Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Pirates of the Carribean 5 is being released this year, until the title 'Dead Men Tell No Tales'. Which is a cool title; it fits with the pirate naming convention they have.

... if you live in the US. Or in Japan. Because everywhere else, it is being called Pirates of the Carribean: Salazar's Revenge, which I actually had to spit take and check to see if I was being punk'd. Because seriously, that is almost the prototypical bad movie sequel name.

It doesn't fit with the previous film convention, it introduces a new character in the title as if he's a big deal and promises his "Revenge" when he's never appeared before. I'm surprised they didn't fit some of the other generic film titles, like "Apocalypse" or "Gensis" in there somewhere.

I am so hyped for Pirates of the Carribean: Genesis of Salazar's Revengapocalypse.

28 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Pirates of the Carribean 5 is being released this year, until the title 'Dead Men Tell No Tales'. Which is a cool title; it fits with the pirate naming convention they have.

... if you live in the US. Or in Japan. Because everywhere else, it is being called Pirates of the Carribean: Salazar's Revenge, which I actually had to spit take and check to see if I was being punk'd. Because seriously, that is almost the prototypical bad movie sequel name.

It doesn't fit with the previous film convention, it introduces a new character in the title as if he's a big deal and promises his "Revenge" when he's never appeared before. I'm surprised they didn't fit some of the other generic film titles, like "Apocalypse" or "Gensis" in there somewhere.

I am so hyped for Pirates of the Carribean: Genesis of Salazar's Revengapocalypse.

Salazar's Revenge? Wait, what does one of the Hogwarts founders have to do with this...?

@Delightfully Smoak they're forest spirits that inhabit the kokiri/great hyrule forest in Legend of Zelda. They first appeared as Kokiri (in the form of never aging kids similar to the lost boys a la Peter pan). This was mainly so that the protagonist, who was a Hylian, didn't feel alone. They next appeared in Wind Waker in their true forms, like tiny walking plants/trees with leaf masks (as tall as about knee to mid thigh height). They are also present in Breath of the Wild, although in a far more annoying and greater capacity (there are 900 hidden throughout the entire continent to find, although it is optional, I just have nothing else to do until the downloadable content arrives)

46 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

I just watched Hidden Figures, and it was amazing!!!

I've watched the movie multiple times, since my family is obsessed with it, and I genuinely want to know why everyone likes it so much. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but to me, it just seems like any other historical drama. Sure, it does have good themes about racism and overcoming hate, but I just don't get what makes it so great. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a historical movie guy.

1 minute ago, Jedal said:

I've watched the movie multiple times, since my family is obsessed with it, and I genuinely want to know why everyone likes it so much. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but to me, it just seems like any other historical drama. Sure, it does have good themes about racism and overcoming hate, but I just don't get what makes it so great. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a historical movie guy.

I personally liked it due to the significance it gave to math and mathematicians.

3 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

I personally liked it due to the significance it gave to math and mathematicians.

Sure, I get that. But I mean in terms of actually storytelling, it just seemed to be your run of the mill history movie.

1 minute ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

It what now? Please explain more.

It uses the money from the searches (presumably from advertising etc) to plant trees. About 80% of the profit goes towards that, I believe, which is better than a lot of charities.

Just now, A Budgie said:

It uses the money from the searches (presumably from advertising etc) to plant trees. About 80% of the profit goes towards that, I believe, which is better than a lot of charities.

That's...really impressive. I may have to begin branching out into this search engine.

(Pun completely intended :P)

12 hours ago, Quiver said:

Selazar's Revenge on the Genesis of Apocalypse?
But yeah, I saw that trailer (or does that count a teaser/preview... eh whatever) just yesterday when watching GotG2. Good to see I'm not the only one confused by that name. :P

On 30.4.2017 at 2:40 AM, Left said:

Breaking news: Tom Holland was fired as Spiderman from the MCU. But never fear, the character will still be appearing in Infinity War. In fact, he's already been re-cast. It's none other than this dashing fellow. 

Reveal hidden contents

59053184c16a0_uncomfortableneighborhoodspidey.thumb.jpg.c387e5d9b2c0fee2194fddadac238a11.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

So yeah....At work we had a kids day event, and when I showed up they handed me the costume and told me to throw it on. It is truly amazing how hot wearing that costume is, and how difficult it is to breath under the mask. No wonder so few heroes go with a full head mask and opt for some form of cowl instead. The things I do for $9 an hour....

Here's me with the full thing on with some kiddos. 

590531b66a8e7_neighborhoodspidey.jpg.4e1a112a074d1e82a1e5228d5a9e4505.jpg

My first thought was that you're a month late. :P Still, you're rocking that costume. 

7 hours ago, A Budgie said:

So I've discovered a pretty cool search engine...it's called Ecosia, and for every search you do it PLANTS A TREE.

One tree for every search might be a bit much bit it still leafs the world in a better place. 

All these puns just seem to be blossoming. To think they stem from just one post! Whoever planted the idea has grown a forest of trouble now. I guess I should just put the brake petal before it branches out and needs pruning. Yikes, all these puns are leafing me green at the root.

...I'll stop now

13 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Salazar's Revenge? Wait, what does one of the Hogwarts founders have to do with this...?

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Piracy is my new favorite AU. 

Edited by Quiver

I've got my first AP exam of the year today. AP Psychology. I feel okay, but dang there's a ton of stuff in Psych and if the whole exam covers the nervous system instead of like the experimental method and therapy than I'm in trouble.

16 minutes ago, Left said:

I've got my first AP exam of the year today. AP Psychology. I feel okay, but dang there's a ton of stuff in Psych and if the whole exam covers the nervous system instead of like the experimental method and therapy than I'm in trouble.

Good luck!