Songs for The Cosmere

For some reason I associate this theme with Mistborn. (I don't even play Skyrim).

There are several climactic moments (Vin drawing in the mists, Kalading saying the second oath,etc.)  where I just think "Insert-Awesome-Cosmere-Theme-Here". I don't know what this theme sounds like. but I know it has really load drums and soaring french horns.

Eh. Dragonborn, Mistborn.

Close enough.

(and yes that music is very epic. Thoroughly enjoyable to whoop on dragons to that tune)

New world symphony 4th movement, somewhere. Probably the final battle in Hero of Ages or some as yet unwritten battle in SA.

Ravel's Bolero for any Szeth assassination.

Climactic moments should be accompanied by the cannons in the 1812 overture. All climactic moments should have this music enclosed with the book.

• 1 month later...

Finnaly sat down and read Warbreaker and Elantris. So here are some new songs to add to the list.

-- Has anyone found any good  'Alloy of  Law' music? If you find a song refering to Kandra AND Alloy of Law then  you get extra points. ;)

Warbreaker

demons -- imagine dragons

The light in me --Brandon Heath (This was the first song I decided matched the book, It's funny, but I was only like, five chapters in at the time)

Goodbye – secondhand serenade

You Decide -- Fireflight 

Elantris

Mercy in Darkness -- Two Steps from Hell

Somewhere out there – Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram

In your sight – Kerrie Roberts

First time – life house (I think this is my favorite from the list, fits Roaden and Serene fer well.)

let my people go -- From The prince of egypt movie  (LOL Harathern LOL)

he is not one of us (Also for Harathen)

Nobody lives without love - From Batman Forever

Nightmare – Secondhand serenade serenade (Probabbly by other favroite for Elantris. It even mentiones letters like Raoden and Serene were sending back and forth)

• 1 month later...

Mistborn Kelsier vs Lord Ruler- Re-Education by Rise Against

Mistborn- Satellite by Rise Against

The Way of Kings Kaladin's theme- Help Is On The Way by Rise Against

Kaladin in Words of Radiance helping Elhokar before the books climax (when he gets a visit from Syl again)- Alive and Well by Rise Against.

I listen to them a lot but those songs really fit these books well for some funny reason.

Mistborn Kelsier vs Lord Ruler- Re-Education by Rise Against

Mistborn- Satellite by Rise Against

The Way of Kings Kaladin's theme- Help Is On The Way by Rise Against

Kaladin in Words of Radiance helping Elhokar before the books climax (when he gets a visit from Syl again)- Alive and Well by Rise Against.

I listen to them a lot but those songs really fit these books well for some funny reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've found that for Stormlight Archive, I've binged the Legend of Korra soundtrack from Season One. Since Roshar is such an alien planet, I feel that the Erhu that the soundtrack utilizes makes it seem foreign and familiar at the same time.

I've always listened to

during the amazing climax of Words of Radiance.

fits the Shallan flashbacks perfectly.

When Szeth shows up for the first assassination attempt against Elhokar, I always listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL1kzvvmMsk'>this.

Edited by Chrono

I've found that for Stormlight Archive, I've binged the Legend of Korra soundtrack from Season One. Since Roshar is such an alien planet, I feel that the Erhu that the soundtrack utilizes makes it seem foreign and familiar at the same time.

I've always listened to

during the amazing climax of Words of Radiance.

fits the Shallan flashbacks perfectly.

When Szeth shows up for the first assassination attempt against Elhokar, I always listen to this.

What's the third one?

• 2 years later...

Hoid: More Than a Feeling I think the overall nostalgia of the song fits with Hoid's personality. (Also, it;s just a great song.)

Szeth: DAFT PUNK!!! Brandon has said that he listens to Daft Punk to get into the feel of Szeth's actions and temperament.

Kelsier: Seven Nation Army This is sort of self explanatory.

Marsh: Hurt by Johnny Cash This fits Marsh so well, especially in later books. (Ignore Patrick Stewart's voice at the end. Replace "Logan" with "Marsh")

Lightsong: Mr. Blue Sky by ELO THIS FITS SO WELL WITH HIS SCENES!!!! :lol:

Bridge Four: Be A Man (Mulan) ;)

(Note: @Mestiv #notnecroing)

• 2 months later...

Fort Minor - High Road

Dalinar -

Fort Minor - Believe Me

Dainar & Sadeas - Although their break was more of I am going to take you down.

Frenship - Capsize

Kaladin & Tien - Just switch up a little bit of the words and the song fits almost perfectly. Instead of the love song it is, switch it up to more of a brotherly love song and of course Kaladin always getting capsized with him having to start over.

Jack Savoretti - Soldiers Eyes

Kaladin - Fits well but not at any one specific time of his military career in WOK and WOR.

Edited by Syghts

How great is this thread!

The most surprising thing to me is that all y'all's musical selections are songs with lyrics ... for me, I imagine something more like movie soundtracks and/or orchestral music.

Does anyone have suggestions for music thatreminds them of the Parshendi? Maybe something with a lot of percussion?

4 minutes ago, old aggie said:

How great is this thread!

The most surprising thing to me is that all y'all's musical selections are songs with lyrics ... for me, I imagine something more like movie soundtracks and/or orchestral music.

Does anyone have suggestions for music thatreminds them of the Parshendi? Maybe something with a lot of percussion?

Hm, for the Parshendi? All I can really think of is Enya and the Pure Moods 2 soundtrack, like Montezuma, but I feel like those won't cover the more aggressive nature.

• 4 weeks later...