Most Despicable Characters

I think Nale aka darkness by lift from the stormlight archive would be on the top of my list hes not exactly a villain but the way he hunts down surge binders to try and stop them from becoming radiants is pretty douchey

4 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Brandon has a lot of villains and douchebags in his books, but who do you think is the worst of the worst? Cosmere, Reckoners, Rithmatist, all goes!

Personally, I would like to go either Straff or Tonk Fah.

Straff I agree with, Tonk Fah always gave me the impression of someone with mental illness though so I don't particularly hold his "tendencies" against him.

A few more: Sadeas, Mr.Suit, & Obliteration. 

1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

Tonk Fah always gave me the impression of someone with mental illness though so I don't particularly hold his "tendencies" against him.

I can give you the Tonk Fah one, though he gives me the creeps.

Also, I wouldnt rank Amaram among the douchiest people, since he appears to do what he think is best for everyone. Others (Straff, Sadeas, KanPaar...) are doing just as despicable things for themselves only. 

I have another one btw: Tresting. He has very little screen-time, but he was a piece of chull dung for the short time we saw him.

I think the most despicable characters aren't those who have been possessed (like in Rithmatist) or are mentally ill (Shallan's brother and Tonk Fah and Bleeder). The most despicable characters are those who are willingly despicable. In my eyes that makes Straff Venture the worst (him being a pervert doesn't help), with Sadeas and Roshone coming in second and third.

Oh, and Tresting gets honorable mention. He's not alive for too long, but while he is, totally despicable.

I'd say Straff and Sadeas are at the top of my list of Brandon's most despicable characters. They are evil of their own volition and appear to enjoy causing other people pain. Plus Straff's sexual depravity makes him especially heinous in my eyes, as does Sadeas's two-faced treachery.

While Tonk Fah is definitely mentally ill, the Warbreaker annotations make it pretty clear that he's way worse than we saw in the book and Denth was basically keeping him in line. He is a true Psychopath and finds other people's pain amusing. 

I think we'll see him again in the sequel, and I think he definitely deserves a place on this list. Animal mutilation. He tortured... Kid who's name I don't remember, to death... 

He's a piece of work. 

Edited by Calderis

Even though he originally had semi-good intentions, I'm going to have to add Rashek to this list. A thousand years of oppression and attempted genocide puts him ahead of the others in my book.

Regalia is also pretty high up since she manipulates Prof, a person who used to be her friend, into becoming the very thing he feared all so she could have a "successor".

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

While Tonk Fah is definitely mentally ill, the Warbreaker annotations make it pretty clear that he's way worse than we saw in the book and Denth was basically keeping him in line. He is a true Psychopath and finds other people's pain amusing. 

I think we'll see him again in the sequel, and I think he definitely deserves a place on this list. Animal mutilation. He tortured... Kid who's name I don't remember, to death... 

He's a piece of work. 

If he's truly a psychopathy, then he's like Eric Harris. Since he's had a direct impact on my life, Tonk Fah is definitely up there for me. I know people like to pretend it is, but having a mental illness is absolutely no excuse. 

Edited by Silverblade5

4 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

If he's truly a psychopathy, then he's like Eric Harris. Since he's had a direct impact on my life, Tonk Fah is definitely up there for me. I know people like to pretend it is, but having a mental illness is absolutely no excuse. 

I went off on a tangent a while ago about the Heralds and how them being mentally ill makes them victims as much as the people they harm. Understanding that the mental illness is there, and effects those actions definitely should be taken into consideration in how the person is dealt with after the fact as treatment is a much more productive outcome than just locking them up and hoping the issue goes away. 

Understanding the problem though, doesn't make the acts any less heinous. 

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I went off on a tangent a while ago about the Heralds and how them being mentally ill makes them victims as much as the people they harm. Understanding that the mental illness is there, and effects those actions definitely should be taken into consideration in how the person is dealt with after the fact as treatment is a much more productive outcome than just locking them up and hoping the issue goes away. 

Understanding the problem though, doesn't make the acts any less heinous. 

Might as well put Denth up there then, since he's Tonk's leash holder.

2 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Might as well put Denth up there then, since he's Tonk's leash holder.

Ugh, too true. 

When you have an animal on a leash and direct it to attack, you're more responsible for the injuries than the animal... 

Gaius. Boltar.

seriously though, Tonk is a sociopath who then went completely destructive after Denth. As a society we don't forgive sociopaths because they know society's rules. There are plenty of integrated sociopaths. The ones who use their lack of empathy as an excuse to cause pain have a mental illness but it's no excuse. Denth tried to start a war for money, and wanted to kill Vasher for understandable revenge. But he did restrain Tonk and he dud deliberately avoid killing people yay didn't need killing. And he's has a pretty traumatic life. I don't hate him that much. Especially when you read the annotations. 

But seriously. Dilaf.

Edited by Extesian

5 hours ago, Figberts said:

Amaram, of course! He a freaking demon of death and evil and badness. Why am I the first person to mention him? Roshone is close second.

I have to bring up Amaram again, but not because of how deplorable his actions were (and they definitely were). Rather, it's because of the fact that he genuinely thought that he was doing the right thing in being such a two-faced maggotbag. That, in my opinion, is probably the worst (and scariest) thing about him.

20 minutes ago, TeleWorms said:

I have to bring up Amaram again, but not because of how deplorable his actions were (and they definitely were). Rather, it's because of the fact that he genuinely thought that he was doing the right thing in being such a two-faced maggotbag. That, in my opinion, is probably the worst (and scariest) thing about him.

Yeah, but so did Rashek. That didn't make his actions any better.

I would say KanPaar. After just reading Hero of Ages again, I find him especially despicable. He is one of the most intelligent and oldest beings on scadrial, knowing that his actions are wrong yet still continues forward. People like Amaram are bad, but they are blinded by instinct and stupidity. KanPaar was a millennia old and still power hungry and evil. Though Sadeas and Straff are close.