Honorplate

Farnsworth

When are the Radiants going to get honorplate? Their spren become honorblades, but when are they going to get honorplate? Is it going to be like the Parshendi's warform armor? One of the listener songs says "our minds are closer to their [the spren's] realm ... though we are broth, men are meat". Do the radiants get closer to the spren's realm, and get armor like that? Kind of like how Lyft is close enough to the spren's realm to touch spren? I really don't know.

Shardblades are a seemingly generic term for invested swords of this type (including Nightblood). Honorblades are the specific ten shardblades granted to the Heralds by Honor, capable of turning their wielder into a surgebinder. A specific set of blades, distinct from all others and defined by their origin.

Spren somehow reverse-engineered the process of granting powers with their own forms, which resulted in their blade forms. You can't just become an honorblade any more than a shiba inu raised by a wolf and learning its mannerisms and hunting techniques could become a wolf. They may do similar things, but a dog is a dog.

Besides, presumably half of Radiant-creating spren barely have any relationship with Honor at all.

I see. But the radiant's shardblades are clearly different than most other shardblades. Only radiant blades can activate the urithtiru fabrial, they are made of Nahel bonded spren instead of betrayed spren, etc. Radiants can't use regular shardblades, so I would imagine that they cannot use regular shardplate, either? Where are the new radiants going to get their shardplate? Also, do the heralds have honorplate?

I see. But the radiant's shardblades are clearly different than most other shardblades. Only radiant blades can activate the urithtiru fabrial, they are made of Nahel bonded spren instead of betrayed spren, etc. Radiants can't use regular shardblades, so I would imagine that they cannot use regular shardplate, either? Where are the new radiants going to get their shardplate? Also, do the heralds have honorplate?

I believe the other posts was to try to clarify terms and prevent confusion. Some terms that are coined to help have been dead shardblades and sprenblades. Shardblades that anyone can use, are dead spren locked into blade form, and Radiants can theoretically use them just hear never ending screaming. The theory regarding shardplate is the reason that radiants do not hear it scream is that it may be made of lesser spren (wind spren to honor spren, and creation spren to cryptics). However this is a theory and although a WoB does lend it credence, it is not confirmed. 

Anyone think that shardplate might grow on radiants like shell does on most creatures in Roshar? It feeds on stormlight after all. And a lot of shelled creatures have gem hearts and spren as well. As they progress it might form...long shot?

Yes! Kind of like a Chasemfiend? I'm sure their armor has something to do with the gemstone inside them.

. . . you realize that they could just tie those on, right?

It's not a gemheart unless it's coming out of something's chest. As for why an animal would even have one . . . well there's that theory regarding all the gravity(?)spren we see near large greatshells . . .

Edited by natc

Going back to before the strange interruption...

The parshendi probably tie the gemstones on for a reason though. Why would the gemhearts in the Parshendi relate at all to the gravity spren?

Gravityspren have nothing to do with Parshendi and everything to do with most large animals on this planet.

And yeah, you don't wear gems to look good? Well, I don't, but that's like the most normal use for gems out there.

• Chaos locked this topic