So about the interpoles relation in era 2 in Scandrial

Elendtheking

I wanna say the North would win a war with SoScad. Their much higher numbers of Allomancer gives them an advantage. Especially if they can get their hands on some SoScad technology and use it for themselves. Possibly learning more about Investiture and things about Allomancy they didn't know before. I'm not really counting Feruchemists because,unless I'm wrong, there aren't many left. If I am wrong, just tack on Feruchemy to my previous statements.

Now to the Southern Scadrians. We don't know much at all about Southern Scadrian technology, or their culture. We've only seen a group of them fight once, and IIRC, those were airship operators, not soldiers. And we don't know how large of an explosion those bombs they use create. I highly doubt it's nuke size, but I would confidently guess they could be MOAB(Mother of All Bombs) size. Hell, the tech we have seen allows them to steal Investiture of an Allomancer, connect their Identity to whatever land they go to in order to speak the language, control body temperature so they can survive in inhospitable climates.

Withe all that said, which isn't nearly everything on the topic lol, I still think the North would prevail. With huge losses on both sides, with peace for a while after and possibly some intermingling of people's and lil behbehs being born. But who knows, maybe the North will be smashed and the South will rule for Era 3.

The last book will probably deal with the whole Sovereign thing. I don't think Wax will tell many people - he hasn't been very open about other secrets he's found out about.

There will probably be tension between the two, but I actually think most of the tension will be within the two societies. The abundance of Metalborn in the north - just the knowledge of them - will probably affect the southern culture significantly, for example.

The economy in the north will change a lot too, probably. Depending on how the medallions are produced, there is a possibility that people will be hired as "medallion fillers", who fill up metalminds for others to buy and use. There's lots of room for exploitation of the poor there, unfortunately...

By the way, this should probably be in the BoM boards.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Wax will tell many people - he hasn't been very open about other secrets he's found out about.

The other secrets he's found out are different though. The existence of the Set? No one would believe him. Lessie being a kandra? That doesn't really affect anyone else, and telling others would deeply hurt Wax. The Soverign being Kelsier changes how at least one of the two main northern religions views their deity. It's big news that people would believe. Plus, sooner or later people would piece together that the guy depicted by the southerners doesn't really look much like Rashek.

The other secrets he's found out are different though. The existence of the Set? No one would believe him. Lessie being a kandra? That doesn't really affect anyone else, and telling others would deeply hurt Wax. The Soverign being Kelsier changes how at least one of the two main northern religions views their deity. It's big news that people would believe. Plus, sooner or later people would piece together that the guy depicted by the southerners doesn't really look much like Rashek.

Why would people believe him, though. A whole lot of people watched Kelsier die, while many didn't even really believe The Lord Ruler did, like the Obligator who took over Cett's dominance (forget his name). The southern Scadrians only know what he called himself, and that revelation wouldn't alter anything if they did believe it, while most of the northern Scadrians might even think it heretical.

jW

Why would people believe him, though. A whole lot of people watched Kelsier die, while many didn't even really believe The Lord Ruler did, like the Obligator who took over Cett's dominance (forget his name). The southern Scadrians only know what he called himself, and that revelation wouldn't alter anything if they did believe it, while most of the northern Scadrians might even think it heretical.

jW

He could just had them the Coppermind coin, of course.

He could just had them the Coppermind coin, of course.

If it works like normal copperminds, then the memory has been transferred to Wax' head. He could attempt to put it back I guess, but I kinda doubt he would...

But who knows, maybe the coin doesn't work like a normal coppermind. We'll just have to see.

If it works like normal copperminds, then the memory has been transferred to Wax' head. He could attempt to put it back I guess, but I kinda doubt he would...

But who knows, maybe the coin doesn't work like a normal coppermind. We'll just have to see.

Well, Wax stopped tapping the memory when he saw Kel's arms, so I would assume that there's still a good portion of memory left in the coin.

Well, Wax stopped tapping the memory when he saw Kel's arms, so I would assume that there's still a good portion of memory left in the coin.

I'm not sure... From Sazed's viewpoints it seems like you store and fetch memory in chunks, rather than as a 'steam'. But that doesn't work as a story.

But Sazed stored different kinds of information, never really experiences. Those memories could work differently.

But on the other hand, memories can be faked. People could argue that it's just someone's dream or something.

To be honest, I don't recall a single southerner ever confirming the Sovereign as Rashek. Wax assumed, and Allik likely wouldn't even know enough of Empire history to know exactly who Wax was referring to by the name Lord Ruler. He confirmed only that the Sovereign was the north's king, and god, and that they killed him. The king thing is odd, but the other two are true.

Since the Southerners are tribal 'King' is probably more accurately 'Chief' or something similar. If Kell told them he was a leader in the North, and probably used connection himself to speak to them, then they likely heard it as clan/tribe chief. Which then goes through connection translators again to come out as king. (My understanding of how connection translators work is that the personal meaning of the word is what translates. Some words mean different things or have different connotations to different people.)

As far as we are aware the Southerners have had only one King -Kelsier. Now if someone had only thought to ask Alik for the Sovreign's name...

• Chaos locked this topic