Lounge

king007

Lol.

There are 5 each in the novel, novella and novelette categories. Neal Stephenson has included his entire novel Seven Eyes, the others are excerpts. The novellas (including a Brandon Sanderson) and the Novelettes (including a Steven King) are complete. There seem only to be 4 shorts stories, but one of the nominees may have chosen not to include their nominated piece in the pack.

The other categories are Related Work; Graphic Story (BIIIG Zip file!!!); Professional Editor; Pro Artist; Semiprozine; Fanzine; Fancast; Fan Writer; Fan Artist and John W. Campbell Award.

I have my work cut out here!!

I'm going to read a part of everything, in particular trying to read all the short forms, as that is what I am trying to focus on and improve in my work.

On the plus side, I won't need to worry about line-by-lines!

Yes, I think they are all published, and surely have to be to be eligible. Yes, I vote online in each category as far as I'm aware. All attending members get to vote.

It's $50 for a non-attending membership.

Edited by Robinski

Robinski--I just downloaded my packet yesterday as well!  When I was a member two years before they sent us a packet, so I was waiting for them to send me something.  Turns out I needed to download it, and now I need to read everything!  

At least I've read about half of the Novel and Novella entries already...

I was scanning the thread talking about the update, and there were several people there who also agree with the white. I feel the same, too. I'm hoping they tone it down a little. I already keep my screen at the lowest brightness possible, and it still causes strain as is. Everything else looks sleek and great, though!

I was scanning the thread talking about the update, and there were several people there who also agree with the white. I feel the same, too. I'm hoping they tone it down a little. I already keep my screen at the lowest brightness possible, and it still causes strain as is. Everything else looks sleek and great, though!

On 13/06/2016 at 10:44 PM, krystalynn03 said:

City-boy strikes again--add that to your signature, <R>, just noticed your 'John Cleese look-alike' added in. - Done.

In other news, I am delighted to say I have finished a fairly hard edit of Hold the Bridge, complete with new ending.

I'm going to do a read-through and then another edit, but will submit it again thereafter in the hope of not being savaged again ;op

#trollingRobinski

Edited by Robinski

On 16-6-2016 at 11:12 PM, king007 said:

my pencil is starting to itch for some action, let's just hope I write 1000 words within one month lol

I feel the same way, but the thing is I'm going on a round-the-world trek for the next six months, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write :)