different , and an important change of his character .... actualy do we know for sure if kaladin has nipples ? can we get a WoB  on that please ?

Edited by Manukos

ahahah I never considerate this.

Anyway it is mainly a coincidence, the reason for Kaladin's name is rooted in another word. It's started by the word "Paladin" and Brandon worked on it to make it an Alethi's name.

Still it is a great and ilarious coincidence ...nice catch

4 hours ago, Manukos said:

and dont get me started on the name , it is like Sanderson didnt even try , Kaladin? come on! that is only one letter off 

for those of you who havent caught on already i am talking about Aladin

<Weilds the Sword of Idea Crushing +3> It's 'Aladdin' with two d's so it's two letters off. :P

But as Yata said, one of the reasons Kaladin has the name he does is that it's a play on Paladin.

• Chaos locked this topic