Now I'm kind of glad I missed six pages of content. :wacko:

Anyways, I only have a couple things to say:

If anyone here's interested in languages and alphabets, take a look over here. I have Counterfactual Roman memorized, and am working on Reformed Gothic. In addition to learning these, I'm considering learning Tengwar and Greek and maybe some others.

EDIT: Somewhat related, the poems I'm going to memorize soon are all Tolkien (A Elbereth Gilthoniel, the one about Aragorn, and The Road Goes Ever On and On). Once I do, I'll probably try to write them all pretty-like in the scripts I mentioned. 

And second,

Edited by Slowswift

It's the sort of book that's easy to put down and never take back up again. I'm doing the same thing with the Book of Lost Tales right now, which is even worse. But it's worth it in the end. Once you get past Turin, you're good, basically. (I hated that chapter.)

There used to be this really great video series that kind of summarized the Silmarillion, called the Silmarillion for Noobs. But apparently the account died or something, because there's only two copies of videos left. Here's the first part, though, about Aragorn's ancestors. It's really great.

I will do yours as soon as I pick one for Venture, who is turning out to be surprisingly difficult.

This is the best analogy.

If jump up and down saying me next! Me next!, but for some odd reason I don't feel like being obnoxious right now.

Now I'm kind of glad I missed six pages of content. :wacko:

Anyways, I only have a couple things to say:

If anyone here's interested in languages and alphabets, take a look over here. I have Counterfactual Roman memorized, and am working on Reformed Gothic. In addition to learning these, I'm considering learning Tengwar and Greek and maybe some others.

EDIT: Somewhat related, the poems I'm going to memorize soon are all Tolkien (A Elbereth Gilthoniel, the one about Aragorn, and The Road Goes Ever On and On). Once I do, I'll probably try to write them all pretty-like in the scripts I mentioned.

And second,

Oh, cool! If you want a really good resource for Tengwar (beyond just the usual this), you might try this pdf, and just go to the English mode section. It's quite good. I like Tengwar because of the system of putting vowels on top and such, so "limelleth" (my old username) is 4 characters long. It's very cool. Edited by Ookla the Star-Goddess

Also, I fully support your poem-learning. Which verson of A Elbereth are you learning? (There's three.) Also, which one about Aragorn? I don't remember any about Aragorn, unless you mean the Where now are the Dunedain, Elessar, Elessar? one. And you mean The Road Goes Ever On and On from the Hobbit, right? Not the variations in LotR?

Thos would be really pretty in scripts, too. And definitely do it in Tengwar, if you learn Tengwar!

If jump up and down saying me next! Me next!, but for some odd reason I don't feel like being obnoxious right now.

I'll get to you after Edgedancer, then! This is actually really fun, and this way I can renew all of my old Silmarillion knowledge that I haven't used in a while.

Also, I fully support your poem-learning. Which verson of A Elbereth are you learning? (There's three.) Also, which one about Aragorn? I don't remember any about Aragorn, unless you mean the Where now are the Dunedain, Elessar, Elessar? one. And you mean The Road Goes Ever On and On from the Hobbit, right? Not the variations in LotR?

Thos would be really pretty in scripts, too. And definitely do it in Tengwar, if you learn Tengwar!

I'll get to you after Edgedancer, then! This is actually really fun, and this way I can renew all of my old Silmarillion knowledge that I haven't used in a while.

The one in Fellowship, that Frodo hears at Rivendell. And I'm pretty sure it's about Aragorn. It's the Not All Who Wander Are Lost one. And yes, the one from the Hobbit. :) 

You know, if we start applying this to history...

The one in Fellowship, that Frodo hears at Rivendell. And I'm pretty sure it's about Aragorn. It's the Not All Who Wander Are Lost one. And yes, the one from the Hobbit. :) 

Oh. Duh. I forgot about that one. That's a good one. I think I actually just memorized it by osmosis. I didn't really intend to, I just read it enough times.

Gah! What is that empty room one!? Tell me, so I can get away with finding out all the threads leading through the season in it, and find out as little as possible about that!

Or was that third one part of the joke too? :huh:

And I read through all that philosophy without falling asleep! Aren't you guys proud of me?!  :D

If only I knew how to post the I LIKE TRAINS! song from youtube...

But because I don't, I advise everyone to listen to that song and the series of videos it came from, the ASDF movies.

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK