No Man's Sky

Straw

• 1 month later...

I played for a bit last night (when it came out).  And I was enjoying myself.

Its a lot like Subnautica in space.  But that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I love Subnautica, and when its out of early access, I'll be playing that game pretty religiously.

I spend alot of tiime sunday, on a planet with acid rain.  God thats anoying.  Especially since I couldn't just hide under a rock over overpass to let my chemical protection recharge.

most of my wanderings are just hunting down learning stones/obellisks to learn words.  know almost 40 now, starting to get a vague idea what those aliens are saying.

Not sure what I'm going to do after that.  Try my hand at piracy maybe?  To paraphrase caboose (RvB), 'Yarr!  Drop and give me your booty!".

Found a planet named by a different player. So far I think exploration is the best part of the game. Fighting is boring, Survival is easy, and trade fairly fun. The best parts of no mans sky can be found by just souring over a planets surface, running through the depths of caves, swimming through oceans, slowly learning a alien language, and investigating the at strange planet in the distance.

No Man's Sky may seem boring, but the best parts of it are hidden in that boredom.

I'm also subbed to a similar discussion on the elite dangerous forums.  People are equal parts enjoying it, and complaining about the game.  Its clearly not for everyone.

They're also sharing incredible screen shots of this game.  Us GOG players, are having a hard time getting screen shots.  But does anyone have any screen shots from the game?

Edit: I just went on my lunch break and watched a video made by totalbiscuit, to explain what the NMS war on the interweb is all about.  I wasn't paying attention to the hype, so I didn't know what the hype was saying.  But there were alot of others that were.

If I had been paying attention to the hype, and got the product I got, I'd ask for a refund too.

I figured folks would want to see this, just to make sure they didn't get the wrong impressions about the game.  So, here you go.

I'm a bit peeved at the devs, for allowing the hype to get as high as it did.  Just because, all it did was remind us consumers what companies will do to make a buck/euro/your monetary denomination.

Edited by mattig89ch
Added Video

I think your right.  There are some flaws, sure.  But overall, I think the devs are going to be able to take this product and improve it significantly.

I put it down for the moment.  I just beat dragon age origins for the first time on PC (beat it on the 360 a while ago).  Going through the DLC, to get a save ready for import into DA2 (and possible 3, later on down the line).

I'm going to pick it up again in the future, that's for sure.