Pick a Side

Quiver

32 members have voted

1. 1. Whose Side Are You On?

This forum, as has been well established, is one of nuance, level headedness and respectful debate.

These things will almost certainly not be the case in the Civil War film.

Still, not reason we can't have fun with the idea while it's still topical! Civil War. Whose side are you on? Why?

Team Cap. I trust in individuals as a group to ultimately make the right decisions for society, as opposed to a government, which I suspect will inevitably use its powers for tyranny somewhere down the line.

Especially the MCU government, which is probably still infested with HYDRA agents top to bottom.

Team Cap. I trust in individuals as a group to ultimately make the right decisions for society, as opposed to a government, which I suspect will inevitably use its powers for tyranny somewhere down the line.

Especially the MCU government, which is probably still infested with HYDRA agents top to bottom.

Just the MCU government? :ph34r: 

obama.jpg

tumblr_nuobbwIqmZ1qz5u32o1_500.jpg

Hydra-Hillary_Clinton__Puti-300x227.gif

397ff56d0576c8416ff136e045d1b22ae84f77ef

On the one hand, Cap has been betrayed, as it were, by the system. Hydra essentially took over SHIELD, leaving Cap with the feeling that the system was corrupt.

On the other hand, who watches the watchers?

Actually, this can be equated with Skybreaker vs. Windrunner. Not as far as powersets go by any means, but ideologically. Iron Man wants to follow the law, while Cap wants to protect his friend, someone who cannot protect himself, as it were.

And don't tell me that Bucky can defend himself. I know he can, but against the might of SHIELD he would probably loose. Cap would as well. But team up, they can dominate.

Team Cap. 

Iron Man wants to make a quick, rash decision to try and get an immediate solution to a problem he's paranoid about.

Oh wait, that's how he makes Ultron... :^)

I just find it funny that out of concern for what can happen when heroes make rash choices, Stark makes a rash choice to support whatever limitations are suggested. Little short-sighted there, and also forgetful. He wants to create an organization to track people with great capabilities and threats when just around a year or two beforehand it was exposed that S.H.I.E.L.D., an organization designed for that very purpose, was infested with corruption and people bent on using that knowledge for mass murder and personal ambition.