Ending of Bands of Mourning

Assassin in Burgundy

I recently reread BoM, and I still have no clue who it is in the end with the coppermind given by Hoid. We see a man with a spike in one eye find one of the southern villages dying because of the cold. He then whispers Survive. As we all probably know, this is Survivorism's only order, and so it is possibly Kelsier. Then, since he is spiked through one eye, this may be Marsh, trying to live up to his brother's name and undo the damage he caused in HoA. And I had a reason for it being TLR, based on Allik talking to Wax, but I can't remember it. I have not read Secret History. Is there something I am missing in that book? Please respond.

First of all I misread the tag and I read "end of boom" thinking to a wordplay for the scene with Suit and the Fakeless Immortal :ph34r:

Anyway there are a couple of thing that push more to Kelsier (the scars on his arms) and less to Marsh (we know he replaced his miss Spike and much more the sovreign have his eye-Spike in the wrong eyesocket)

13 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Definitely read Secret History, though it won't give it completely away. You'll want that knowledge before really getting into this, though.

jW

I can't because I don't have a kindle. Is there anyway I can download it directly onto a computer and read it there?

As someone who hasn't read Secret History yet, isn't it pretty obvious that it's Kelsier? To me the scars on his arms are a dead giveaway. If it's somebody else then it's intentionally misleading.

The fact that Kelsier died is obviously pretty easy to get around, given Wax's experience at the end of BoM. And there's no reason why he couldn't have been spiked in one eye.

We also know it's not Marsh, you see him in Alloy of Law and while one eye is structurally damaged he has spikes in both eyes. He's acting as one of Harmony's tools on Scadrial and is worshipped by some as Ironeyes. 

So the person in the vision is either Kelsier or an imposter, but it's pretty commonly accepted right now it's Kelsier.

For anyone who hasn't read SH, I recommend it being the next book you buy. It's a great story and a great complement to the Mistborn trilogy.

1 hour ago, Radiant Returned said:

So the person in the vision is either Kelsier or an imposter, but it's pretty commonly accepted right now it's Kelsier.

I have a pet theory that it is Spook but I recognize that it is probably not very likely haha

• Chaos locked this topic