Hellooo, my friends!

persimmon

Hello, everyone!

I've lurked on this site for a while, but finally decided to join on the spur of the moment. Despite the fact that I've written introduction threads many times before for various different forums, I still haven't improved at them ...

... Anyway! I'm Persimmon, it's wonderful to meet you. You can call me Persi, Pers, Simmi, really whatever you want. I adore dogs, love cooking and baking, and I have a slight addiction to hot chocolate. I've done NaNoWriMo three times, and I have won twice! I love to write every kind of thing, ahah.

Also, I obviously love reading. Fantasy is my favorite genre, but I do enjoy a cheesy romance story when I just don't want to think very hard, ahaha. For the longest time, I didn't have a favorite author, because I just loved so many books equally. And then I read Sanderson and immediately knew, "Yup, I love this guy." Now, he's the answer when someone asks me "if you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?"

I started with Elantris, which a friend bought from me. She asked for stuff on my wish list, I gave it to her, and it just so happened that Elantris was on it. I read it, started looking into other stuff this Brandon guy had written, and well, do you ever turn back from that? :P

I've gotten my sister into the Cosmere, too, woohoo! And I met Sanderson at a signing, which was the most amazing afternoon of my life ... or, er, maybe at least that year. Something along those lines, ahaha. 

Today, I just finished my copy of Shadows of Self (I literally forgot the title and had to check the cover, wow) and have read the beginning of Bands of Mourning. Getting new writing from my favorite author is just so refreshing and makes me so happy ... Though, now that I am reminded, I have book club tomorrow and haven't even gotten the book we're supposed to read. Oops.

Well, once again, it's nice to meet all of you! I look forward to getting to know you and everything on this amazing forum~

Hello, everyone!

I've lurked on this site for a while, but finally decided to join on the spur of the moment. Despite the fact that I've written introduction threads many times before for various different forums, I still haven't improved at them ...

... Anyway! I'm Persimmon, it's wonderful to meet you. You can call me Persi, Pers, Simmi, really whatever you want. I adore dogs, love cooking and baking, and I have a slight addiction to hot chocolate. I've done NaNoWriMo three times, and I have won twice! I love to write every kind of thing, ahah.

Also, I obviously love reading. Fantasy is my favorite genre, but I do enjoy a cheesy romance story when I just don't want to think very hard, ahaha. For the longest time, I didn't have a favorite author, because I just loved so many books equally. And then I read Sanderson and immediately knew, "Yup, I love this guy." Now, he's the answer when someone asks me "if you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be?"

I started with Elantris, which a friend bought from me. She asked for stuff on my wish list, I gave it to her, and it just so happened that Elantris was on it. I read it, started looking into other stuff this Brandon guy had written, and well, do you ever turn back from that? :P

I've gotten my sister into the Cosmere, too, woohoo! And I met Sanderson at a signing, which was the most amazing afternoon of my life ... or, er, maybe at least that year. Something along those lines, ahaha. 

Today, I just finished my copy of Shadows of Self (I literally forgot the title and had to check the cover, wow) and have read the beginning of Bands of Mourning. Getting new writing from my favorite author is just so refreshing and makes me so happy ... Though, now that I am reminded, I have book club tomorrow and haven't even gotten the book we're supposed to read. Oops.

Well, once again, it's nice to meet all of you! I look forward to getting to know you and everything on this amazing forum~

Welcome to the forums! Would like like an absolutely non-hemalurgic cookie?

... I've heard mentions of these "cookies" before ...

As a show of trust, I will take it. And hold it awkwardly in my hand. Uh. To eat or not to eat, hm ...

But thank you! ^^ I'm glad to be on this forum, it looks like a ton of fun. Silly me of the past, not joining earlier.

A warm welcome to persimmon, whose name makes me think of a Japanese tongue twister my dad has tried several times to teach me, but which I can never remember. (It's something about "my neighbors are neighbors who eat persimmons"...)

May I extend an invitation to join The Knights Awkward? We have bookies, which are far more delicious (and less dangerous) than the hemalurgic "cookies."

Books are many great and awesome things but delicious is not one of them. :P
Cookies that give you magic powers on the other hand are both awesome and delicious. Not that I'm biased or anything.  :ph34r: 

Anywho, welcome to the forums! hope you enjoy the rest of Bands as much as I did.

Sorry for the late reply, I am the most forgetful person ever ... Ahem.

Thank you for the warm welcomes, again!

Ahaha, the Knights Awkward? I'll definitely have to check it out~

Yeah, I'm really enjoying Bands! Of course it's amazing and I can't put it down and I'm up reading super late and then I regret it and then-- Oh. Um. Well.

:P

I don't know if I like persimmons or not, pfft, I can't remember. I just like the sound of the word! And when I was young, my second username was fruit-based, so I wanted to continue that.