Kelsier and Vin. Versus the Thunderclast

Mistborn? or Thunderclasts?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Kelsier and Vin working together
    • Thunderclast

I have been thinking about this for a long time. Death Battles (preferably without death) but with Sanderson creations. Heck maybe we should do stuff like Lord Ruler versus Batman (We know who would win).

So this is how this will work. When you see this thread, pick whoever came to mind first. And then reply to this with reasons to support your decision. Please be as unbiased as possible. Don't pick Kelsier and Vin just because you like them better, or the Thunderclast cos you think it's more badass.

After a couple of days, one everyone has chosen and made their arguments, I will post a short story depicting what happened with a tryhard reason for why Kelsier and Vin are fighting a Thunderclast. 

P.S these battles aren't chronologically part of their respective series, they are like a "What if?" thing.

We know very little about thunderclasts. The only thing we know is their approximate size and that they were beasts of animated stone. We don't know what it takes to kill thunderclast. So we have a lot of guessing to do...

Considering a radiant with a group of squires bearing hammers was expected to be able to take on a thunderclast when it pops up, and that a radiant on stormlight has the rough equivalent of a mistborn on pewter (there are WoB on that), I would say Kelsier and Vin with some hammers would reduce the thunderclast to dust.

Bands of Mourning and Secret History spoilers:

Kelsier's absurd compounding and advanced metallic knowledge would probably blow away a thunderclast.

Guess the important question now is "What power level are Kelsier and Vin at?"

Vin beats everything.She destroyed an entire Shard, dozens of Inquisitors, TLR himself and about ten thousand others. And I would dearly like to see Kelsier using iron and steel with Duralumin.

Don't worry guys

Just keep debating here

I will worry bout the details and try and make the battles more interesting

BTW Kalak was suprised the Thunderclast didn't kill him in the prelude, maybe a hint to their strength.

I reckon thunderclast are like Pekkas. Lots of HP and Hit points but can be swarmed to be destroyed as they are large and cumbersom. But their skeletal form might hint at their agileness.

Edited by A peasant among wolves

I have been thinking about this for a long time. Death Battles (preferably without death) but with Sanderson creations. Heck maybe we should do stuff like Lord Ruler versus Batman (We know who would win).

of course Batman has a hard work. he's got tons of metal on him!

TLR could affect trace metal in non-metallic objects somewhat too, with his strength.

So first he smashes Batman into the wall with his mind, then tap mental and physical speed so you can go downtown to buy some ice cream and stroll back over while eating it, at the speed of sound. Then poke him in the face using every method conceivable (duralumin, nicrosilminds, whatever) to for an absurd pewter flare.

The whole place goes down from the sonic boom afterwards.

TLR may be a bit too OP.

Nah, bat man lines his suit and cowl with aluminum, and finds a way to interfere with the use of investiture. That's usually how he works; a lot of planning and out thinking involved.

translation, because batman lol. He even has a plan for not having a plan, and that plan is.......be batman :rolleyes:

I wonder, would forcing a fullborn to burn aluminum also expend what they have stored in their metal minds? I don't think so, but we do have a possible example of a leecher being able to at least prevent another magic system from working at least temporarily. 

Aluminum would stop them from tapping metalminds while burning aluminum. However, the rules may be different for an aluminum savant. Please Brandon! Have an aluminum gnat savant be a major character in your space Mistborn trilogy!

Aluminium Savant: Ultimate Anti-Alien Investiture Users Prevention Measure. Got a Shardbearer trying to cut you? Burn aluminium. Got a Radiant trying to Lash you? Burn Aluminum. Got a Shade after you? Burn aluminum. Got an Elantrian trying something funny on you? Burn aluminum.

Combine that with some exo-suit Powered Armor future!Scadrians will probably have and you have something a character from Star Wars would comment "I have a bad feeling about this"

P.S. It is mostly ungrounded extrapolation without any proof.

Edited by Oversleep

Aluminum would stop them from tapping metalminds while burning aluminum. However, the rules may be different for an aluminum savant. Please Brandon! Have an aluminum gnat savant be a major character in your space Mistborn trilogy!

There WoB or quotes on that? Not disagreeing, just this is the first time I am hearing of it, so if so, I am learning something new  :)

It's an investiture sink. It blocks it or absorbs it or something, but investiture and aluminum are not friends. You can't Forge it, which means it probably can't be soulcast either. There is WoB, not sure where, that an aluminum savant can remove unwanted investiture. It can block allomancy, and I think we can assume that lashings won't work either. It stops you from using gold healing while in the wound, and likely all other forms of healing as well. Burning it stops the withering. I don't know if there is a specific WoB, but by the rules we know it should stop any active feruchemical activity (but not damage the stores.)

Personally, I am really curious as to the effect burning aluminum would have on Breath. Would it destroy it, or simply suppress all active and passive use? I believe aluminum cannot be awakened, but I'm not sure. I also believe that a Shard blade cannot cut it but, again, not sure.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

It's an investiture sink. It blocks it or absorbs it or something, but investiture and aluminum are not friends. You can't Forge it, which means it probably can't be soulcast either. There is WoB, not sure where, that an aluminum savant can remove unwanted investiture. It can block allomancy, and I think we can assume that lashings won't work either. It stops you from using gold healing while in the wound, and likely all other forms of healing as well. Burning it stops the withering. I don't know if there is a specific WoB, but by the rules we know it should stop any active feruchemical activity (but not damage the stores.)

Personally, I am really curious as to the effect burning aluminum would have on Breath. Would it destroy it, or simply suppress all active and passive use? I believe aluminum cannot be awakened, but I'm not sure. I also believe that a Shard blade cannot cut it but, again, not sure.

The WoB regarding aluminum and healing is only the wound it makes. So if I was Miles for instance, and I got shot with 5 normal bullets and 1 aluminum bullet, the 5 normal would be pushed out and healed, but the 1 aluminum I would have to carve out to then heal. So based on the info regarding instances, it is your theory that burning aluminum for a fullborn would get rid of a stored attribute, not that there was a WoB or an instance in the books that we see that? Again I am not saying your wrong, I just want to clarify if this is something concrete and confirmed, or a theory. 

I wonder, would forcing a fullborn to burn aluminum also expend what they have stored in their metal minds? I don't think so, but we do have a possible example of a leecher being able to at least prevent another magic system from working at least temporarily. 

What!? Where was this!? I'm rereading all of the cosmere novels, because on my first go through I didn't realise they were connected (To my eternal shame, at one point I said, "huh, I seem to see the name Hoid alot. Weird, probably nothing"), and I have yet to stumble across this scene