Members of the new Knights Radiant.

Reaperess

I started going through the Arse Arcanum in the back of WoR, and looking at the personality traits for the 10 essences and matching them up to the confirmed KR's. 

Kaladin is Protecting and Leading; Shallan is creative ans honest; Jassnah Is Wise and Careful ; Szeth is Just and Confident  (at least their character arcs are molding them into such, but they already held more than a glimmer of that BEFORE they bonded with their Spren.)

The 3 we haven't seen yet confirmed are Dustbringer (Brave/Obedient), Willshaper (Resolute/Builder), and Stoneward (Dependable/Resourceful).

[I suspect (and hope) Adolin will be the Dustbringer, Rysn will be a Willshaper or Stoneward, and possibly Eshonai as either the Willshaper or Stoneward. ] this has since changed.

Any thoughts, conjectures, or discredits to any of that is very much welcome. :)

Edited by Reaperess

18 minutes ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

The only thing I would say is that Dalinar (Bondsmiths) is being groomed by Honor/Stormfather for leadership/governance.  I forget which attributes are associated with that Herald though.

"Pious/Guiding". So, something like that.

1 hour ago, Reaperess said:

Arse Arcanum

You might want to change this, even though it is pretty funny.

1 hour ago, Reaperess said:

I suspect (and hope) Adolin will be the Dustbringer, Rysn will be a Willshaper or Stoneward, and possibly Eshonai as either the Willshaper or Stoneward. 

A common theory is that Adolin will revive his Shardblade, which is confirmed to have belonged to an Edgedancer. Adolin becoming an Edgedancer is thus a popular idea, and quite likely too, I think. I think Dustbringers feel more interesting than Edgedancers, so I would like to see Adolin as one, but I do think that an Edgedancer is more likely. 

My personal Dustbringer candidate, which I really hope happens, is Amaram. He is a brave soldier, and you could also argue that bringing the Heralds back through a Desolation is a brave (if stupid) gamble. He is defenitely obedient, and follows his masters and his purpose no matter what he himself feels about it. Making Amaram a Dustbringer would also make the story interesting in several ways. It would challenge Dalinars and Kaladins views of who a Radiant is. Seeing them confront the fact that someone who betrayed them has been given powers and bonded a spren would be very nice. It would also give the story a lethal antagonist, a fanatic with powers given to him by the Almighty himself. I could also see this opening different possibilites for Amarams character, from becoming more of a fanatic to redeeming himself. 

24 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

You might want to change this, even though it is pretty funny.

No! (My phone auto corrected. I'll change it though)

A common theory is that Adolin will revive his Shardblade, which is confirmed to have belonged to an Edgedancer. Adolin becoming an Edgedancer is thus a popular idea, and quite likely too, I think. I think Dustbringers feel more interesting than Edgedancers, so I would like to see Adolin as one, but I do think that an Edgedancer is more likely. 

My personal Dustbringer candidate, which I really hope happens, is Amaram. He is a brave soldier, and you could also argue that bringing the Heralds back through a Desolation is a brave (if stupid) gamble. He is defenitely obedient, and follows his masters and his purpose no matter what he himself feels about it. Making Amaram a Dustbringer would also make the story interesting in several ways. It would challenge Dalinars and Kaladins views of who a Radiant is. Seeing them confront the fact that someone who betrayed them has been given powers and bonded a spren would be very nice. It would also give the story a lethal antagonist, a fanatic with powers given to him by the Almighty himself. I could also see this opening different possibilites for Amarams character, from becoming more of a fanatic to redeeming himself. 

Eh... I admit prejudice against Amaram. I don't like him any better than Kaladin does. As we saw with Renarin and Ym, it is possible there is more than one fledgling radiant per order.

21 minutes ago, StormblessDave said:

Tbh Shallan didn't seem very honest before she spoke her oaths(she's improving) and Szeth definitely doesn't strike a confident figure. So, I don't feel it's necessarily to outwardly show the traits necessary for the various orders, you need to have the potential in you, just a few thoughts :) 

Szeth was confident enough to take up the honor blade. Shallan... I can agree about her honesty, in a sense. She is tells lies and truths in almost equal measure, which definitely attracted the Liespren/cryptic. You could even argue that lies are, in a way, creativity with words. I think Shallans biggest struggle is being honest with herself. 

9 minutes ago, Reaperess said:

Eh... I admit prejudice against Amaram. I don't like him any better than Kaladin does. As we saw with Renarin and Ym, it is possible there is more than one fledgling radiant per order.

I´m not surprised :-) I like Amaram, but I know that most people hate the guy (I think people go to hard on him, but that is a discussion for another topic). 

9 minutes ago, Reaperess said:

Szeth was confident enough to take up the honor blade.

Szeths personal code and adherence to the Shin customs made him pick up the Blade. It didn´t have much to do with confidence, I think.

4 hours ago, Reaperess said:

Jassnah is learned and giving

Jasnah may have those traits, but those aren't the ones that correspond with her order of Elsecallers. Elsecallers are wise and careful, learned and giving is Truthwatchers. 

I personally believe our Dustbringer will be Redin, the heterochromatic bastard son of a former highprince of Jah Keved. His father was the one who left Jah Keved to Mr. T, and he killed his father after he was ordered to. 

10 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

I personally believe our Dustbringer will be Redin, the heterochromatic bastard son of a former highprince of Jah Keved. His father was the one who left Jah Keved to Mr. T, and he killed his father after he was ordered to. 

I believe the same. He's obedient to a fault, it seems. Following that order will brand him a regicide. From what little we know of him and the Order he does seem to fit the best out of any character.

54 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Jasnah may have those traits, but those aren't the ones that correspond with her order of Elsecallers. Elsecallers are wise and careful, learned and giving is Truthwatchers. 

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Ten_Essences 

Youre right. I don't know why I keep getting their order confused/reversed in my head.

38 minutes ago, Ansalem said:

I believe the same. He's obedient to a fault, it seems. Following that order will brand him a regicide. From what little we know of him and the Order he does seem to fit the best out of any character.

I honestly forgot about him. I totally see what you mean.

25 minutes ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

Elokhar has a Cryptic/liespren, right?  (I'm currently re-reading WOK, and I forget what his spren exactly looks like).

Holy sh... how did I miss that? I need to double check Elokhar's conversations...

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Elhokar_Kholin#cite_note-The_Way_of_Kings-58-chapter-5 (scroll up for the reference about Cryptics/Liespren/Truthspren)

Edited by Reaperess
Citation

5 minutes ago, Reaperess said:

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Ten_Essences 

Youre right. I don't know why I keep getting their order confused/reversed in my head.

I honestly forgot about him. I totally see what you mean.

Holy sh... how did I miss that? I need to double check Elokhar's conversations. I'm not sure it's in WOK, I think it might be in WoR...

Yeah the details are fuzzy in my memory, but I'm pretty sure the thing Elokhar keeps seeing is a Cryptic (adds to his paranoia, etc.).  It's an interesting pairing though. 

2 minutes ago, Reaperess said:

I wonder why that is. The strain between lightweavers and windrunners?

I personally think that the Cryptics are just watching significant world players. The first time that Shallan sees one is in the presence of Taravangian, another king. 

I don't believe the Spren are interested in Elhokar as a Radiant. At least not at this point. 

I think its worth noting that we have technically never seen Shallan pre-oaths since she began swearing them as a small child. She may well have been Creative/Honest before attracting Pattern. Her honesty in the books is debatable but she was actually only re-swearing oaths, Pattern had been bonded long before.

Edited by Jace21

patter told to shallan to be the only cryptic send to bond a human and don't think he is a liar. we know the spren with mind usualy hang around a (proto)radiant, gavilar first, dalinar after are in the act to become bondsmith, her sister bonded a inkspren so some cryptic watching the kholin family is fairy normal. the question is the presence of syl make they hidden in the background?

14 hours ago, Ansalem said:

That or a Skybreaker.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, Reaperess said:

I started going through the Arse Arcanum in the back of WoR, and looking at the personality traits for the 10 essences and matching them up to the confirmed KR's. 

Kaladin is Protecting and Leading; Shallan is creative ans honest; Jassnah is learned and giving; Szeth is Just and Confident  (at least their character arcs are molding them into such, but they already held more than a glimmer of that BEFORE they bonded with their Spren.)

The 3 we haven't seen yet confirmed are Dustbringer (Brave/Obedient), Willshaper (Resolute/Builder), and Stoneward (Dependable/Resourceful).

I suspect (and hope) Adolin will be the Dustbringer, Rysn will be a Willshaper or Stoneward, and possibly Eshonai as either the Willshaper or Stoneward. 

Any thoughts, conjectures, or discredits to any of that is very much welcome. :)

Szeth is not an actual Skybreaker (at least not yet), he has no Spren and he has no surges. Why would he need Night Blood if he had a Spren? He may not end up as a Skybreaker, he could be found by some other spren.

16 minutes ago, thejopen27 said:

Szeth is not an actual Skybreaker (at least not yet), he has no Spren and he has no surges. Why would he need Night Blood if he had a Spren? He may not end up as a Skybreaker, he could be found by some other spren.

nightblood is a 'spren' in a sense. o better nightblood is a shardblade replica with 'breath magic system' (we have a WoB state this). same effect in the cosmere mean same rule (a feruchemist healing is the same of stormlight healing)

Just now, Fulminato said:

nightblood is a 'spren' in a sense. o better nightblood is a shardblade replica with 'breath magic system' (we have a WoB state this). same effect in the cosmere mean same rule (a feruchemist healing is the same of stormlight healing)

But he doesn't have a High Spren, or an other traditional Radiant Spren. He may gain abilities from Nightblood even, but he is not a Surgebinder.

Just now, Fulminato said:

But Szeth hasn't bonded Nightblood and if he does it won't produce the same effects as bonding one of the KR spren. He won't ever be a Skybreaker that way. Bonding Nightblood probably won't require any oaths either for that matter. Nightblood is more like the Honorblades in some ways.

3 minutes ago, thejopen27 said:

But he doesn't have a High Spren, or an other traditional Radiant Spren. He may gain abilities from Nightblood even, but he is not a Surgebinder.

nalan in the end of WoR is rater explicit. "I dubt i have ever found a man more worthy of the skybreakers than you. [...] I brought a shardblade for you. one that is a perfect match for your task and temperament"

2 minutes ago, Ansalem said:

But Szeth hasn't bonded Nightblood and if he does it won't produce the same effects as bonding one of the KR spren. He won't ever be a Skybreaker that way. Bonding Nightblood probably won't require any oaths either for that matter. Nightblood is more like the Honorblades in some ways.

nightblood think and spoke, an honorblade is a splinter of honor whitout intelligence or sapience.  edgedancer spoiler

Spoiler

the two skybreakers spoke to szeth how he need to renforce the bond of his spren if he want progress in the skybreaker's path