Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

I got a $15 gift card for amazon recently. I want to get a pair of glasses, non-prescription, but I'm nervous about how to get the right size. Is there any way to not feel like I'm just throwing darts at a board blindfolded? 

27 minutes ago, Left said:

I got a $15 gift card for amazon recently. I want to get a pair of glasses, non-prescription, but I'm nervous about how to get the right size. Is there any way to not feel like I'm just throwing darts at a board blindfolded? 

I'm not sure that's a good idea...? I mean, I pick glasses physically, trying them out and stuff and even then sometimes I have to make adjustments. Although for me glasses are something very important as I wear them all the time.

But then I also don't understand how can you buy clothes online.

Edited by Oversleep

So we're currently flicking through channels on our hotel TV, and we found a german channel with a rather interesting sport. Basically, someone sits in a huge semi inflated thing, and another person's jumps from a height onto the other end, sending the person shooting up into the air. I can't believe this. 

Also,  apparently Germany has a competitive sport where you have to make the biggest splash possible.

4 hours ago, Oversleep said:

I'm not sure that's a good idea...? I mean, I pick glasses physically, trying them out and stuff and even then sometimes I have to make adjustments. Although for me glasses are something very important as I wear them all the time.

I tried walking into a store and buying a pair, and it didn't end super well. Apparently you can't walk into most glasses stores and buy a pair off the shelf unless you have a prescription, even if all you want is a pair for fashion. I'm really very clueless and inexperienced when it comes to eyeware. Thus, I'm going for just ordering a pair off of amazon to cut out all the restrictions and weird processes of a real life store. 

Hiiii guys I missed yooouuuu.

Everything's still crazy but Im gonna try hang around more for the sake of my mental health. 

On 30 June 2017 at 2:26 PM, The Sovereign said:

9 more hours and I am off for 6 straight days!? This is the first vacation I have taken since I went to Osaka, JP back in in the fall of 2015.

tenor.gif

Where this gif from? I love it!

On 1 July 2017 at 3:48 PM, Oversleep said:

When you buy glasses they measure things like the distance between your eyes and where the middle of your pupil focuses on the glass to make sure it all fits properly, and then they have to adjust the arms around your ears to make it comfortable. I guess good luck with the amazon thing?

23 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Where this gif from? I love it!

Adventure Time. Haven't watched it although I have it on good authority that it's good.

24 minutes ago, Delightful said:

When you buy glasses they measure things like the distance between your eyes and where the middle of your pupil focuses on the glass to make sure it all fits properly, and then they have to adjust the arms around your ears to make it comfortable. I guess good luck with the amazon thing?

Yeah, but if I understood @Left properly, he doesn't want glasses because of eye defect but for fashion, so it doesn't matter really.

3 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Adventure Time. Haven't watched it although I have it on good authority that it's good.

Yeah, but if I understood @Left properly, he doesn't want glasses because of eye defect but for fashion, so it doesn't matter really.

The prescription doesnt have to match but most of what i described is fitting just the frames to your face. 

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

The prescription doesnt have to match but most of what i described is fitting just the frames to your face. 

The pupils thing is for the lenses, I think.

And the arms get fixed later anyway :D I mean, if they don't fit you won't usually feel it until after wearing the glasses for some time. At least that's my experience :)

2 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Got two back to back days off B) I'm going to be paying for it though. The next two days will be back to back double shifts.

That's like a Christmas bonus followed by a pay cut. Hope you have a good weekend. Try not to think about what comes next. 

Episode 3 of Dimension 404 opens with making fun of people who put off work to the last moment and watch tv series instead of learning.

Suffice to say, I turned it off :mellow: The powers of irony!

Edited by Oversleep

21 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Episode 3 of Dimension 404 opens with making fun of people who put off work to the last moment and watch tv series instead of learning.

Suffice to say, I turned it off :mellow:

Heh. Heh. Unless it was really offensive,  I suppose you deserve that. 

19 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Heh. Heh. Unless it was really offensive,  I suppose you deserve that. 

It would be really funny if it would have happened the day after tomorrow :P Right now it was :mellow: and "I probably should get back to learning"...

Seriously, go watch Dimension 404. So far I have seen two episodes and first two minutes of the third and I'm liking it so far.

Edited by Oversleep

Happy Independence Day to my American friends out there! Enjoy your family, fireworks and freedom :) and think of those of us who remain under the brutal yoke of The Empire

July the fourth be with you. *nods sagely

Edited by Extesian

1 hour ago, Extesian said:

Happy Independence Day to my American friends out there! Enjoy your family, fireworks and freedom :) and think of those of us who remain under the brutal yoke of The Empire

July the fourth be with you. *nods sagely

The word revolution implies a cycle by its very nature. I'm pretty sure we've inscribed the word "freedom" into a yoke of our own. 

19 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

So ... I live in a state that's well known for summer wildfires. Setting off small fireworks = fun. Seeing a mortar go off right above my house = concern.

They lifted a firework ban in my area and said that you can set them off basically as long as they don't leave the ground. Our neighbors are launching professional fireworks by our house. I am a grumpy, old in heart, man. I can't sleep with all this ruckus!

35 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

So ... I live in a state that's well known for summer wildfires. Setting off small fireworks = fun. Seeing a mortar go off right above my house = concern.

Have fun, but keep an eye out is all I can really say. 

There were so many small fires the last few years that this is the first year that my city has an outright ban on commercial fireworks this year. It's just after dark, and I can still see and hear a lot of tickets being lit off. 

I'm not going to risk it, so I both understand your concern, and I'm a bit jealous. 

Just now, Calderis said:

Have fun, but keep an eye out is all I can really say. 

There were so many small fires the last few years that this is the first year that my city has an outright ban on commercial fireworks this year. It's just after dark, and I can still see and hear a lot of tickets being lit off. 

I'm not going to risk it, so I both understand your concern, and I'm a bit jealous. 

Oh, there's still a ban here. There's just so many people doing it that it's hard to get caught and verify who it was that lit the fuse.

Just now, Silverblade5 said:

Oh, there's still a ban here. There's just so many people doing it that it's hard to get caught and verify who it was that lit the fuse.

There's... A lot of tickets being written. 

The Fire Department had a very rough time last year, so they're really pushing the tickets hard.

I'm sure a lot of people will get away with it. But I've seen so many cops that I'm not bothering. 

Just now, Calderis said:

There's... A lot of tickets being written. 

The Fire Department had a very rough time last year, so they're really pushing the tickets hard.

I'm sure a lot of people will get away with it. But I've seen so many cops that I'm not bothering. 

What area do you live in? Mine is Colorado.