Hoid as Adonalsium

jasenerd

I agree there is some sort of connection between Hoid and Adonalsium. We don't know much about the Shattering, but from what I know, it is impossible or nearly so for Adonalsium's Cognitive Shadow (assuming it still/ever did exist) to be Hoid. We're starting to see some weird stuff with Cognitive Shadows on Scadrial, but too soon to call anything.

That's...very interesting.

If Kelsier could hang around in the cognitive realm because of the variety of reasons he is able to, someone(thing?) as powerful as Adonalsium HAS to have had the ability to stick around.

And probably in a much more significant manner then Kel.  (Assuming extraordinarily greater Investiture/presence/power = extraordinarily greater ability to stick around after death/shattering.)

If whatever took out Adonalsium only took out the physical aspect of whatever it was, Hoid being the Cognitive form of Adonalsium makes a certain sort of sense.

"I began life as a thought, a concept, words on a page. That was another thing I stole."  I can see that fitting the Cognitive form of Adonalsium and because of the strength of his physicial form, the Cognitive form (Hoid) can have a massive impact on the Cosmere.

Now, I'm not anywhere near knowledgeable on the WoBs and practicality of this, but based on my knowledge (just the books really,) it seems feasible.

Well, the two things that sprang this to mind is that 

A ) People can willingly give up their power, which can then be shattered without killing them. This is for the Hoid is a Sliver of Adonalsium reasoning.

or,

B )Hoid mentioned that he started as an idea, that he was spiritually blind(almost as if he wasn't /in/ the spiritual to begin with), and has access to several investitures that didn't manifest until after the shattering(Assumption on my part). If he was a very powerful Cognitive Shadow that somehow gained enough investiture to manifest a physical body, they the above would make some degree of sense.

Of course, I haven't read BoM or SH yet, so I might be a little bit of the mark here. That and I only got into the Cosmere in October and haven't quite gotten caught up on all the WoB yet, so I totally accept that I could be entirely wrong.

Edited by jasenerd

Not really, he definitely used to be just a person, saying much would delve into spoilers from the liar of partinel draft. Brandon doesn't encourage people to read it but it's available on his website somewhere I think.

We have Wob about "Hoid at the beginning was a Human but then strange thing happened to him" (paraphrasated).

As I said before the Letters on SA seems to indicate some kind of role of Hoid in the Shattering and much more, if Hoid was Adonalsium's Shadow.. Hoid would be actually Adonalsium without body... it's stupid to someone say to him "Stop man, don't mess with the Adonalsium's plan".

PS: I have no proofs at all but I think Adonalsium left a Cognitive Shadow and this Cognitive Shadow is what we call God Beyond

Edited by Yata

Would bonding Adonalsium's cognitive shadow be considered "a strange thing" happening to him?  

It could explain some of the quotes that don't seem to align quite right and how/why he is gathering different investitures; but probably not the fact that he is not as cosmerically aware as Khriss.

It's an idea that has been tossed around before...but I just don't think that it fits just right.

While hoid in definitely a VERY important figure in the comsere...I don't think that he's and embodiment of adonalsium.

The only way to defeat Kelsier is to rip him apart so his consciousness is more Shattered than Honor's. Or just be Hoid.

Seriously, though. Send him to your Alcatraz (island) mine, he becomes a Mistborn. Kill him, it plays into his hand.

I thought it had something to do with the devotion others/the Skaa had for him and eventually the power he temporarily picked up?

Everyone who experienced the Ascension may stay as Cognitive Shadow... Kelsier forced this proces remaing in the Well for an year.

Also Rashek may became a Shadow, but He choose to go beyond instead of remain in the realms

• Chaos locked this topic