Dalinar. Highprince of War, new founder of the KR... Shard to be?

OK, so you know how in Mistborn if you swallow metal you can use powers, etc. etc. We all know that stuff. Same for the Stormlight Archive. If there's a nearby source of stormlight, you can abbsorb it and use powers. But here's the thing; at the end of HoA, Vin absorbs the Mists and Ascends. The same could be true for the Stormlight Archive; if you absorb enough Stormlight, you could Ascend. You could dismiss this by saying 'even if you swallow a lot of metal, you don't ascend'. This is true; but remember this. The metals commonly used in allomancy are channels for power; the power isn't in the metal itself; rather, you use it to channel power from preservation. If you take a metal with the power actually inside of it, say, lerasium. If you have enough of it (enough to become a savant), you ascend. This could be true for the SA as well. Since Stormlight holds the actual power and is not a channel for it, if you had enough, you would ascend to become Honour. Again, you might say 'but Vin could absorb the Mists because Leras let her, and he chose her to be the next Preservation'. If you think about it, this could be true for SA as well, more specifically, Dalinar. Think about it. The Almighty (Honour) gave him seizures (not much of a gift, but still) so that he could see recordings of him. He chose Dalinar, the same way Leras chose Vin. Admittedly, Honour has been Splintered, but could it come back together for a new Shard? Quite possibly. Please tell me what you think of this down below. (by which i mean tell me whether I'm a deranged lunatic or a child prodigy)

11 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I could see it happening, but my hunch has always been that Dalinar will eventually die.

Mistborn book 3 scarred me forever.

Same, there has been hardly any death in stormlight archive and I can see him dying, probably dramatically

1 hour ago, Blightsong said:

I could see it happening, but my hunch has always been that Dalinar will eventually die.

Mistborn book 3 scarred me forever.

Dalinar dying has been too predictable... I say he survives just because we all expect him to die.

1 hour ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Everyone knows Kaladin will die.

I don't think so. Clues are Kaladin is one of those characters with an on-going arc within both half of Stormlight. I expect him to remain a major protagonist for the whole ten books.

1 hour ago, maxal said:

I don't think so. Clues are Kaladin is one of those characters with an on-going arc within both half of Stormlight. I expect him to remain a major protagonist for the whole ten books.

Nah everyone will be a plot device in the end to the rise of Renarin, Champion of Honor.

Lord Bookworm

Leras chose Vin to be the decoy. So Ati could chase her and not Sazed.

Sazed was always his chosen one to take the shard. 

HoA.

' "I am no Hero," he whispered, still reaching to the sky. His arms twinkled, golden. His copperminds, worn on his forearms, reflected the light of the sun. They had been with him for so long, his companions. His knowledge.

Knowledge...

The words of the prophecy were very precise, he thought suddenly. They say . . . they say that the Hero will bear the future of the world on his arms. Not on his shoulders. Not in his hands. On his arms. By the Forgotten Gods!'

Edited by Thanatos

• Chaos locked this topic