Long Game 1: In the Wake of the Koloss

Metacognition

Gambles had hit all time lows before, He had struck out and lost big countless times. He couldn't remember all of the empty purses, broken bottles, soiled clothes, and black-out nights he's had. But he knew deep down he never lost a gamble this big. This was rock bottom for him.

He was laying in a puddle of his own urine, too drunk to stand or form coherent sentences, "Bu-b-but, I thought for s-sure!"

He looked around desperately at the other villagers. He knew they blamed and suspected him now. Why wouldn't they?
He had made the wrong bet.

Edit: Welllll. Pooop.
Sorry 'bout that guys. I thought for sure Beetle was telling the truth.
I mean, there are some slim chances he's not. But he'll have to seek somebody tonight and call them out correctly if he wants to live.

I can totally understand you guys suspecting me now, though.
I want to say that I'm NOT spiked, just a regular villager still who made a bad call. But, obviously if I were you I wouldn't believe me either.

Also, what are the rules of PMs? What can we say/reveal and not reveal?

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Also, what are the rules of PMs? What can we say/reveal and not reveal?

As far as I am aware, you can say whatever the heck you want. Even lie. Or - Lord Ruler forbid - tell the truth! The only difference is that you get to have a private conversation only with the people you choose, instead of rambling on about stuff at the pub or in the town square for everyone to hear.

EDIT: Removed a superfluous comma. Yeah! I'm meticulous like that!

Edited by Aether

Dyring is sitting musing in his bar, as the evening progresses, muttering, barely stopping to glare and give those who wants drinks what they want before beginning to mumble agian. Not really seeming to pay any attention to the inn getting lesser and lesser populated.

"Their all evil. Or fools. Or evil fools. Or just... mean. Or evil, sneaky, mean, murdering sheetsoiling little cretins who should have been slain years ago. One of it.

"Who then. Who´s the worst. that little one. Should be chrushed. Good for him I´m a gentle soul, not out killing on me own. I could, I bet if I.. "

The innkeeper glances at his club, the one he uses to divide troublemakers and towards the door

"no. Better not. let others fight. Nothing good comes from it. I know. Just problems. Tend the inn. Let others fight. Even if they are fools. I sell drinks.

Still. Who more than the cretin. Gamble? Kukri? Maybe Mat. No. Well, maybe. But not most likely. Mail? yeah. He seems likely.

The urchin. Mail. Kukri, and gamble? He would say good odds for those four. But who can play on the odds for something like that? Perhaps that means he is spiked. But the others. Forgot Wilson and Aether. Wilson more likely. But maybe aether.

Beetle dies. Wait. What if. "

Dyring glances around at the thinning crowd. Then continues mumbling to himself.

"I know. I am clearly cleverest. What if they know I´m the smartest? easy to see? Perhaps.. coming after me? No. Who would serve the drinks. Even koloss drink. don´t they? Really, they do right?"

That awkward moment when you fall for some guy's argument just cuz he has a little more evidence, and kill someone else, and the first guy turns out to be innocent. This isn't quite like when I voted for Grayv... I was tryin to save my own skin, then. 

Genuinely sorry, Edgar. Thought for sure it was you. XD Well, actually, I was unsure, at first, but then I rescinded my vote for Beetle (A mistake I don't plan to make twice) and was CERTAIN you were the guy. :P

I kinda wish the Spiked would kill me to take away the guilt. XD

EDIT: Don't kill me. I was being dramatic. :D

Edited by loganmathewjohnson

Wow, so much text to read. Sorry about not participating in a while. I'm super busy for a while- midterms coming up, lots of projects, tests et cetera. So I don't have much time for roleplay, but I'll try to do the voting at least.

Oh damnation, we killed off the Seeker? Well, we're kinda screwed then. But at least we know Beetle is probably spiked.

Can't really say I was surprised. Kurk and I both said they were the Seekers. If you recall, I didn't want to vote for either one of them, as I would've much preferred to go with Kurk's idea. But, given that it was between Beetle and Edgar, and I was more certain that Beetle wasn't Spiked, it was a better shot to go with Edgar. I'm still skeptical that it's wise to plan his murder tomorrow when there's still a good chance he is what he says. Personally ,I think we should probably wait and see who he Seeks tonight (Maill did volunteer himself), and what he finds, before tossing him under the bus.

Its nightphace now so we´re waiting. But Beetle is spiked. I was 99% sure before, its 99.99% now.

As I said before voting while trying to argue that people should vote beetle, Edgar had nothing to gain by claiming to be seeker when he did, while Beetle hade voices racking up on him at the time. The spiked with beetle foremost pulled a stunt hoping to both save one of their own, and take out the village seeker at the same time. They succeded since to many didnt think and instead went with some sort of gut feeling, supported by spiked arguments.

Edited by dyring

I'd like to point out that I didn't just follow a gut feeling. Two people claimed to be seekers. One gave us info that was already well known. The other said, fairly confidently, that I was in fact a regular villager, information that wasn't known.  I said in the post I was taking a gamble, but with the given information I believed Beetle was the real seeker. Regardless of the odds, he guess correctly. He knew I wasn't spiked, obviously. But there was still a chance I could have had a roll.

I never tried to rally people's votes or change public opinion, I just verified Beetle's guess and said why I believed him.

Also, if anybody else looks, you can see my comments leading up to the vote, voicing my concerns and suspicions about being duped, but a vote change at that point would have been even more suspicious, IMO.

I totally understand why you guys would suspect me, though.
I would, too.

I'd like to point out that I didn't just follow a gut feeling. Two people claimed to be seekers. One gave us info that was already well known. The other said, fairly confidently, that I was in fact a regular villager, information that wasn't known.  I said in the post I was taking a gamble, but with the given information I believed Beetle was the real seeker. Regardless of the odds, he guess correctly. He knew I wasn't spiked, obviously. But there was still a chance I could have had a roll.

I never tried to rally people's votes or change public opinion, I just verified Beetle's guess and said why I believed him.

Also, if anybody else looks, you can see my comments leading up to the vote, voicing my concerns and suspicions about being duped, but a vote change at that point would have been even more suspicious, IMO.

I totally understand why you guys would suspect me, though.

I would, too.

Let's kill him, guys! OF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!

Or not. You weren't the only one who found reason to suspect Edgar.

Edited by Aether

I will believe you if you can successfully Seek me. But, not through pm. You will make a big announcement here so everyone can see it. I challenge you to do it.

Also, did anyone else notice that the Soother used their powers in favor of killing Edgar?

Also, did anyone else notice that the Soother used their powers in favor of killing Edgar?

No, Meta just miscounted. There are 5 names voting for Beetle, he just wrote (4).

Or is that how the Soother's power shows up? I thought the name would just disappear.

Could we get a rule clarification please, Meta?

Mail is also a suspected individual thou, if ot among the highest. So it woul not clear beetle.

Tbh. Beetle IS spiked. There really isnt any doubt at this point.

Soother was tricked too then. Pity. Would have needed a more clearsighted soother.

Edited by dyring

You're right it wouldn't completely clear Beetle, but it would give me more reason to trust him. If he can't succeed, I plan to do whatever I can to get people to vote for him tomorrow.

Edit:That's a good point, Gamma.

Edited by Mailliw73

Okay, Mailliw. I've told Metacognition that you are the one whom I am seeking tonight. Prepare yourself for frantically joining my side.

And dyring: Other than save my own skin, what have I done to make me almost certainly a Spiked, when the only certain thing is how I am our last Seeker?

Edited by bartbug

To be honest, though, Seeking you is a tremendous waste of time. If no one is Lurching me, then the Spiked will almost certainly kill me tonight, and even then, they will certainly keep at attempts the more I proove some innocent and condemn others. How about this: People vote for who I should seek. Then, I will follow the majority.