If it was just the one highstorm, then he would probably come out of it supercharged.

If, on the other hand, you put Nightblood near the Origin so he was subjected to all highstorms, then after a few millennia of highstorm-free Roshar, Nightblood would have absorbed so much investiture that it would become the new Honour.

15 minutes ago, Bort said:

If it was just the one highstorm, then he would probably come out of it supercharged.

If, on the other hand, you put Nightblood near the Origin so he was subjected to all highstorms, then after a few millennia of highstorm-free Roshar, Nightblood would have absorbed so much investiture that it would become the new Honour.

Or with the way his personality is, he will become a new shard - divine wrath itself, punishing all whom believe themselves evil.. 

I don't think Nightblood would become a new Shard.
The black smoke that it is evaporating is corrupted Investiture, which became unusable.
I'm not sure if it is even cabaple of holding that much Investiture, or if it just would all leak out, but in a corrupted version

Nightblood can't handle the full investiture of a Shard. 

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1133#63

ARGENT

Can Nightblood damage or kill a Shard?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Nightblood is not powerful enough for-- *weird ehhh sound*

ARGENT

Is he that powerful?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Damage? Yes. How damaging? Is a subject to discussion. Nightblood contains a /lot/ of Investiture.

He could damage a Shard but not kill it. 

I don't know if Nightbloods actually gathers and holds on to investiture. What we've seen is that the absorbed investiture is put to use immediately. Wasn't there a WoB that Nightblood would be 'full' at one point and go to sleep or am I imagining things?

12 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

I don't know if Nightbloods actually gathers and holds on to investiture. What we've seen is that the absorbed investiture is put to use immediately. Wasn't there a WoB that Nightblood would be 'full' at one point and go to sleep or am I imagining things?

He does become lethargic after feeding. 

There's also the one about how you could theoretically use him and Shardblades as hemalurgic spikes but they would probably not work as they're already "full" of investiture. 

I don't think Nightblood can actually "gain" from feeding. I think he just fuels what is done when unsheathed. 

Also, and I may be wrong on this point, but I do not think Nightblood can absorb Investiture unless he is being wielded. So, if I am understanding the mechanics correctly, someone would have to unsheathe Nightblood in a highstorm and somehow not die from channeling all of that Investiture through their spirit web (very unlikely).

7 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Also, and I may be wrong on this point, but I do not think Nightblood can absorb Investiture unless he is being wielded. So, if I am understanding the mechanics correctly, someone would have to unsheathe Nightblood in a highstorm and somehow not die from channeling all of that Investiture through their spirit web (very unlikely).

Hoid? ;)

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Nightblood can't handle the full investiture of a Shard. 

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1133#63

He could damage a Shard but not kill it. 

OK, I'm calling it right here.

Several people (including myself) have noted that the events taking place on Roshar seem to be a bigger, more epic version of what happened on Scadrial.  (Evil god of destruction is trapped by the power of a more benevolent Shard, he has a plan to break free and destroy the world, he's using a race of magical beings that want nothing to do with him, etc...)

Well, that all ended with Vin taking ahold of the power of Preservation and, fueled by unbearable wrath over the death of Elend, smashing it into Ruin hard enough to kill him.  Therefore... this is how the Stormlight Archive Arc 1 will end:  Syl somehow teaches Kaladin to access the left-over power of Honor, and he and Szeth confront Odium together, smacking him around with Nightblood enough to get him off-guard so Kal can finish him off.  Then Nightblood absorbs the power, ascends, and becomes the new Odium, driven by "the pure wrath of God" and a still-not-quite-understood directive to Destroy Evil.  Kal is able to become the new Honor, watching over the people and keeping Odium in check.  (Poor Cultivation won't quite know what to make of all this, of course!)

Then it takes some time for the newly-forged gods to truly grow into their powers.  About 15 years worth of time...

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Mason Wheeler said:

Several people (including myself) have noted that the events taking place on Roshar seem to be a bigger, more epic version of what happened on Scadrial.  (Evil god of destruction is trapped by the power of a more benevolent Shard, he has a plan to break free and destroy the world, he's using a race of magical beings that want nothing to do with him, etc...)

Well, that all ended with Vin taking ahold of the power of Preservation and, fueled by unbearable wrath over the death of Elend, smashing it into Ruin hard enough to kill him.  Therefore... this is how the Stormlight Archive Arc 1 will end:  Syl somehow teaches Kaladin to access the left-over power of Honor, and he and Szeth confront Odium together, smacking him around with Nightblood enough to get him off-guard so Kal can finish him off.  Then Nightblood absorbs the power, ascends, and becomes the new Odium, driven by "the pure wrath of God" and a still-not-quite-understood directive to Destroy Evil.  Kal is able to become the new Honor, watching over the people and keeping Odium in check.  (Poor Cultivation won't quite know what to make of all this, of course!)

Then it takes some time for the newly-forged gods to truly grow into their powers.  About 15 years worth of time...

That would be awesome! If Nightblood is somehow able to hold the power of a shard then we may see something like that soon! :) 

On 29 augusti 2017 at 9:26 PM, Mason Wheeler said:

This is plausible, but Im not convinced, for a couple of reasons:

1. I still don't know wether Nightblood can pick up a Shard. 

2. They have been building up to using a champion to face Odiums champion. Not smacking him around with Nightblood. 

3.  I just dont like the idea. I would prefer people not ascending in Stormlight 5.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:10 AM, Bean Delphiki said:

We know that Nightblood can feed on stormlight, but what would happen if Nightblood was tossed into a highstorm?

Well Brandon said the mists would pull away from Nightblood, I would think that stormlight would perform some sort of evasion as well.

Spoiler

INTERVIEW: Aug 20th, 2014

Steel Ministry Report - PhantomMonstrosity (Verbatim)

PHANTOMMONSTROSITY

Let's say some mistborn jerk tosses Nightblood into the mists. What happens?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I suspect the mists would pull away from Nightblood, though he'd try to feed on them.

TAGS

nightblood, mists,

48 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

Well Brandon said the mists would pull away from Nightblood, I would think that stormlight would perform some sort of evasion as well.

Oh, maybe Szeth can now shield people or towns (depending on the area that avoids Nightblood) from highstorms. He could stand in the center of the storm like the eye of a hurricane. 

4 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

This is plausible, but Im not convinced, for a couple of reasons:

1. I still don't know wether Nightblood can pick up a Shard. 

2. They have been building up to using a champion to face Odiums champion. Not smacking him around with Nightblood. 

3.  I just dont like the idea. I would prefer people not ascending in Stormlight 5.

(You realize I was being facetious there, not serious... right?)

10 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

(You realize I was being facetious there, not serious... right?)

I actually don't know what facetious means :D English isn't my native language. But from the tone of your post I feel that your theory wasn't very serious. I took it as a serious idea, to be honest. Thanks for correcting me :-)

12 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I actually don't know what facetious means :D English isn't my native language. But from the tone of your post I feel that your theory wasn't very serious. I took it as a serious idea, to be honest. Thanks for correcting me :-)

Ok well time to learn a new word!  Facetious : the act of treating something that is serious in a non respectful way.

That is a $10 word....half of English speakers do not know what it means....

If I may ask, what is you native language?

Edited by FiveLate
Continuation.

7 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

Ok well time to learn a new word!  Facetious : the act of treating something that is serious in a non respectful way.

That is a $10 word....half of English speakers do not know what it means....

If I may ask, what is you native language?

Nice! Thanks, I'll remember it for my english classes in school.

My native language is Swedish :-)