How to get a WoB

Stormgate

I want to compile a complete list of every way known to Sanderfan for getting a WoB. So far I have for certain:

Book signings/release parties

Customized signed books

AMA's on the Shard (any word on when the next one is btw?)

AMA's on Twitter

AMA's on other sites like Goodreads, etc.

I'm sure there are others. I'm just not sure what they are.

The reason I ask is because I have many questions for Sanderson that I personally want to ask him. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, it is very difficult for me to go to a signing, even though I live in Utah.

Outside of signings and buying personalized books, it's never guaranteed that you'll get an answer. When he does AMAs, he'll often not answer every question, even ones submitted during the time slot for the AMA. Plus, when he does pick and choose, he never answers too many juicy ones, if you're planning on asking Cosmere/Realmatic heavy questions. So don't put too much faith into AMAs and online Q&As.

What is a WoB? Actually, could someone explain what all the abbreviations mean? I know WoK and WoR, but I am completely lost on most of the others. Could someone explain of drop a link to a page that already has them?

Edited by Lilamal

What is a WoB? Actually, could someone explain what all the abbreviations mean? I know WoK and WoR, but I am completely lost on most of the others. Could someone explain of drop a link to a page that already has them?

WoB - Word of Brandon

RAFO - Read and Find Out

WoK - Way of Kings

WoR - Words of Radiance

WB - Warbreaker (not often used)

TES - The Emperor's Soul

TFE - The Final Empire (First Mistborn)

WoA - Well of Ascension (Second Mistborn)

HoA - Hero of Ages (Third Mistborn)

AoL - Allow of Law

SoS - Shadows of Self

BoM - Bands of Mourning

TLM - The Lost Metal

SoD - Sixth of the Dusk

SfSitFoH - Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell

BS - Brandon Sanderson

17S - 17th Shard (this website normally, as the organization from the books spells out 17, but some still use it for that)

I can't think of any other common ones off the top of my head.

A few people have gotten answers on Twitter and Reddit outside of AMAs/scheduled chats.

Yes, Brandon is /u/mistborn on reddit. I keep a tab open and reload it daily to see if he commented on anything.

Back to OP: some people occasionally get WoBs from private communications - via email, twitter, reddit PMs, etc....

Outside of signings and buying personalized books, it's never guaranteed that you'll get an answer. When he does AMAs, he'll often not answer every question, even ones submitted during the time slot for the AMA. Plus, when he does pick and choose, he never answers too many juicy ones, if you're planning on asking Cosmere/Realmatic heavy questions. So don't put too much faith into AMAs and online Q&As.

In the AMA, I'd say he tends to mostly answers very generic questions. He doesn't spontaneously answer character related question either unless it's a very low level one.

Even with personalized books, you aren't guaranteed to get an answer or even a good one. He often answers questions by generic statements, very few have actually gotten something juicy through those.

Best way really seems going to signings.