1 minute ago, Comatose said:

I think the explanation Elsa gave (or my head canon version of her explanation) is that Elsa was originally an Epic with Ice powers who was brainwashed by an Epic with Disney-fication (for lack of a better word) powers for the purpose of recreating Frozen.  Then stuff happened and she escaped but now has reality issues?  What do others recall?

That was the explanation her creator decided on, yes. 

Sorry this came late guys, but I came up with that power senario you always ask for. I'm gonna count it as backstory. Any questions?^_^

Spoiler

Athan walked through the city in a daze, surrounded by buildings that were full of oddly shaped holes and dripping liquid metal. Cars were everywhere, and barely recognizable people lay all around him, some cut in half, others crushed or ripped apart. Several had thousands of tiny holes in them and were still bleeding. He was surrounded by a strange coppery mist that tasted of iron, it moved with him and he could feel it as he walked. It stretched about two feet away from him and never stopped for anything. He kept searching to find someone who could tell him which epic had caused this disaster, who had killed his family, who had robbed him of his life. Then he felt someone in the distance, about seventy yards from where he was, someone was alive and moving. Athan started running, maybe this stranger would know who had done this monstrosity, maybe this man would bleed for him.

Athan ran on, wondering where that dark thought had come from, until he realized he was almost behind the man. He slowed and called to him. " Hello?" His voice was scratchy and hoarse, like he'd been gurgling nails for an hour. The man froze and then turned around. Athan knew instantly that the man was an epic, from the knee-length trench coat fringed at the bottom with blood, to the shoulder-length chocolate-brown hair that he wore in a ponytail behind his head, to the accent that he displayed when he smirked and said, " You've got a lot'a nerve show'in up round 'ere mate," the smooth British cockney fit him well, and put shivers in Athan's bones,"Oi thought oi was all to me lonesome, and then you show up 'n ruin I'." He sighed putting up his fists in a boxing-style move, "All roight then let's ave a go." He bobbed waiting for Athan to do something.

When all Athan did was grimace, eyes widening in horror, he froze again, this time looking confused. " What's wif you?" He asked, " You ain't do'n it proper." He put down his fist and walked towards Athan. "What koind'a gent jus' up 'n stands there not attacking or nufin? He asked getting close enough to touch Athan's iron mist.

He cringed back and the man stopped. " All roight," he said folding his arms, a look of annoyance on his face. " what's wif you? You ain't jus gon' Stan' there when I kiw you, is ya? Cause oi gotta lots a kill'n ta do, an' this place ain't got anyone. Oi mean, really! Oi came all the way 'ere for some fun an' Oi get me chance tak'n away boi a little goi loik yoursewf." He tapped his foot and Athan stared at him wondering why this strange man wasn't attacking. Then he, hesitantly, spoke. " I'm not an epic. Why did you call me one?" The man snorted and changed his accent, it was closer to Athan's own now. " I'm not an epic? Seriously? What about that mist you got covr'in ya?" Athan was taken aback, and he started thinking about the mist, and how he sensed the man and the mist, and he grew horrified. " you mean...?" It was a whisper now. The man grinned " Yep!" He was back to the cockney, " An' you killed all a this lot before Oi even got 'ere!"

Athan fell to his knees shaking. " No." It was a whisper, and then louder, " No, no, nonononononononono!" He tilted his head back at the sky and screamed, something in him snapping like an arm bent too far back. " Nooooooooooooo!!!" Anguish flooded him, he was the one who had killed them; Eros, ma'mia, papa, everyone was dead because of him. He felt his mind strain under the agony he felt.

He couldn't bear this, he wanted it, needed it, gone. He felt his powers shiver and flicker as he remembered each death he had caused. His memory of his entire life, flawlessly detailed, each image a clear crisp picture, was forever frozen in his mind. He roared at the epic who had caused him this pain. He felt a stream of powder flow from his palms and surround him, the mist thickening until he was encased.

'No!' He thought as the swirling cloud enveloped him. 'I will live!' The mist slowed and then stopped leaving silence in its wake. He took a hesitant breath, and tried to escape the nightmare that was surrounding him. " ya know wha'," said the man, grinning cruelly, " Maybe oi'd be'er stay. All this bone would be fun to crush beneath moi feet. Ya know, for moi dance practice."

The man hadn't moved. Athan felt his grip on reality slipping, and the world tilted as though at an angle. " You know what?" Athan asked with a chuckle, anger and insanity building inside him like a bomb nearing the final countdown. Powder was still streaming from his hands, forming piles at his sides. " I think I'll give you a show after all!" He stood and, roaring with laughter, made the entire cloud of mist solidify into an iron shield and, separating it into lance-like projectiles, he shot them at the man. The man grinned and reached out a hand, stopping the missiles inches from him. Athan ran forward, liquefying the metal as he went, grinning as well. Some epics couldn't handle liquid metal very easily, some couldn't at all.

As the metal turned watery, the other man started to lose control and the metal grew unsteady in his hands. 'Good to know,' Athan thought to himself as he neared his opponent, 'Now his weak points are showing through, use them!'

Almost without thought, he reacted to a car thrown his way, jumping onto and then over it to land behind the object, on the ground. He wondered how he had reacted so fast, and then realized he was thinking of three things at once, one line of thought focused on all his physical needs, running jumping, reacting, while another planned out what his body needed to do. The final one was just for thinking, and right now he could think only of this mans death or severe injury.

He was on top of the man now and he suddenly stopped, twisting right, turning all his momentum into a backwards kick from his right leg. The man tried to stop it but barely managed to raise his arms in time.

Athan's kick knocked the man backwards, a bone in his right arm somewhere cracking audibly, and Athan didn't stop. As his leg came down his fist came up and left hooked the other mans face. Another snap, his nose this time. He was bleeding now, and dazed. Athan grabbed the mans throat and raised him an inch off the ground.

After a minute, he dropped the man. The man cringed away from Athan. Athan glared at him " Who are you?" The question was quiet but forceful and the man cringed again.

"I call myself impersonation," he whispered, a Californian accent this time, " and I steal the appearance, voice, and powers of whomever I kill. I can copy powers, but I only keep them if I kill them permanently. I-" " Was planning on taking me next, weren't you?" Athan's voice was still quiet, though it was now a monotone. " Why didn't you strike? Why did you wait?"

The man hesitated, then spoke. " I have to see every power the epic has, used, or else I can't take 'em when he dies." "That won't happen with me," Athan said, " I've got some purely mental powers, apparently." The man slumped looking defeated, in fact every thing about him spoke of defeat, his eyes, his posture, even his breathing was submissive. Athan narrowed his eyes, something impersonation had said clicking into place.

"Change back." Impersonation glanced up sharply, stiffening. " What?" He asked in a whisper, fear beginning to show in his eyes." I said," Athan repeated, "Change back. To your original form. Your a shapeshifter, what's your resting form?"

Athan knew of shape-shifters, they weren't common, not overly so, but he had met three of them before, two of them had a resting state, their original form, what they looked like when they weren't shifting their shape. This man had one too, apparently. He stared at the ground for a moment. " Please no." He whispered. Then impersonation looked Athan in the eye. " Please don't make me, I don't want to!" Fear was apparent, it ran in waves down his spine and his eyes didn't show any hint of anything other than fear, and this time, Athan believed it.

"Why!?" It was a harsh question and the other man froze, staring at Athan. His eyes lost focus as though arguing with someone in his head, and then he gave in, crumpling to the ground. Flesh wriggled and skin shrank, clothing warped and morphed. Hair and eye color changed, and countless details realigned until a twelve year old child, blonde haired and pale skinned, lay in front of Athan, weeping.

The boy wore a hoodie, jeans, and a pair of Nikes on his feet. Athan walked over to him and picked him up, letting him weep into his shoulder as he walked away from the ruined city, his mind warped and bent from his rampage. He knew this child's pain, or had at one point, and now He would take care of him.

As Athan walked away from the city he thought about his name. 'Athan is dead,'He thought, 'Long live Ironforge, moulder of lives.' And He made stairs of iron towards the sky, into the distance.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

To whomever gave me an upvote for my Corvallis post, thank you. However my submitting it was an accident, and the post has since been editted quite a bit. I understand if you choose to revoke your upvote, no hard feelings.

The post is now fixed, at least.

16 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I'm sticking with this till the end, regardless of how much it might wind down. My writing has improved too much for me to do anything but honor this project and the people involved.

Plus, you know, you're all awesome to talk and write with. :P 

Insanity shall become immortal.:ph34r:

So seeing how nobody reacted to the question concerning Timeport, would anyone mind if for now I'd just write the fight between him and Lucentia?

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

Insanity shall become immortal.:ph34r:

So seeing how nobody reacted to the question concerning Timeport, would anyone mind if for now I'd just write the fight between him and Lucentia?

Fine with me, he's NPC now isn't he?

Voidus' random Epic of the day:

BubbleBurst
Primary power: Can cause detergents to explode violently, explosion dependent upon size of detergent.
Secondary power: Detergent manipulation, can control the movement of liquid detergents to a small extent, cannot exert force greater than what he would be able to exert with his arms but is capable of fine and large-scale control.
Tertiary power: Surface tension manipulation – can manipulate the surface tension of liquids, allowing him to turn simple bubbles into very solid balls that feel like concrete.

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

@Voidus Behold the face of the most fearsome new Epic.

Also, if the power leaves detergent "shrapnel" couldn't that just be blown up again.

And now he already has a chapter icon! :D
Yep, but not to great effect unless it was collected back together again.

14 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Cottage Grove. 

And no, it's not because I want to see someone interrupt Bohemia Mining Days in vengeance for every summer I had to spend in that infernal museum. :ph34r:

Where he's going to fight against Face Farmer, Groovy Grimm, Mini Mine, and the Cotton Canon?:ph34r:

Out of curiosity, will Question 20 be opening? Or are we just going on with this? :ph34r:

Second...I'll try and get a Dalles post up tomorrow, and maybe something somewhere about some vanilla I pitched a little bit ago :ph34r: The Dalles could use more vanilla's, right?

Disclaimer: I'm only posting here because it's basically the most viewed Role playing message board.

I want to get a gauge on how popular a free form role play in a completely original, global-scale environment would be. I have the base concept of a setting fleshed out, but am in need of aid creating a plot and refining systems of magic, assuming anyone takes intrest. Culture, lore, flora, fauna, and such could be constantly added by players to a (potential) grand atlas. Even of you aren't interested in creating things, let me know if playing in that environment sounds interesting. 

@Aonar Faileas So little question, how does Eternity leaving a vacuum behind work? I mean if he creates a vacuum that would mean the air wouldn't move on virtue of being frozen in time, except if it doesn't move, nothing else could move either, because the air would just form an unmoving shell around them.