Hello all! I'm a maker!

LordOfStorms

I've worked on several Cosmere projects- a mistcloak, a soulcaster out of pure silver, gold, and gems, and the gemstone Spheres from Stormlight Archive (I'll get around to posting pictures online at some point). Figured I should start posting on the forums!

A theory, then. SPOILERS

Shardplate is made of condensed Cultivation-type spren, as Blades are made of Honor-type spren.

Honor and Cultivation each control half of the surges on Roshar, so it could make sense that each is responsible for half of the Knights' gear. There also appear to be sub-spren for each of the main ones that bond via the Nahel Bond: Honorspren=windspren, Cryptics=creationspren, Cultivationspren=lifespren. Kaladin, Shallan, and Lyft each have drawn an incredible amount of each of these spren, respectively. Perhaps while Kaladin is filled with Stormlight and windspren are dancing off the Invested waves coming off of him, they will condense into a suit of Plate? 

First time posting, so if there's a better place for a theory post or a way to add spoiler tags, let me know! 

11 minutes ago, LordOfStorms said:

I've worked on several Cosmere projects- a mistcloak, a soulcaster out of pure silver, gold, and gems, and the gemstone Spheres from Stormlight Archive (I'll get around to posting pictures online at some point). Figured I should start posting on the forums!

A theory, then. SPOILERS

Shardplate is made of condensed Cultivation-type spren, as Blades are made of Honor-type spren.

Honor and Cultivation each control half of the surges on Roshar, so it could make sense that each is responsible for half of the Knights' gear. There also appear to be sub-spren for each of the main ones that bond via the Nahel Bond: Honorspren=windspren, Cryptics=creationspren, Cultivationspren=lifespren. Kaladin, Shallan, and Lyft each have drawn an incredible amount of each of these spren, respectively. Perhaps while Kaladin is filled with Stormlight and windspren are dancing off the Invested waves coming off of him, they will condense into a suit of Plate? 

First time posting, so if there's a better place for a theory post or a way to add spoiler tags, let me know! 

Hello LordOfStorms, I'm Shqueeves, and welcome to the 17th Shard.

I would love to see the stuff you made! 

That sounds like a good theory. I'll let someone who knows more about the Knights Radiant go through that. 

On mobile, spoiler tags can be added by tapping the eye icon at the top of the box given for typing (you can also add emojis)

I feel like I'm missing something

Oh yeah

Avoid the cookies, the might Ruin your appetite.

Edit: minor clarification

Edited by Shqueeves

6 hours ago, LordOfStorms said:

A theory, then. SPOILERS

Hi there, LordOfStorms! 

Welcome to the Shard. I am bleeder. I like music and vests. Don't eat the cookies. 

I once made a mistcloak for myself out of a cheap Halloween cape. I'm still quite pleased with it.

To post theories, go to the "Cosmere Theories" in the Cosmere section. You seem to have some pretty solid ideas, so good job!

In the Theories section, a good way to have a spoiler tag is to put [(story name) Spoilers] beside the title so everyone can see it.

If you ever need anything, feel free to let me know!

8 hours ago, LordOfStorms said:

A theory, then. SPOILERS

Interesting theory, but I might have to disagree, as not all Knight Radiant bondable spren are not of Honor. Take the Cryptics and whatever Wyndle is. I don't think that they are pure honor. However, The match of higher spren with those lesser spren looks plausible to me. A better place to post theories would be in cosmere theories, or the respective book forums, (Mistborn, Stormlight Archive, Wabreaker...)

(p.s. Your cosmere projects are amazing... wasing the derserving of ten upvotes... deserving of ten upvotes, wasing for the awesomeness...)

Have an upvote and some cookies!

(DISCLAIMER: THE DARK ALLEY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SOUL DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR. COOKIES MAY CONTAIN PEWTER, STEEL, IRON, OR BRONZE. NO NON-HUMANS WERE HARMED IN THE CREATION OF THESE COOKIES.)

th60099AFJ.jpg

14 hours ago, LordOfStorms said:

I've worked on several Cosmere projects- a mistcloak, a soulcaster out of pure silver, gold, and gems, and the gemstone Spheres from Stormlight Archive (I'll get around to posting pictures online at some point). 

Whoa, that's amazing! I make cosmere stuff too but not particularly high quality. Amateurs gonna amateur, you know? Do you work metals as a hobby, or is that your profession? 

Also, any chance your Sphere replicas could go on sale eventually? I do believe you have a ready market here, starting with me! 

37 minutes ago, Ironeyes said:

Whoa, that's amazing! I make cosmere stuff too but not particularly high quality. Amateurs gonna amateur, you know? Do you work metals as a hobby, or is that your profession? 

Also, any chance your Sphere replicas could go on sale eventually? I do believe you have a ready market here, starting with me! 

I would buy them too!
Do not eat the cookies

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 1:56 PM, Ironeyes said:

That's awesome Ironeyes, what cosmere stuff have you made? 

Just a hobby for me. I like to jump around and learn different materials. I'm taking this winter break to make Szeth's Honorblade out of fiberglass and ruby. 

At the signing for Ars Arcanum I gave Sanderson a set of the glass/gem spheres and a explanation for how to make them. In the report I suggested it might be the kind of thing he'd want to sell in the store. Haven't heard back from him but they only cost a dollar or two to make apiece, so maybe one day they could be sold. 

8 hours ago, LordOfStorms said:

That's awesome Ironeyes, what cosmere stuff have you made? 

Just a hobby for me. I like to jump around and learn different materials. I'm taking this winter break to make Szeth's Honorblade out of fiberglass and ruby. 

At the signing for Ars Arcanum I gave Sanderson a set of the glass/gem spheres and a explanation for how to make them. In the report I suggested it might be the kind of thing he'd want to sell in the store. Haven't heard back from him but they only cost a dollar or two to make apiece, so maybe one day they could be sold. 

I usually don't make stuff from scratch; rather I break stuff and then fix it into something else. My current project is rebinding my copies of the original Mistborn series as hardcovers. Most of my other stuff is woodburned, although I also do a little cheap jewelery making. I made a soulcaster once by taking apart some costume jewelry and reconstructing it. 

Welcome! Love the theory work, but yes Wyndle is a good example of why this may not be the case as he is (almost definitely) a Cultivation spren and 

Spoiler
Arcanum Unbounded Spoiler

turns into a Shardblade(fork)

QUESTION

Syl identifies herself as an honorspren.

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes.

QUESTION

Would Wyndle identify himself as a cultivation spren? [Pause]

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. I think you could say that he would.

QUESTION

By the same logic, would a voidspren follow the same naming convention, so to speak?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Here's the thing. Certain spren have decided that they are the most pure forms of honor, or that they are the most pure form of whatever, where all of them are kind of... Syl's got a good argument for what she is. But there are other spren that would be like "well, I'm an honorspren too, I'm just this variety of honorspren." Does that make sense? Syl's like "I'm an American!" and I'm like "I'm an Alaskan!" Yes, you're an American. I'm an American too. It's kind of similar to that. But she would be the most pure... many would view her as the purest form. Wyndle would view himself as the purest form of a cultivation spren.

Edit - I too am new here and clearly haven't quite gotten the hang of making spoilers! It's where Cosmere Theories comes in handy as no spoiler tags are needed!

Edited by Extesian