Yoooooooooooo!

ethangraham95

What's up everybody!

I'm new to this site (obvi :P) and I'm a liiiiitttllleeee bit of a noob when it comes to forums, but I can play ball so to speak. (I'm actually pretty darn bad at sportsball...)

A friend at work introduced me to Mistborn over the summer so i read the first book and I loved it. Then -- having ADHD and not being able to stick with one thing -- I jumped around for a while reading random other books before finally going back to MB for TWoA sometime around thanksgiving.

Well. I've never read so fast before. I BLASTED through it in like 2 days and kept going like a freight train with THoA and TAoL over the holiday season. I'm currently halfway through Shadows of Self and I honestly think Wayne might be the best character I've ever seen in a book, and I never pick a favorite of ANYTHING.

All I know is Mistborn is amazing. Mind blowing. Beautiful words and stories that I literally have trouble putting down. My plan is once I'm done SoS I'm gonna start in on Elantris and Stormlight so I can expand my understanding of the Cosmere into the loftiest realms of thought ;)

Brandon Sanderson, you are a master. For the love of Harmony, never stop writing.

Edited by ethangrahan95

Well. I've never read so fast before. I BLASTED through it in like 2 days and kept going like a freight train with THoA and TAoL over the holiday season. I'm currently halfway through Shadows of Self and I honestly think Wayne might be the best character I've ever seen in a book, and I never pick a favorite of ANYTHING.

All I know is Mistborn is amazing. Mind blowing. Beautiful words and stories that I literally have trouble putting down. My plan is once I'm done SoS I'm gonna start in on Elantris and Stormlight so I can expand my understanding of the Cosmere into the loftiest realms of thought ;)

that, young sharder, is somewhat normal around here. you'll fit in great!!

Would you like to slay some evil today?

and I will leave the cookie notifications to the light.

Cookies will grant you ...something. We'll find out later. Anyways just lay back while we stab you and this seashell with a spike... errr Cookie I mean.

What, will I get the ability to grow a shell around my body or something?

edit: Wait wait wait wait. Which of us is getting stabbed first, the shell or me?

Edited by ethangraham95

We also have a cookie that contains the ability of certain bacteria in the final empire to eat ash to survive if you'd prefer? :P

But...if Harmony fixed the world, wouldn't he have undone the bacteria as well?

edit: Though if I could eat ash to survive, I'd save a butt-ton on groceries....

Edited by ethangraham95

We're a scientific organizations, spikes delivered by gold nanoparticles are common enough in the Alleys.

This is actually terrifying. The victim subject would feel the electric shock of having ionized gold shot at them, but that would be it. Probably far less painful than an actual stabbing spike. Plus it could kill cancer!

Edited by Blaze1616

But...if Harmony fixed the world, wouldn't he have undone the bacteria as well?

edit: Though if I could eat ash to survive, I'd save a butt-ton on groceries....

We had to exhume a few bodies to find any, but it was worth it. We keep pets at our organization and their food bills were just getting astronomical.

This is actually terrifying. The victim subject would feel the electric shock of having ionized gold shot at them, but that would be it. Probably far less painful than an actual stabbing spike. Plus it could kill cancer!

Kill cancer? Huh. Never thought of that, we just stole its replicating abilities and gave them to a chasmfiend.

Kill cancer? Huh. Never thought of that, we just stole its replicating abilities and gave them to a chasmfiend.

Yeah, gold nanoparticles are currently in medical use to cure cancer. Their injections allow for localization, they manage to actually kill cancerous cells, and they do not harm the body. I took a class on nanotech and actually made a gold nanoparticle solution from scratch. I'm also credited as co-author on an academic paper about creating carbon nanowire with gold particles in the wiring to be used as a mesh for cancer treatments.

It's cool stuff.

Awesome you're here!

READ STORMLIGHT.

Would you like a bookie? They book shaped cookies that taste like you favorite characters! For example, a Vin bookie would taste like insecurity and pure badchullery. We have a no spike guarantee! Well, unless you choose a Marsh.

READ STORMLIGHT, SYLPHRENA IS THE BEST.

Awesome you're here!

READ STORMLIGHT.

Would you like a bookie? They book shaped cookies that taste like you favorite characters! For example, a Vin bookie would taste like insecurity and pure badchullery. We have a no spike guarantee! Well, unless you choose a Marsh.

READ STORMLIGHT, SYLPHRENA IS THE BEST.

I think Wyndle>Sylphrena because Voidbringers>Spren.  :D

Edited by ClockWork PoleAxe