General Star Wars Raving [Episode VII spoilers free]

Plaeggs

As many of you may have noticed, there is a thread for the upcoming SW VII (so excited, by the way), but how about the books, and all the games and comics? This thread is basically just to allow for sharing of SW awesomeness without being restricted to SW VII. So I'll start:

Who here has ever heard of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? I must say, it is quite possibly the best $5 I have ever spent. It has given me over a hundred hours of enjoyment, and is like a playable novel.

EDIT: For Seonid, this thread is not meant to step on your toes at all, I just wanteveryone to be able to appreciate the full spectrum of Star Wars.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion,
Through Passion I gain Strength,

Through Strength I gain Power,

Through Power I gain Victory,

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

The force shall bring me,

A full Irish Breakfast,

Complete with both

White and Black Pudding.

Edited by Plaeggs

As many of you may have noticed, there is a thread for the upcoming SW VII (so excited, by the way), but how about the books, and all the games and comics? This thread is basically just to allow for sharing of SW awesomeness without being restricted to SW VII. So I'll start:

Who here has ever heard of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? I must say, it is quite possibly the best $5 I have ever spent. It has given me over a hundred hours of enjoyment, and is like a playable novel.

I love the Timothy Zhan books, especially the original Thrawn trilogy. The building suspense in his later books was really cool, but with the discontinued EU I guess I'll never get to see that finish up.

The two KotoR games are fantastic, I've played both easily a dozen times. There are some really amazing mods as well that are definitely worth looking into.

The only Star Wars tv series I've enjoyed was the mini series that came out about eight years ago. It was what Attack of the Clones should have been, it's seriously a beautiful and deep show that explored Anakin Sooooo well.

The Jedi Knight video games are worth mentioning as well, but I've never played battlefront or republican commando so I don't know how good they are.

EDIT: For Seonid, this thread is not meant to step on your toes at all, I just wanteveryone to be able to appreciate the full spectrum of Star Wars.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion,

Through Passion I gain Strength,

Through Strength I gain Power,

Through Power I gain Victory,

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

The force shall bring me,

A full Irish Breakfast,

Complete with both

White and Black Pudding.

Worry, you should not. Stepped on, my toes have not been. Room enough for two Star Wars threads this forum has.

And most awesome, Kotor is. Indeed.

I was a huge EU guy before the flush. I'm not spending a cent on the new bks to have them flushed 20 yrs from now again. I spent $1000's on those books.

I know some who had read new stuff and like it.

I was big on the EU but my general attitude is that it went downhill during LotF (with redeeming aspects like Ben Skywalker's arc--but seriously, they got very lazy and sloppy on Jacen Solo, as well as that Deus Ex Mandalorian) and FotJ became even worse.

KOTOR was awesome. I did wish you could get Light Side and Dark Side points in ways other than being a saint or an utter walking monster though...

I guess that's where we differ. I neither enjoyed the Lost Tribe, nor Ben Skywalker's behaviour to Vestara, nor Abeloth. I liked the premise of a Force-based psychosis, but the rest just lost me. I did, I admit, enjoyed Daala's ascendance and alliance with Boba Fett, even though they're more or less mouthpieces for Karen Traviss's well-known biases, so there was that was well.