Mists as power of Preservation

Mason Wheeler

According to Secret History, Preservation's power takes multiple physical forms.  Solid as Lerasium, liquid as the power in the Well of Ascension, and vapor, as the mists.

I have to wonder, does that mean it would be possible to enclose and condense some mist and render Lerasium from it, to create new Mistborn with?  It seems it would be (conceptually at least) simpler than the way the Set is going about it, but no one seems to have thought of it...

There's a bit of a problem with that. Historically only Vin and whoever Harmony/Preservation chooses to lend the mists have been able to use the power of the mist or able to manipulate the mist, even a fellow shard like Ruin has only been able to encourage the mists not use them on their own since it is not his own power.

If something as powerful as a shard(which is technically the most powerful beings in the universe) couldn't make use the unguided power of another shard, i doubt another human could possibly just do that. And there's even a question on how on earth will they be able to do that alone (remember that people are powerless)

Also the big problem that i mentioned is that there is a mind behind the mists which is Harmony. I heavily doubt they could do that.

In the first place Lerasium wouldn't be a thing if Rashek didn't make them during his ascension.

17 minutes ago, goody153 said:

In the first place Lerasium wouldn't be a thing if Rashek didn't make them during his ascension.

Rashek have to find the Lerasium after his Ascension (WoB). He didn't create the beads himself

Probably in the meanwhile of his Ascension he sensed the Lerasium's location and after return mortal he search and find it.

Just now, Yata said:

Rashek have to find the Lerasium after his Ascension (WoB). He didn't create the beads himself

Probably in the meanwhile of his Ascension he sensed the Lerasium's location and after return mortal he search and find it.

I thought he created those things ? Since originally there were no mistborn before his time and all mistborn originated from the lerasium

To be honest I understand you, I thought the same before the WoB said differently.

But now for example I think the Lerasium was leaved by Preservation itself, 16 beads and some of them (possible up to 5) were used to gift Feruchemy to the Terrismen.

Edited by Yata

12 minutes ago, Yata said:

To be honest I understand you, I thought the same before the WoB said differently.

But now for example I think the Lerasium was leaved by Preservation itself, 16 beads and some of them (possible up to 5) were used to gift Feruchemy to the Terrismen.

The ancient Terris already had Feruchemy.  (And they certainly didn't get it from the Lord Ruler, who spent the rest of his life trying to suppress Feruchemy!)

8 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

The ancient Terris already had Feruchemy.  (And they certainly didn't get it from the Lord Ruler, who spent the rest of his life trying to suppress Feruchemy!)

Yes I know, I meant that the ancient Terrismen were guided by Terris Prophecies to the Lerasium and following the istruction they burned it and becoming Feruchemist.

Then many generation passed and a jerk named Rashek was born among them. The rest of the story is quite history.

7 minutes ago, Yata said:

Yes I know, I meant that the ancient Terrismen were guided by Terris Prophecies to the Lerasium and following the istruction they burned it and becoming Feruchemist.

Then many generation passed and a jerk named Rashek was born among them. The rest of the story is quite history.

Do you have a source for that, or is it headcanon?

The Feruchemy's Origin is an Idea of mine (like I said a couple of posts before) while the fact that Rashek didn't create the Lerasium and he needed to find it to spread Allomancy with his allies is canon (we have a WoB about)

Edited by Yata

• 2 weeks later...

I read that one somewhere. You should be able to look it up. The simple answer is yes you can; the real question is HOW?! I doubt it's easy, which is probably why the set isn't doing it. Not to mention that the Mists in their time will distill to Harmonium, not Lerasium. 

Going into theory mode, I think tapping Harmonium as though it were a metal mind would cause one to become a feruchemist. (Burn for allomancy, tap for feruchemy, spike for hemalurgy. It makes sense that you'd need to burn a metal to become an allomancer. Not so much for a feruchemist, which is why I think it requires tapping investiture.) I also think it is a 50/50 alloy of Lerasium and Atium, as that is what Harmony is (half Ruin and a half Preservation.) So my belief is that you could take Harmonium and break it down into the two other God metals. I doubt doing any of those things would be easy though... probably just easier to spike people.

46 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I read that one somewhere. You should be able to look it up. The simple answer is yes you can; the real question is HOW?! I doubt it's easy, which is probably why the set isn't doing it. Not to mention that the Mists in their time will distill to Harmonium, not Lerasium. 

Actually, it is said that there are two kinds of mists that appear in AoL. One is the lighter colored mist, symbolizing Preservation. One is a dark gray/black, symbolizing Ruin. You could distill Lerasium from the the mists of Preservation, and Atium from the mists of Ruin. Then you could alloy the metals to get Harmonium.

38 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Oh, thanks! Do you know where in the book that was mentioned? I must have missed it and want to highlight it for future reference.

I remember it's states in AoL probably in the scene with Wax closed in the train

I'm pretty sure it's near the beginning of AoL. Wax is Steelpushing through the city, and the mists are out. I'm not exactly sure where it's mentioned though. He says something about the mist responding to Allomancy, but that it's most noticeable around Coinshots and Lurchers. It's been a while since I've read AoL though...I could be wrong.

Edited by Shadeshadow227

• Chaos locked this topic