Godlike Characters in the Cosmere

KaIadin

After finding that that dastardly Vasher made it into The Stormlight Archive, I wondered if other godlike characters can world hop such as Sazed. Is it likely Brandon Sanderson will make them all come together in some epic battle for the Cosmere?

After finding that that dastardly Vasher made it into The Stormlight Archive, I wondered if other godlike characters can world hop such as Sazed. Is it likely Brandon Sanderson will make them all come together in some epic battle for the Cosmere?

They could in theory, however most that we have seen opted to Invest themselves to a planet, tying a seizable amount of their power to said location and making them less suited for a throwdown with other Shards. Apart from that we don't really know how Shard vs Shard confrontation really goes down.

Edit: By the way, this kind of discussion should go in the Cosmere theory section, this is for talking about the actually site.

Edited by Edgedancer

They could in theory, however most that we have seen opted to Invest themselves to a planet, tying a seizable amount of their power to said location and making them less suited for a throwdown with other Shards. Apart from that we don't really know how Shard vs Shard confrontation really goes down.

Edit: By the way, this kind of discussion should go in the Cosmere theory section, this is for talking about the actually site.

Sorry I'm new 

There's a WoB somewhere that states Sazed can worldhop if he wanted to but there would be ramifications for doing so.

Would the ramifications perhaps be that Scadrial would lose its investiture if Sazed worldhopped?

Sazed have to re-take a large part of his Investiture to un-anchored him from Scadrial.

But Does he need to take also the Scadrian Soul ? And what will be happen to the Metalborn ? They will lose their abilities ? (To me no, but I has not a complete understanding of Cosmere's rules).

If the Metallic Art stop working. Every Kandra will lost sentiences, the Koloss would die and also Marsh and some Hemallurgy-gifted people.

As far you can see, the ramification would be very deep.

Perhaps not destroy, but I'm sure it will drastically weaken.

On a side note, does anyone else want to see Hoid fight on Roshar and user Allomancy and/or Feruchemy? I think the reactions would be hilariously awesome if he slaughters a group of assassins with a coin or pewter enhanced strength or something.

Perhaps not destroy, but I'm sure it will drastically weaken.

On a side note, does anyone else want to see Hoid fight on Roshar and user Allomancy and/or Feruchemy? I think the reactions would be hilariously awesome if he slaughters a group of assassins with a coin or pewter enhanced strength or something.

Hoid avoids killing. I think he will just let they stab him and then heal.

Up to this point he has avoided killing but I think he would of it meant reaching his goal, it may sadden him to do so, but he will do it. Just remember this quote.

"And while I am your friend, please understand that our goals do not completely align. You must not trust yourself with me. If I have to watch this world crumble and burn to get what I need, I will do so. With tears, yes, but I would let it happen."

Maybe I read too much into this, but I don't think so.

Up to this point he has avoided killing but I think he would of it meant reaching his goal, it may sadden him to do so, but he will do it. Just remember this quote.

"And while I am your friend, please understand that our goals do not completely align. You must not trust yourself with me. If I have to watch this world crumble and burn to get what I need, I will do so. With tears, yes, but I would let it happen."

Maybe I read too much into this, but I don't think so.

He would watch the world crumble. As in, he wouldn't save Roshar if it meant even more destruction. That does not mean he would kill some thugs he could sneak, run, teleport or talk his way around.

I'm not just talking about killing random people who try to assassinate him or something, I'm talking lounge if in order to stop Rayse and his armies Hoid needs to join the fight, I think he would if it was the only way to reach his greater goal. It's just my opinion, but I don't think Hoid is above killing if he absolutely has to. Avoiding it, and refusing to do it are very different things.

Since Sazed's original body is still somewhere, couldn't he separate a part of his consciousness and implant it into his body? With link to his Shardmind?

Oh my God. That would be basically creating a Messaiah.

Would that weaken his investiture on the planet if his invested body left Scadrial? That could open the door for another shard to move against him.

"You needn't fear me. I'm terribly ineffective at hurting people. I blame my upbringing."

Hoid is not a fighter, no matter how powerful he is. I imagine him a little as The Doctor.

Then again there is this...

Dear Brandon, If you could have a dinner party with six of the characters that you have written about, which six would you choose and why? Would your answer change if the party was in someone else's house?
Brandon Sanderson

Well, it would be tough—I'd have to decide if I wanted the party to be crazy, interesting, or low risk.

For example, inviting Hoid and Kelsier to the same party could result in murdering. Having Sazed around with someone like Jasnah would lead to some great discussions of philosophy.

In the end, I'd probably pick the core WoT cast, just because they've been my friends for so long. Longer than anyone other than Wit and Dalinar, actually. So Perrin, Rand, Mat, Egwene, Nynaeve, and Thom. Fourth book era.

ngu_ns

Wait—are you implying Hoid and Kelsier would want to murder each other, or that they would team up to murder other people?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid and Kelsier do not get along. At all.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#38

Which implies that Hoid would hurt people, or maybe Kell would be doing the murdering...

"You needn't fear me. I'm terribly ineffective at hurting people. I blame my upbringing."

Hoid is not a fighter, no matter how powerful he is. I imagine him a little as The Doctor.

Then again there is this...

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#38

Which implies that Hoid would hurt people, or maybe Kell would be doing the murdering...

I think it just implies Hoid would inspire killing, probably by antagonizing someone so much they try to kill him. :-P

jW