IndigoAjah

7 minutes ago, Shadowmancer said:

Since Sanderson has confirmed that each prologue is going to be a different character's POV from that night when Gavilar was assassinated all those years ago, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get one from Elhokar's. What must he have felt, the mantle of the kingdom falling upon him? Did he mourn his father's death? What are the "twisted, inhuman shapes" he sees? I really hope we get some of his POV soon!

Only the first 5 are that night. We've seen Szeth and Jasnah, and we know the next is Eshonai. That leaves 2.

I personally think he's not getting one. 

I hope the 5th is actually Gavilar's PoV, and for the one remaining... Nale Kalak or Amaram perhaps? 

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Only the first 5 are that night. We've seen Szeth and Jasnah, and we know the next is Eshonai. That leaves 2.

I hope the 5th is actually Gavilar's PoV, and for the one remaining... Nale Kalak or Amaram perhaps? 

Amaram is probably the most interesting to get, IMO.

8 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I still think Sadeas. He was the hero of the night and was closest to Gavilar's plans (of the people who were conscious)

5 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I still think Sadeas. He was the hero of the night and was closest to Gavilar's plans (of the people who were conscious)

Yeah, I think we'll get plenty of Herald info in the back half. Sadeas would be good, and give a non-Son of Honor perspective in contrast to Gavilar 

42 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I think Taravangian is a good prospect. Gavilar spoke with him the night of the assassination. That seems like a conversation of import.

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

On the other hand, it could be a good writing exercice for bradon to write a man in an altered state of consciousness. In order to add realism, brandon would get mightily drunk himself (there must be some loophole into the mormon code; after all, he would be doing it for science) while writing the scene :D

(EDIT: put an emoticon to clarify that I wasn't serious)

Yeah totally going to say: no loophole. Never will be 

I would like a scene from either Dalimars or Elhokars POV where the similarities between their drunken states during assassination attempts are brought out. Maybe Dalinar explaining how Dalinar imparting how he changed his life and Elhokar having a revelation as to how to be a better king.

Syl's PoV right before Kaladin's oaths. 

Szeth's PoV during his first assassination attempt on Dalinar.

Dalinars PoV when he gave his cloak to Kaladin at the end of WoK.

Zahel's PoV when Kaladin comes to him when the ardents are cleaning out the practice grounds. 

Kaladin's PoV when he spots Dalinar flying through the air and see's Szeth again. 

Syl's PoV right before Kaladin's oaths. 

Szeth's PoV during his first assassination attempt on Dalinar.

Dalinars PoV when he gave his cloak to Kaladin at the end of WoK.

Zahel's PoV when Kaladin comes to him when the ardents are cleaning out the practice grounds. 

Kaladin's PoV when he spots Dalinar flying through the air and see's Szeth again. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 10:46 PM, Shadowmancer said:

Since Sanderson has confirmed that each prologue is going to be a different character's POV from that night when Gavilar was assassinated all those years ago, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get one from Elhokar's. What must he have felt, the mantle of the kingdom falling upon him? Did he mourn his father's death? What are the "twisted, inhuman shapes" he sees? I really hope we get some of his POV soon!

That's a WoB I'd like to read. Each prologue, of all ten books? Or just Stormlight 1-5 which form one complete meta-arc unto themselves?

I was hoping to find out about what kinds of "shadows" Elhokar sees before Stormlight 4 or 5 (or later). Also some insight into what that little black gem/vial thingy was, especially since after Eshonai's prologue POV, we now know there was more than one of them!