What Kind of Misting Would You Choose to Be?

nicocoberru

Exactly what the title states. If, let's just say, you are given the ability to choose what kind of misting you would be, what would you choose? And why?

I'd love to be a Mistborn, but that would be cheating. So, I guess, I'd love to be a Leecher. Strip all my enemy of their Allomantic Powers and then it's all down to skills. Of course, that just means that I would need to practice fighting, but I'd take it. Actually, that raises a question. Wonder how well Allomancers would hold out on a fight without any of their metals.

My second choice would be a Nicroburst.

Edit:Why isn't the poll appearing?? HELP

Edited by nicocoberru

I'd have to say coinshot. I just love the prospect of being able to fly through the air with barely a thought. It's what I've based my life off of. I am going to fly fighters in the military eventually, but for now I have to live with Cessna's and Mooney's. Anyways, if I had to choose, then I'd absolutely choose one of the most overpowered mistings out there. Although in reality, I have a feeling that with my luck, I'd stumble over my words so much that you would hear "gnart plezz" and think I said gnat please.

Shameless self-promotion time!!!

Take a misting quiz and find out what kind of misting you would be based on your personality!!

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/45905-project-1-misting-quiz/

yay!

Ya but imagine how expensive it would be starting out. I mean honestly, it costs a fortune just to get 5 minutes worth. Yes you could use yours to get more, but you would have to plan your raids on people you know absolutely have more than you use to get it. All that planning isn't worth it to me.

I'm torn between a Rioter or a Slider.

Speed-bubbles could have a ton of benefit to them. Especially with my tendency to procrastinate. 

But Rioting emotions seems like would have the largest benefit to my life. I don't think I'd like to type of person I would become if I could control other people's emotions.

Edited by Stormcrown

Lurcher. Opening doors, picking things up, walking around with marginally less effort because I'm tugging on the metal around me. On a daily basis I am met with situations that leave me thinking Allomantic Iron would have made this better.

That's not even considering Ironsight, or the limited flight (if I were more interested in flight I would have been more tempted by Steel, but as I am not, I prefer being able to pull things towards me).

The thing about being a Lurcher is that you kind of build your life around it. You put metal in the spines of your books so you can pull them off the shelf. You design the doors of your house to swing both ways so no matter what direction you approach them from you can pull them open, and then pull them closed on the way through. Your dwelling's walls and roof have a sturdy Iron frame so you can levitate around your house. Being a Lurcher is the definition of controlling your environment to make life cooler. It takes a bit more set up than Steel, but you can do more with it.

EDIT: If you wanted to be slightly more diabolical, you could have hidden levers in the walls to activate traps. I also had some ideas for Lurcher steering wheels for cars, and suchlike.

Edited by Kadrok

Allomantic pewter  also helps with "health"  concerns and toughness not just speed dexterity and strength.  So if  you like sports you'd be one of the best in the world with a bit of practice, if your into call of duty your dexterity and reflexes would give you a huge advantage. 

Coinshot is a close second but I'm imagining this power irl, if you go to the mistborn world and had to pick a power, maybe coinshot is better.  

Slider and Nicroburst (maybe make a lot of allomancer friends) are up there too in usefulness. 

Being a pulser could be pretty sweet, if inconvenient. You can travel into the future. Easily live for hundreds of years if you don't mind skipping a lot of stuff, and have the metal. Or just skip a few minutes/hours if you don't feel like waiting for something for whatever reason. The uses might be limited, but traveling through time appeals to me.

A thug, the physiological/health benefits alone, feel great whenever you want to, don't have to worry about being laid up from minor injuries. Enhanced strength and agility are a big bonus.

A coinshot, because who doesn't want to fly?

There's awesome stuff for a bunch of them, but those are the main ones to me.

Edited by rabidhexley

• Chaos locked this topic