Pre Ordering Words of Radiance

DragonReborn

In the US, the book is $12.74 on Kindle and Google Play (and probably the others).

In India, the book will come out March 6th. At least, the ebook should be available then, in India, from Gollancz. I don't know when local bookstores there will actually get copies. You may want to try ordering from the Book Depository, which has free worldwide shipping.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Thanks Peter!!

March 6th!! :( Better get it from Google play first! Cause I'll go crazy if I have to wait for any amount of time. Also the amount of spoilers I'll have to deal with here.. Poor me.

I guess I'll the book in my laptop and end it from the hard copy! Soooo Unfair, this life is!

If it is any consolation, you are a day ahead of us so it is not as long as it sounds. I do not know the total number of hours difference. It might be worth purchasing the ebook, then the hardcover later.

I preordered the E-book on black Friday and for a deal.

Honestly I don't think I could not have the book and be surfing 17th Shard without going nuts. 

"Dude can you believe Kaladin stuck Amaran to the ceiling??"

Me: "What did I miss?? WHAT DID I MISS???!?"

Yeeeeah I would highly recommend not going to the site until you've read it, though we will be policing spoilers pretty well. So in theory, if you don't go to the Words of Radiance board or Cosmere Theories, you should be fine. Probably. (I may even require spoiler marking in Cosmere Theories that very first week.)

But still, I would strongly recommend avoiding 17th Shard after release until you finish it. The Coppermind, too. The Coppermind may actually be a worse place for you to browse that week than the main site itself...

I am also from India and I was thinking to preorder WoR from google play. Its 550 INR for preordering and in book description its showing only 600 pages. So I am not sure if its just PART-I.They didnt mention anything in title and there is no second book :(. Did anyone order from google play? help me :unsure: .

Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Brandon_Sanderson_Words_of_Radiance?id=dTUAAQAAQBAJ

My ebook provider of choice is Google Play, and I don't think you need to worry about it. I seem to recall that just a bit back, Amazon actually said it was either 600 or 700 pages. Google may just have not updated it yet. Does India usually split Brandon books? From my googling, it doesn't seem to, but I could have missed it.

Also, it is possible to return ebooks from Google Play. I have done so before and you just need to send them an email. I didn't get any flack for it; it was quite easy. So even if the worst happens I think you will be fine :)

I am also from India and I was thinking to preorder WoR from google play. Its 550 INR for preordering and in book description its showing only 600 pages. So I am not sure if its just PART-I.They didnt mention anything in title and there is no second book :(. Did anyone order from google play? help me :unsure: .

Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Brandon_Sanderson_Words_of_Radiance?id=dTUAAQAAQBAJ

This seems like the full version of it. They may have omitted the drawings and maps probably. Hopefully its okay. Will buy the eBook version from Google play and planning to get the hardcopy from book depository.com. It has free shipping to India it seems. From Amazon you'll have to pay a min of 6-7 dollars for shipping. Flipkart says out of stock for this book. Though I'm still wondering how a book can be out of stock when its not even stocked yet in the first place!

Tor said they will be sending us the ebook to review, but that hasn't happened yet. Our goal is for the ebook art to be as good as possible. Some of it will be in color.

The ebook won't be split in any English-speaking country.

By the way, The Emperor's Soul and Legion are now finally available on Google Play in the US and Canada. And there's something special in the Google Play version of The Emperor's Soul. (Though, it will make its way to all the versions eventually.)

Edited by PeterAhlstrom