Mid-Range Game 17: Hic Sunt Leones

Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

But I didn't initiate the duel....

You just did by putting your own name in red.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Didn't DA manip Sanis into cheering El, though?

Sanis didn't start that duel, Lumina did. An accused lancer can cheer on others or even their enemy, if they want.

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Elenion said:

So in my duel with me and Dankness, the duel starts at Dankness 1, Len 0?

No, lancers cannot ever cheer themselves on. Cheering yourself on does nothing; it's already presumed that unless you're cheering for your enemy, you're going to put all your energy into killing them before they can kill you, just like the same can be assumed for the accuser.

1 minute ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

But Elenion initiated it by saying DA in red....

Two lancers can initiate a duel with the same player. The duel that happens will be the one with the most cheers overall.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

No, lancers cannot ever cheer themselves on. Cheering yourself on does nothing; it's already presumed that unless you're cheering for your enemy, you're going to put all your energy into killing them before they can kill you, just like the same can be assumed for the accuser.

Two lancers can initiate a duel with the same player. The duel that happens will be the one with the most cheers overall.

Eh, ok

(On the other hand, I speedran Isaac in 30 minutes XD, I just used Ipecac, and kept getting soul hearts and health ups!)

EDIT- Can I cancel my duel with myself? I don't like commiting suicide, and I think BARD is an Elim, because he was all for me commiting suicide, seemed like an easy way for the Elims to get a kill.

Edited by Dankness Ascendant

3 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

EDIT- Can I cancel my duel with myself? I don't like commiting suicide, and I think BARD is an Elim, because he was all for me commiting suicide, seemed like an easy way for the Elims to get a kill.

*Facepalms* @STINK Is DA one of your trainees? :rolleyes:

@Amanuensis, how would you go about canceling a duel with yourself?

12 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Eh, ok

(On the other hand, I speedran Isaac in 30 minutes XD, I just used Ipecac, and kept getting soul hearts and health ups!)

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

*Facepalms* @STINK Is DA one of your trainees? :rolleyes:

@Amanuensis, how would you go about canceling a duel with yourself?

He would have to put his name in green twice: the first time apologizing to himself, the second time accepting the apology. All this can be learned by rereading the rules :P

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

He would have to put his name in green twice: the first time apologizing to himself, the second time accepting the apology. All this can be learned by rereading the rules :P

Haha ok.

Danrkness Ascendant.What can I say man, sorry wouldn't cut it, what I did, it was horrible. How could I think about commiting suicide just for a laugh? Will you forgive me?

I accept your apology Dankness Ascendant,  Just make sure it doesn't happen again, ok?

I can't promise anything after next Tuesday

2 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Haha ok.

Danrkness Ascendant.What can I say man, sorry wouldn't cut it, what I did, it was horrible. How could I think about commiting suicide just for a laugh? Will you forgive me?

I accept your apology Dankness Ascendant,  Just make sure it doesn't happen again, ok?

I can't promise anything after next Tuesday

What a shame. I was looking forward to writing you dueling yourself. :D

Edited by Amanuensis

What even...is happening. So first Elenion started a duel with Darkness-oh wait, Dankness, then Dankness started a duel on himself, and got cheered by Bard. After that, Dankness kinda accused Bard of being an Elim. And now he has apologised to himself. So Elenion's duel still stands?

Just now, I_am_a_Stick said:

What even...is happening. So first Elenion started a duel with Darkness-oh wait, Dankness, then Dankness started a duel on himself, and got cheered by Bard. After that, Dankness kinda accused Bard of being an Elim. And now he has apologised to himself. So Elenion's duel still stands?

Even so, I'll just make El cheer me. I hope you guys trust I'm not an Elim. I can give someone a holobox if they want, just so that they can see my actions. And If I do die, my whispergem will proclaim me Faithful, and you all will be sad.

Darkness has done a lot of avoiding and not a single bit of defending.  You know how Len has posted his suspicions of you and initiated a duel with you @Dankness Ascendant?  How about instead of trying to get everyone to ignore the duel and the accusations of you by making jokes, you actually reply to what he's said and defend yourself.

In light of all this, Len.

I can't tell if I'm more suspicious of Bard or Dankness right now. I know, I cheered Bard last round, but we all know Wonko was Forsworn, so there wasn't any downside.  Can a Lune scan Bard tonight and let me know?

RP!

Quintus wearily rose the next morning early enough to head to the war room.  Tiberius had been absent the previous day, but Quintus knew better than to assume that excused him from attending again, in case Tiberius chose to appear.  He'd heard that Gregor had found and killed the traitor Sanis during the night, which he was grateful for (as much for his own safety as for his liege's), but he was still sure there were more traitors amongst the lancers.  There was no one he could trust, though.

Entering the war room, though, he suddenly realized there was one other he could probably assume wasn't a traitor.  Nyanah lay draped over her chair, blood drying on the ground underneath her. Not again. Quintus was getting very tired of discovering bodies.  Sevro's severed head [heh] sat beside her still, gaping almost humorously at her dead body.

Quintus just felt sick.

I'm honestly a little frustrated that Rae turned out to be good.  -sigh-  Also, we lost like all our most talkative people in one turn.  We're so dead.

I'll cheer Len, because I'm not sure what else to do, but I'm going to try to post some interesting stuff here, as well as revise my suspicions list.   It's below.

Bad reads section:

1. Brown-Piercing:  Some odd vibes.  Suddenly got much more talkative, and is not paying attention to his own lynch.  Maybe he has protection?  I'm cheering Len because I lean Elim on him.
  2. Tia:  Meh.  I wouldn't mind lynching her, but don't feel strongly enough start it this cycle.  Maybe next?  I think it's probably that she's an Elim, but I couldn't say why. Mostly process of elimination ATP, with so few people left. 
  3. Quintus:  Still some meh reads, leaning a bit towards elim?  Idk.  Probably just newbie stuff, but I'm paying attention to him.
  4. Gregor: Pretty quiet, but no RP.  Some posts on game related stuff.  I almost feel bad after what Wonko did last cycle.  A little bad gut read.  Basically the same as last time. 
  5. Stick: ???  Started noticing them this cycle, and I think he's avoiding talking.  Somewhat participatory, but mostly RP and agreeing with whatever people say.  Slight bad read.
  6. Priam: Lopen has been accused of being quiet, and I'm not sure what to make of him.  He has been on since the cycle was posted, but he has not posted yet.  Idk. Netral read, leaning towards elim.

Good Reads Section:

1. Khazad: Started the lynch today, and worked on good reasons for it.  I'd tend to trust Len RN, but we'll see.
  2. Nirgal:  Sheep seems to be acting pretty much as he has in previous games I've played with him.  He's posted a few times this cycle, and has cheered Len.  I see him watching this topic, so I'll expect some sort of reply, but I'm pretty sure he's village.  
  3. Tenebrum:  Very quiet.  Some few posts, I'm going to guess that Chaos is going to go the same route as Burnt, becoming a sorta-lurker.  Neutral read, in the good section because I'm leaning towards that.
  4. The Jackal:  Some gut reads towards village, participating in lynch somewhat, really quiet.
  5. Jefry: Mostly RP.  Some discussion.  Quiet this cycle and last.  Idk.  Good read.

So, we have only 12 people left.   Most of the people left have been really quiet, so discussion is probably going to stagnate soon.  I've never survived this long before, so I'm hoping to survive a game for once, but I'm also unsure as to what I should do at this point.  I have aquired a pulseShield, so I'm no longer worried about death too much, but I'm worried that the elims will be able to kill us before we can kill them.  It'd be nice if some of the people with ionBlades had survived, but they didn't, so we'll have to be careful with lynches.  I'm not sure about DA, but his cavalier manner makes me think he has protection, so I wonder if we should lynch him or not.  

I'll be back later with some RP, if I can muster up the energy.

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Trying to be more active but still pressed for time. Dankness is just being weird, with all the deuling himself and stuff. Cheering Elenion. How do you make colors again?

You know the capital A with the line under it in the top right of the editor?  If you click on that it should bring up the colour selection pane.

30 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

You know the capital A with the line under it in the top right of the editor?  If you click on that it should bring up the colour selection pane.

That normally works but not on mobile. I know there's a way to do it with brackets and stuff but I can't remember. @Wonko the Sane, didn't you know?