The destroyers of worlds.

Elendtheking

Hello, everyone. Today, I am going to speak about awesome powers that could destroy planets.

So first of all, I think that a full metalborn (full feruchemist+mistborn) could destroy a planet if he has enough weight, strengh and investiture stored in his metalminds and enough metals to use his allomancy.

To destroy a planet, he would have to push and pull on various locations of the planet while tapping his metalminds( so that he has enough power) in order to move entire palaces, mountains or even ocean from their original location which would create a horrible place to live in from the original planet and might start lava to flow on it(which might at the end make it explode(not by the lava but by the pushes and pulles)

Please post your ideas of awesome (cosmere) powers that could destroy a planet (or make living in it very difficult).

I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear while explaining my idea (ask if you haven't understood it)

Well the core of most planets has large components of molten metal so I'd say that you could probably just pull the magma directly if you were fullborn.

Other than that, Shards? Not much else that we know of unless you have access to insane amounts of Investiture. Soulcasting if you had infinite Investiture I guess? Forgery if you had a lot of technical knowledge or heaps of Investiture. A big enough Aon might be able to.

I'm sure a big enough son could do it- just look at the effect of the city of Elantris itself. Replace the Aon Rao with Aon Sheo or Reo. Lots of Aons could have a very dangerous effect on the land or people in it.

I'm sure a big enough son could do it- just look at the effect of the city of Elantris itself. Replace the Aon Rao with Aon Sheo or Reo. Lots of Aons could have a very dangerous effect on the land or people in it.

It's crazy how you can remember what any of the Aons do. I have a really difficult time imagining the shapes of Aons by explanation alone. And then I can't catalogue it with its Aon name, so any time it talks about drawing Aons, I get completely lost. It's really annoying. Not on the books part. On mine.

It's crazy how you can remember what any of the Aons do. I have a really difficult time imagining the shapes of Aons by explanation alone. And then I can't catalogue it with its Aon name, so any time it talks about drawing Aons, I get completely lost. It's really annoying. Not on the books part. On mine.

Which is why we have the Coppermind. http://coppermind.net/wiki/Aon

Oh I definitely copperminded those last two. I remember Rao because it was important to the story, but there's no chance on Sel I'd remember the rest on my own.

I don't think this is possible. The twin born could only hold so much investiture before ascending, and soulstamps and metalminds can only hold so much investiture.

It would probably be impossible to do directly without being a Sliver or Shard but indirectly or over a long period of time could work. Soulstamp someone who works at a nuclear Silo into launching them, Soulcast something into antimatter, etc.

Lash the planet so it leaves its orbit. This would require insane amounts of investure however.

There's also the problem that as far as we know Lashing only affects your gravitational connection to the planet, not all of your gravity, so the planet wouldn't actually move in any way. Also yeah you'd pretty much need to absorb an entire Shard to Lash it.

I don't think this is possible. The twin born could only hold so much investiture before ascending, and soulstamps and metalminds can only hold so much investiture.

Are you sure someone could ascend if he held enough investiture. I mean the only example that we have is Vin that uses the mist that are slivers of Preservation to become Preservation in M: HoA. So even though the amount of investiture that needs to be held should be insane, I don't think the persone would ascend while trying to destroy a planet.

Are you sure someone could ascend if he held enough investiture. I mean the only example that we have is Vin that uses the mist that are slivers of Preservation to become Preservation in M: HoA. So even though the amount of investiture that needs to be held should be insane, I don't think the persone would ascend while trying to destroy a planet.

Well the problem is more that the only way you could have that much Investiture is to hold the majority of a Shards power. You could get an insanely large amount from a bunch of different Shards I guess and you might not ascend but it'd be pretty difficult.

Well the problem is more that the only way you could have that much Investiture is to hold the majority of a Shards power. You could get an insanely large amount from a bunch of different Shards I guess and you might not ascend but it'd be pretty difficult.

Actually, my idea was to fill nicrosil and iron metalminds to access so much investiture.

How you got that much feruchemical charge without involving shards I won't ask.

But allomancy is shard-powered.

This, you're using Preservation to power compounding so it all still comes from a Shard.

• Chaos locked this topic