[Mistborn Secret History Spoilers][WoT Spoilers] The Wheel of Time Foreshadowing

shadowwisp

Okay, maybe not exactly Wheel of Time but I didn't want to give spoilers in the title.

Back in 2012, Brandon Sanderson wrote what he thought would happen if Kelsier and Moiraine were to fight each other. I thought this particular part was a good bit of foreshadowing:

“I could shove you off with a weave of Air,” Moiraine said. “Send you tumbling toward the ground.”

“Which is precisely why I dropped a coin,” Kelsier said, throwing another for good measure. “To be honest, though, I’m not particularly interested in fighting you.”

“I don’t believe we were given a choice.”

“We could always stage a revolt,” Kelsier said. “Hunt down the people who did this to us. I have it on good authority that they’re all just a bunch of scribes.”

“No good,” Moiraine said. “I tried to find them through the Portal Stones already. But, if you do not wish to fight, we could always settle this by using plausibility as a measure. As I understand it, you’re actually dead.”

“Spoilers,” Kelsier said.

“We’ll put a warning at the top,” Moiraine replied, settling down on the ledge, sparing not a glance for the plunge. “And don’t change the topic. I believe that I would win, as you’re actually a corpse.”

“You’re dead too,” Kelsier said.

“I got better.”

“You did?” Kelsier said, surprised.

“Book Thirteen.”

“damnation. I got stuck in Book Ten.”

“It’s not as bad as people say,” Moiraine replied. “Mat’s sections are wonderful.”

“Well,” Kelsier said, “I don’t think it matters if you came back. We could just say this is me from the middle of the first Mistborn book. Besides, I think I eventually got better myself.”

“Doesn’t count. You became a disembodied voice that may or may not have actually been speaking into the mind of a young boy who was probably insane.”

“Yes,” Kelsier said, “but my series has a long way to go yet. Who knows what could happen? I’ve heard that some very remarkable things can happen with spikes . . .”

Here is the link for the full story if anyone is interested. I highly recommend it, every word is pure gold :D

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-4-moiraine-damodred-versus-kelsier.html

We got a flipping Purloined Letter deal going on here, hiding things in plain sight by being so casual and flippant!

I also love that Kelsier never made it past book 10 of WoT, much like myself. Seems like great minds, be they fictional or real, think alike :)

Edited by Lying Orlion

We got a flipping Purloined Letter deal going on here, hiding things in plain sight by being so casual and flippant!

I also love that Kelsier never made it past book 10 of WoT, much like myself. Seems like great minds, be they fictional or real, think alike :)

So you never read Brandon's WoT books?  He starts talking about homosexual characters out of nowhere, just like in Bands of Mourning.

So you never read Brandon's WoT books?  He starts talking about homosexual characters out of nowhere, just like in Bands of Mourning.

Out of everything Brandon did for that series THIS is your takeaway?  :o

Sanderson did a wonderful, if imperfect, job of finishing WoT. I, for one, am very happy he accepted that task even if it slowed down his stories.

@OP: WOW! What a great catch! Thanks for the tidbit. Have an upvote!  :D

So you never read Brandon's WoT books? He starts talking about homosexual characters out of nowhere, just like in Bands of Mourning.

Don't forget that MeLaan is totes transgender.

Curse Sanderson and his liberal ways! It's not enough the lefties ruined movies, they have to ruin genre fiction, too! ;):P

Edited by Lying Orlion

• Chaos locked this topic