"I am most DEFINITELY a madman with a box."

I've noticed some overlap between Brandon fans and Doctor Who fans.  And the fact that you clicked on this topic means you're probably part of that!

Let's have some questions to spark conversation.

1. How long/how much have you watched DW?

2. What's your favorite thing about Doctor Who?

3. Who's your favorite Doctor?

4. Just how terrifying do you find the Weeping Angels?

Good point!

1.  I've only been watching DW since the new series starting with the 9th Doctor.

2.  The Doctor has an attitude of excitement and cheerfulness even when the world is about to explode that I find fun AND productive.

3.  My favorite Doctor(based on my limited sample) is the current Doctor(the 11th.)

4.  Blink was freeken creepy as rust.

1. Not-long (good and bad points). I watched my first episode in 2008 which makes me a relative newb and I've missed out on so much (bad point). The great thing is, I don't have to wait each week for a new episode since they've already been made (yay for good points!).

2. What's not to like. I love the universe-building, the spirit in everything-is-going-wrong situations and the challenge/problems he finds himself in from week to week.

3. David Tennant!

4. Undecided. Time of Angels two-parter made it more scary. Midnight/Library were scarier!

Oh man. I haven't watched dr. who since i was a kid (read: the 80's). It was totally on just before star trek, which was in front of red dwarf. Those were good times.

obviously, i havent seen the new stuff. I suppose im kinda predisposed to automatically think its gonna be bad, so i havent watched any of it, even though it gets good reviews.

1. uhhh.... see above i suppose

2. From the old series, i loved the campy british humor (same reason i love me some red dwarf)

3. 4th doctor, Tom baker.

4. the what?

Eerongal, it's a reference to the new series, sorry.

1.  I've watched the entire new series, even though I didn't start watching until the second series was already out on DVD.  My parents got series one on netflix and that's where I first saw it.

Incidentally, my first episode was Dalek, which is set in an underground bunker in Utah, where I live!

2. The concept of a guy who changes his face and travels through time is exhilirating.  Plus the various story arcs are breathtakingly cool.

3. Right now, David Tennant, 10, though Matt Smith, 11, might overtake him, depending on his performance next series.

4. When I'm alone in the dark, the shapes in the corners of my eyes look like Angels.  I instinctively don't blink when there's a picture of them on my monitor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just because no one had commented for three years... =)

Been into it since 2007 I think, so David Tennant

My favourite thing about Doctor Who is the Doctor himself his energy no matter who plays him is just captivating.

Always loved smart heroes too.

My favourite Doctor is... well maybe Matt Smith's but normally is the most recent one for me. They're all awesome anyways.

Weeping angels in Blink, were ace horrors but since their continuing reinstatement they've grown less so. The Silence and the Vashta Nerada on the other hand, scaaary!

• Chaos locked this topic