Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Somehow my laptop configured and booted up - when I fired it up today it was at a different dialogue window (I'm pretty sure I left it at the one asking for Windows license key) and I could proceed without problems... and it works.

Without Windows license key :blink: Did my technology-destroying aura actually broke something in a way that's favourable to me? It's really weird and I'm expecting something to crash down just because the situation is weird.

Just now, Oversleep said:

Somehow my laptop configured and booted up - when I fired it up today it was at a different dialogue window (I'm pretty sure I left it at the one asking for Windows license key) and I could proceed without problems... and it works.

Without Windows license key :blink: Did my technology-destroying aura actually broke something in a way that's favourable to me? It's really weird and I'm expecting something to crash down just because the situation is weird.

You're just trying to hide the fact that you wear some sort of metalminds that allow you to store technological prowess. 

9 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I guess you can use Windows but it's not activated and it may ask you for a key in some time. Anyway, it's good that it's working :)

7 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

I guess you can use Windows but it's not activated and it may ask you for a key in some time. Anyway, it's good that it's working :)

Now just to configure the router so it'll allow my computer in, then download Firefox, then download Scala and OCaml and IDE for it, probably Eclipse, then find an IDE for C++... oh and I should be packing right now -_- And I'm really sleepy :/

37 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I am now convinced that breaking technology is your Talent, and that you've only now figured how to use it to your advantage. 

Oversleep, you're a Smedry. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

Just happened to catch a little bit of an early Avatar episode.

Sokka referred to "his" grandfather. Did he ever talk about his and Katara's mom? 

Could they actually be half-siblings?

I believe they're actual siblings. They share both parents. I do not recall the situation you're refering to, so I can't say for sure what'd Sokka mean.

BTW, recently I rewatched the Final Agni Kai and it made me want to rewatch the whole series... but some episodes are just a tad too... silly? childish?

Some are excellent but some I'd rather skip.

As some of you know, I live in a small rural Texan town. Unsurprisingly, Trump signs are everywhere. Trump bumper stickers are everywhere. People praising Trump are everywhere. I'm honestly surprised the toupee hasn't made a comeback here. (If it was ever enough of a thing to make a comeback.)

Long story short, we drove past the [REDACTED] Democrat Headquarters today. It was... perhaps the most pathetic building I've ever seen. Teeny tiny. Shoddy white paint job with a few blue flecks left from years of eroding. Roof needs patching. A single rundown car sitting outside of it. The only new part of it is a slogan somebody painted on one of the walls in blue paint--it reads simply "Love trumps hate."

I'm no Democrat, but I want to walk inside of there, find whoever still runs the place, pat them on the shoulder and tell them everything's gonna be okay.

6 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

As some of you know, I live in a small rural Texan town. Unsurprisingly, Trump signs are everywhere. Trump bumper stickers are everywhere. People praising Trump are everywhere. I'm honestly surprised the toupee hasn't made a comeback here. (If it was ever enough of a thing to make a comeback.)

Long story short, we drove past the [REDACTED] Democrat Headquarters today. It was... perhaps the most pathetic building I've ever seen. Teeny tiny. Shoddy white paint job with a few blue flecks left from years of eroding. Roof needs patching. A single rundown car sitting outside of it. The only new part of it is a slogan somebody painted on one of the walls in blue paint--it reads simply "Love trumps hate."

I'm no Democrat, but I want to walk inside of there, find whoever still runs the place, pat them on the shoulder and tell them everything's gonna be okay.

Can....can I send them some cookies? :(

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Attempts at creating American wizarding slang....

"Wand trees can be identified by bowtruckle infestations. Okay, Americans would probably shorten that name, to....bow...t....bowt....

"Boat. There are boats in the trees."

The term No-Maj brings me immeasurable amounts of pain. They're... they're called Muggles.

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Attempts at creating American wizarding slang....

"Wand trees can be identified by bowtruckle infestations. Okay, Americans would probably shorten that name, to....bow...t....bowt....

"Boat. There are boats in the trees."

And now I'm imagining a bow wielding trucker stalking the woods and shooting trees. :mellow:
Clearly this is infestation by road elves. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, bleeder said:

The term No-Maj brings me immeasurable amounts of pain. They're... they're called Muggles.

I don't doubt that Americans would have their own term, but not like that.

Just now, Edgedancer said:

And now I'm imagining a bow wielding trucker stalking the woods and shooting trees. :mellow:
Clearly this is infestation by road elves. :ph34r:

Please start writing Harry Potter fanfic. :ph34r: