A quick hello

Jeordam

So I'm a new member to this fansite, but an old member/admin from wotmania and RAFO.

For those who recognize me, it's good to see you. To those who I don't know yet...hello.

Let's see....live in the San Diego, CA area....books...gaming.....tv/movies...those are all totally in my wheelhouse.  What isn't...social media!  I don't do the facebooks...twitter...snap chat....instagram...none of that.  Not my thing.  ;)

So yeah, see ya around!
~Jeordam

16 hours ago, Jeordam said:

Heh....right?  I just can't get past the whole "Look at me!!!!" aspect of social media.

I get it...I really do.  It is a valuable tool.  However at the same time, it just seems too attention-whore-ish for me.  Hence, why I don't do it.

~Jeordam

I think it - like many things - are more complex than that. Sure, it often turns into a me-fest, but there is value in social media - beyond just connecting with one's friends. 

I won't try to convert you or anything, I myself am not terribly active on my own accounts, but I recognize it can be useful (for information, for social studies, for gauging interest, for raising awareness, etc.). So if you are aware of these things and it still feels too person-centric to you (which it might, it very much depends on the kind of people you have around), then I'll get off your hair. But if this sounds somewhat new, maybe you can (choose to) see social media in a different light. It's certainly not going away :)

On 2/6/2017 at 4:46 PM, Jeordam said:

So I'm a new member to this fansite, but an old member/admin from wotmania and RAFO.

For those who recognize me, it's good to see you. To those who I don't know yet...hello.

Let's see....live in the San Diego, CA area....books...gaming.....tv/movies...those are all totally in my wheelhouse.  What isn't...social media!  I don't do the facebooks...twitter...snap chat....instagram...none of that.  Not my thing.  ;)

So yeah, see ya around!
~Jeordam

Big hello to my fellow wotmania/RAFO member!  This looks like a nice new home, especially since I am a huge BS fan.  Anyone else familiar here?

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PallonianFire said:

Hello! Always cool to see a familiar Wotmania name! I was/am DREWRULESWOT! 

Good to connect, totally remember you!  FYI, Readandfindout wasn't shut down.  Check it out.  As for here, love to have a place to chat about Brandon S and his novels.  

Edited by Anonymous2000

On 2/7/2017 at 5:46 AM, Jeordam said:

So yeah, see ya around!
~Jeordam

Here's to living outside the grid, fellow hermit! *breaks cookie in two, hands you the half* If you want, I can give you a cup of coffee with that. Whaddya say? *archs eyebrows up and down*

Edited by Mr. Staccato