[OB] End of Chapter 6 Poll

OrangeJedi

End of Chapter 6  

102 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of one to ten: How satisfied were you at the end of chapter 6? (1 being dissatisfied and 10 being extremely satisfied)

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • Eight
    • Nine
    • Ten
  2. 2. Did you like the ending to chapter 6?

• LOVED IT!!!
    • Yes
    • Yeah, sure
    • On the line
    • Not really
    • No
    • Hated it

6 minutes ago, Hafrigado said:

I thought it was pretty great. Syl might not like it though.... I can imagine her yelling "No! Bad Kaladin! Down! Down boy!"

Nah. He didn't break any oaths. She might not think it wise, but I don't think she will berate him for it. 

4 minutes ago, eveorjoy said:

Nah. He didn't break any oaths. She might not think it wise, but I don't think she will berate him for it. 

But when a dog bites someone you (most people) don't immediately put it down. You do however, get it to stop before it hurts them more.

Just now, Hafrigado said:

But when a dog bites someone you (most people) don't immediately put it down. You do however, get it to stop before it hurts them more.

You are assuming Kaladin was out of control when he threw that punch. He wasn't and Syl knew that. Everyone else in that room might flip out on Kaladin, but Syl I think will just shake her head. 

Getting to knock out the guy who caused your family to suffer priceless!!!

When I read the knock out of Roshone I could not help, but think of the scene in the avengers where hulk smashes loki into the ground and calls him a puny god. In the new version Kaladin punches him and then proclaims Roshone a puny lighteyes!!

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, eveorjoy said:

You are assuming Kaladin was out of control when he threw that punch. He wasn't and Syl knew that. Everyone else in that room might flip out on Kaladin, but Syl I think will just shake her head. 

My dog wasn't out of control when it bit them (hypothetically), it legitimately thought it was protecting me from a bad guy. That doesn't mean it wasn't dumb of him.

The ending itself was super satisfying, and the family reunion is really nice to see (so glad momma & daddy Stormblessed are alive). But the overall chapter leaves more questions open than it answered to me. If I had the whole book in front of me I'd consider that a great thing, but since I have to wait another week to maybe get back to Hearthstone... pretty unsatisfying. :(

If I were in Roshar right now, the anticipationspren would fill the room.

17 minutes ago, Hafrigado said:

My dog wasn't out of control when it bit them (hypothetically), it legitimately thought it was protecting me from a bad guy. That doesn't mean it wasn't dumb of him.

I'm not saying it was smart. I just don't see Syl yelling at him about it. 

10 minutes ago, eveorjoy said:

I'm not saying it was smart. I just don't see Syl yelling at him about it. 

Yeah, alright. I guess my problem is that any time Syl says anything I imagine her saying it in the loudest, most dramatic way possible.:) That's just how I think of Syl.

Edited by Hafrigado
Proper punctuation

9 hours ago, Hafrigado said:

I thought it was pretty great. Syl might not like it though.... I can imagine her yelling "No! Bad Kaladin! Down! Down boy!"

Syl is not a saint :P. She has strict ideas of right and wrong, but she likes pranks, and is not against a tiny bit of revenge. Remember in TWoK when soldiers beat Kaladin after the first tower assault? She tripped the soldiers afterwards and stuck their spears together several times. Not too serious, but she didn't say "I cannot take a small amount of revenge as that is totally wrong". 

I really, REALLY liked the chapters, and I'm so glad we got some resolution on the status of the parents. And the Roshone face punch was just like SO GOOD!!

The only thing I'm worried about is if Kaladin is going to fall down the 'hating lighteyes, won't summon Shardblade' rabbit-hole. That being said, Sanderson is a much better author than this, and I doubt he would digress Kaladin's character to stretch his story out.

I also doubt Syl will get too hung up about this, she'll probably give Kaladin an eyebrow raise or something and then all will be fine.

Two things making the chapter extremely satisfying for me. First the reunion with his family and Kaladin getting some hug-time. Second the PERFECT Roshone-punch. As a side note, Kaladin percieving Roshones outdated fashion sence with a reference to Adolin also made me smile. 
And the feeling of coming home after a long time, realizing all the stuff that has changed in between and falling back to childhood/youth behaviour none the less.

Needless to say, I would prefer having the complete book in front of me so I could avoid the cliffhanger.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] End of Chapter 6 Poll
  • Chaos locked this topic