Hi, i'd like to join the salem thread if possible. I was also wondering if someone's already claimed the Scrapheap powers from the google doc? Wasn't quite sure since it's in the claimed section but there's nothing saying who claimed it and I couldn't see an epic with those powers in the Epics of Oregon thread. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Screwloose said:

Hi, i'd like to join the salem thread if possible. I was also wondering if someone's already claimed the Scrapheap powers from the google doc? Wasn't quite sure since it's in the claimed section but there's nothing saying who claimed it and I couldn't see an epic with those powers in the Epics of Oregon thread. Thanks.

Certainly is, I'm just about to timejump it to morning actually so Arena fights are back on! :D
Scrapyard? He was a minor Epic so I didn't put him in the thread but yeah he was in Portland for a bit then I think he died.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Certainly is, I'm just about to timejump it to morning actually so Arena fights are back on! :D
Scrapyard? He was a minor Epic so I didn't put him in the thread but yeah he was in Portland for a bit then I think he died.

In that case would it be alright to create an epic with similar powers under a different name?

1 minute ago, Screwloose said:

In that case would it be alright to create an epic with similar powers under a different name?

Yeah of course, I'd recommend trying to come up with a slight difference to the powerset (Something added, tweaked or an interesting quirk) but other than that I don't see any problems.

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Yeah of course, I'd recommend trying to come up with a slight difference to the powerset (Something added, tweaked or an interesting quirk) but other than that I don't see any problems.

Thanks. I've got a couple of ideas for complementry powers, i'll write up a bio and post it a bit later.

22 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I don't know where to start reading-- can you give me a summary of what's happened in my hiatus?

phew, I wouldn't know where to start

In Portland, the Chimera/Lightwards fight is in progress. Corpsemaker has sent his troops throughout the city to impose his will, and is leading a convoy on a PR tour. Quote got Upgraded and is now smothering everyone in an oppressive feeling of despair. And Neverthere got tracked down and attacked by Electro and Timeport, but Nighthound and Lucentia fought them off and kidnapped her. She doesn't quite know she's been kidnapped yet.

Just now, Blackhoof said:

phew, I wouldn't know where to start

In Portland, the Chimera/Lightwards fight is in progress. Corpsemaker has sent his troops throughout the city to impose his will, and is leading a convoy on a PR tour. Quote got Upgraded and is now smothering everyone in an oppressive feeling of despair. And Neverthere got tracked down and attacked by Electro and Timeport, but Nighthound and Lucentia fought them off and kidnapped her. She doesn't quite know she's been kidnapped yet.

Huh, I remember that bit. I'll just go and start reading, anyway. 

First post from a PoV other than Buttercup in a LONG time. FeelsGoodMan. 

@Comatose What are "our" plans for Epics in Corvallis whose owners have disappeared? An idea occurred to me that will help move the plot along, assuming I'm correct in my assumptions, but the Epic(s) I'll need have been inactive for a very long time. I'm looking into the plausibility of my idea now.

Just saying: Isn't prime invincibility David's term only? Didn't Tia say something along the lines of, "I like the term, but I haven't heard it before." about the term PI?

Or is it just me?

Where has 18th gone? Just curious. I'm not sure if I could continue the Salem bar scene without him... And I really want to post something.:blink:

I plan to post a WHOOC soon. Just saying. It'll be really long.

Edited by breakingamber

Just now, breakingamber said:

Just saying: Isn't prime invincibility David's term only? Didn't Tia say something along the lines of, "I like the term, but I haven't heard it before." about the term PI?

Or is it just me?

Hrm, good question. Though to be fair, we are in an alternate universe where the term "vanilla" is in use to describe humans. Unfortunately I don't own e-book copies to do a quick search for the answer to this.

Also, it turns out my original idea as mentioned in my previous post likely won't work given how bare bones Gleeman's descriptions of Mannequin's powers are. However my research revealed that Chase does exactly what I was hoping Mannequin could do, so the real question is this; @winter devotion, are you planning on rejoining all threads or only specific ones? Chase is going to get involved in Corvallis soon-ish.

5 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

Or is it just me?

Where has 18th gone? Just curious. I'm not sure if I could continue the Salem bar scene without him... And I really want to post something.:blink:

I plan to post a WHOOC soon. Just saying. It'll be really long.

She did indeed, the common term is 'High Epic' although it's somewhat broader than a PI is. That being said I'd say the term 'invincibility' would be relatively common among non-scholars of Epics.

I'm time skipping Salem for the moment since it's been stuck for quite a while, if anyone needs to add something in they can do it in flashback.

Just now, Voidus said:

She did indeed, the common term is 'High Epic' although it's somewhat broader than a PI is. That being said I'd say the term 'invincibility' would be relatively common among non-scholars of Epics.

I'm time skipping Salem for the moment since it's been stuck for quite a while, if anyone needs to add something in they can do it in flashback.

Completely fine with that.

WHOO!(C) 

6 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

@Blaze1616 does Buttercup plan to visit Argon today? I want to know how long can Argon and Summer's post be, before Queens make him a visit. 

That was the intent. I was actually going to have them approach Argon while he was still walking, but then you posted the whole getting home thing :P 

Well then, I may post Argon meeting Summer post before you have yours or I may not, I don't know if I'll have time to write it soon. Anyway,this would progress the time only a couple of minutes, so your current plan won't have to change :) I'm curious how will Blossom approach the conversation :)

3 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

First post from a PoV other than Buttercup in a LONG time. FeelsGoodMan. 

@Comatose What are "our" plans for Epics in Corvallis whose owners have disappeared? An idea occurred to me that will help move the plot along, assuming I'm correct in my assumptions, but the Epic(s) I'll need have been inactive for a very long time. I'm looking into the plausibility of my idea now.

My next plans were (a) to have Rainmaker and the Queen's meet, (b) check in with Princess GOOD, (c) have another public "speech" type scene where Rainmaker addresses the population, and (d) secrets (let me know if I am missing anything.  

What were your ideas for moving the plot along?  I'm open to pretty much anything :).  

44 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Hey, guys! Since I'm a fairly prominent member of this community and am now involved in multiple plotlines, I think my recent absence merits explanation. The end of the quarter is coming, and I'm swamped. To date, I'm involved in:

1. Defense of my #1 GPA from ambitious peers -- I really want all A's
  2. AP classes
  3. A class at the nearby community college
  4. Ambassadors
  5. Make-a-Wish presidency
  6. Mock Trial captain
  7. Piano
  8. Volunteering at hospital 
  9. Learning to drive
  10. Journalism (I'm a bit of an overachiever in this class; my last article ended up at 10 pages)
  11. Responsibilities at home
  12. Maintenance of a suddenly active social life
  13. Whatever else comes up

So, yeah, there's a lot going on. :P To make absolutely clear, I am not dropping out. I love being involved in this project, and plan to continue writing and joking with all of you for a long time coming. It just might be a little while until my next post, and I thought you folks should know why. :) 

RL always comes first, good luck with all your amazing achievements there. Though I must say I'm disappointed at the lack of chess club presidency too. :P (I joke of course, you're doing an amazing job to balance all of that at this point in the year)

50 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Hey, guys! Since I'm a fairly prominent member of this community and am now involved in multiple plotlines, I think my recent absence merits explanation. The end of the quarter is coming, and I'm swamped. To date, I'm involved in:

1. Defense of my #1 GPA from ambitious peers -- I really want all A's
  2. AP classes
  3. A class at the nearby community college
  4. Ambassadors
  5. Make-a-Wish presidency
  6. Mock Trial captain
  7. Piano
  8. Volunteering at hospital 
  9. Learning to drive
  10. Journalism (I'm a bit of an overachiever in this class; my last article ended up at 10 pages)
  11. Responsibilities at home
  12. Maintenance of a suddenly active social life
  13. Whatever else comes up

So, yeah, there's a lot going on. :P To make absolutely clear, I am not dropping out. I love being involved in this project, and plan to continue writing and joking with all of you for a long time coming. It just might be a little while until my next post, and I thought you folks should know why. :) 

That's a pretty impressive list there. Go and be awesome, you shall always be one of us.;)

Edited by Edgedancer

2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

That's a pretty impressive list there. Go and be awesome, you shall always be one of us.;)

I've got quite a while to go before that happens. :lol:

@Voidus, I personally think you should wait until Crankshift gets set up. He just got here, you know.

Edited by breakingamber