Fullborn VS. The Everstorm Bringers

So, I've been thinking lately about how freaking powerful Fullborns (i.e. TLR) are, and considered how powerful they would be against entire armies on Roshar. Then I got to thinking how the ending of WoR could've gone a lot better for the Alethi if they had a Fullborn they could unleash upon the Parshendi. So for no particular reason, here are a couple of ways a single Fullborn could've stopped the Everstorm from appearing on the plateau that day. 

Scenario 1: The Steel "I win" button.

Preparations: 1 Fullborn, with filled steel metalminds piercing him (because that's how compounding works I think)+ 1 Shardblade

Step 1: Alethi give F-Steel equipped Fullborn a shardblade.

Step 2: Fullborn compounds steel and begins cutting through the ranks of the Parshendi.

Step 3: They begin dying by the thousands as he/she tears through their ranks.

Step 4: The Parshendi occupied summoning the Everstorm are all wiped out before they even realize what's going on, because compounded F-Steel is OP

Step 5: Alethi win. They celebrate with large amounts of drinking.

Step 6: Kaladin becomes KR because this wouldn't have changed what happened back in the camps. Shallan probably still would've found Urithiru. Good job Shallan.

Scenario 2: The Fullborn Meteor.

Preparations: 1 Fullborn, with filled Iron, Pewter and Gold metalminds piercing him, also equipped with vials of Steel and Pewter.

(This scenario is completely impractical due to the inefficiency and danger presented to the Fullborn, however, it would look awesome/horrible when executed, so I included it anyway)

Step 1: Drop a coin and position Fullborn to launch in a trajectory that lands him on the plateau with the singing Parshendi.

Step 2: The Fullborn launches himself, possibly filling or tapping the Ironminds as necessary to change the trajectory, because Alethi mathematicians are terrible.

Step 3: The Fullborn reaches the crux of his parabolic flight, he compounds F-Iron, and either compounds or heavily taps F-Pewter.

Step 4: The Fullborn is now a living meteor.

Step 5: The Fullborn compounds F-Gold and flares A-Pewter milliseconds before impact, hopefully this will keep him alive. It might not.

Step 6: The plateau shatters, the singing Parshendi die. If the Fullborn survives the initial impact (don't fail me now A-Pewter!) he will recover and will be as right as rain.

Step 7: Repeat for all Parshendi Plateaus. The Alethi win. Everstorm never happened. Kaladin still becomes KR. Shallan might not find Urithiru, depends on whether or not the Fullborn destroys the Oathgate.

Scenario 3: Fullborn Magneto

Preparations: 10+ coins, the more the better really. Fullborn equipped with Zinc metalminds piercing him, also equipped with LOTS of A-Steel and A-Iron

Step 1: The Fullborn launches himself into the Parshendi army.

Step 2: The Fullborn lands in the middle of the singing Parshendi.

Step 3: The Fullborn compounds Zinc and uses A-Steel and A-Iron to manipulate coins, the Zinc will allow him the mental speed necessary to keep track of the Pushes and Pulls

Step 4: The Fullborn is now Magneto. Thousands of Parshendi fall victim to his/her maelstrom of metal.

Step 5: Alethi Win, results ultimately the same as the Steel "I Win" Button.

Idk why I posted this, I put this in the SA section because it takes place on Roshar, though it might actually be more suited for the Mistborn section. It's just a fun little thought experiment. Feel free to poke holes in the Scenarios, or contribute some of your own. :)

Just because this is cross-platform, it should probably be in Cosmere Theories. (Oh, you mentioned that.. Mistborn might be good enough since it's basically a "how could TLR wreck an army today?" thread if you put a spoiler tag in the title) @Rubix I leave its ultimate destination up to you.

Idea 1 works. Idea 2 should work, but I'm not sure how survivable it is. Idea 3 is (HoA Spoilers)

Spoiler

Idea 3 is a larger scale version of something Vin does in HoA against Koloss using a small collection of Horseshoes.

Also minor nitpick @The Technovore: Piercings aren't necessary for Compounding, just that the metal counts as "inside you." Piercings bypass the need to swallow the Metalmind, but TLR probably doesn't care

If we're talking a Fullborn like Rashek (his Allomancy is super charged because he uses Hemalurgy and rebuilt himself to be an extra powerful Mistborn when ascended) then it might be easier to list ways he couldn't beat the Stormform Listener army. He's that overpowered. Heck, he could probably just push them all off the plateaus with a duralumin charged steel push while tapping compounded Feruchemical iron to make himself heavy enough to not move back.

15 minutes ago, Knight Oblivion said:

his Allomancy is super charged because he uses Hemalurgy and rebuilt himself to be an extra powerful Mistborn when ascended

Again, the fact he uses Hemalurgy on himself isn't a proved fact.

On another note, It's possible Rashek could impact on Listeners' control.

I am unsure if the backdoor the Voidspren take with them is Odium's specific or could be used by someone else.

Edited by Yata

37 minutes ago, Yata said:

Again, the fact he uses Hemalurgy on himself isn't a proved fact.

On another note, It's possible Rashek could impact on Listeners' control.

I am unsure if the backdoor the Voidspren take with them is Odium's specific or could be used by someone else.

I suspect it could

ZAS678

Can Odium influence people the same way that Ruin can?

BRANDON SANDERSON (PARAPHRASED)

[misunderstands question as a question about kandra/koloss/parshendi] Well, you see, the kandra and the koloss have a "hole" in them that allows Ruin to come in and take over. The Parshendi naturally are protected from this, but when they expose themselves to the storms, and the spren come in, many of these spren have that kind of "hole" in them, and that’s what allows Odium to take control of them.

He directly compares the hole in some spren with that in koloss, so maybe it's a threshold thing but if Vin could do it to Koloss i can't see why someone with that level of power couldn't with the Parshendi.

8 hours ago, Knight Oblivion said:

he could probably just push them all off the plateaus with a duralumin charged steel push

Carapace isn't metal. If he embedded coins into their carapace then it might work, but that isn't very different from the OP's Scenario 3.

8 hours ago, Knight Oblivion said:

then it might be easier to list ways he couldn't beat the Stormform Listener army

While easier, it's more fun of a thought experiment to find new and creative ways to wreak havoc with the Fullborn Powerset.

Limits may be more interesting than powers, but creative usage of the powers you have is well within that category :)

10 minutes ago, Crucible of Shards said:

I thought Brandon specifically said that TLR used Hemalurgy to, I think, "pull off his most dramatic effects"

He did, but we still have nothing set in stone for what that actually entails. Pretty much absolutely everything that TLR is on record for having done can be explained away without using Hemalurgy.

5 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Carapace isn't metal. If he embedded coins into their carapace then it might work, but that isn't very different from the OP's Scenario 3.

While easier, it's more fun of a thought experiment to find new and creative ways to wreak havoc with the Fullborn Powerset.

Limits may be more interesting than powers, but creative usage of the powers you have is well within that category :)

For the duralumin steel push, I was assuming that the Listeners had some trace metals in their bodies for a Fullborn of Rashek's strength to manipulate.

Just compound iron, pewter and steel. The pewter makes you really strong so you can push the plateau over, then the iron makes you really heavy for all that extra momentum, and the steel makes you so fast that the parshendi can't react. Then, to make sure you don't get knocked back, duralumin steelpush behind you. The parshendi fall and die. Problem solved.

Compound enough Feruchemical cadmium to stop the Eversorm by blowing really really really hard. 

Probably wouldn't really work work since I think Feruchemical cadmium just puts oxygen in your blood rather than filling your lungs, but the idea amused me. 

I have a solution to stop the Everstorm.  The Lord Ruler fills his iron minds for several centuries.  Then he world hops to Roshar.  He hacks feruchemy using hemalurgical spikes, allowing his iron minds to not only affect his weight, but also his gravitational field.  He empties his metal minds all at once and becomes a black hole.  Bye bye Everstorm.  Bye bye Roshar.  Bye bye Odium.  And Silverlight rules the dwarf galaxy in piece and harmony until everything's consumed by the ever growing void.

• Chaos locked this topic