Project #1: Misting quiz

Kynedath

On 10/2/2015 at 8:38 AM, Kynedath said:

I'm new to forums so bear with me here.

Since this is my first forum EVER, I decided to make myself semi-known. To do so, I have made a personality quiz that determines what kind of Misting you are. I would appreciate some feedback and advice. Let me know if this is any good.

http://goo.gl/Wni9WO

Let me know what you get.

Thanks guys!!

It said that I would be a nicroburst.

Mistings able to burn Nicrosil. This allows them to enhance usage of target allomancer. Must be touching target. Uses include enhanced pushes/pulls for fellow coinshots/lurchers, sensory overload for enemy tineyes and using up enemies reserves of metal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pewterarm. My personal favorite misting, coinshot is also good but pewter is cheap and just handy.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:18 PM, ..... said:

PS: some one should make a ferring and twinborn quiz.

If I was a twinborn I'd want A-pewter and F-steel

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 2:23 AM, Lego Mistborn said:

I made my own quiz that gives you either ferring or misting. I can link the python script, but I'm not sure that's allowed here

Any other way we could get access to it? Would be fun to try!

2 hours ago, Lenny Lino said:

Any other way we could get access to it? Would be fun to try!

Unfortunately, the only link to it I have has personally identifying information. If anyone knows of another way to get it out, ping me.

19 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Unfortunately, the only link to it I have has personally identifying information. If anyone knows of another way to get it out, ping me.

Probably the easiest is to use a Link Shortener (like TinyURL). There are a number of service reviews ("Best Link Shortener") that show/compare: free vs account vs paid; effectiveness; longevity (how long your shortened link will function); optional services (such as turning the shortened link into a QR code); etc. 

PS: From a cyber security perspective, I would be wary of any free service that does not at least use an Account - otherwise you are possibly just giving a PII laden link as input to something that may be collecting information in that exact method. If it does not have independant reviews, reputable behaviour, and terms of service (outlining how any information may be used) then be careful.

Also - always remember the Golden Cyber Rule:

Given any app, website, or service - if you cannot determine
the source of revenue at a glance, then it is likely
the source of revenue is selling your information.

A good example of that is most coupon apps - which either make commission on sales through their app, aggregate customer data and puchase prefernces to sell - but usually do both. Another example is "free" games (facebook or "free apps") which use a combination of Ads, Microtransactions, and selling aggregated playing data to make money from customers without charging the customer directly (except MTs).

This may not be explicit in the ToS - phrases like "Share information with affiliates" is legalese for "sell your data"

Edited by Treamayne
Clarity/SPAG

18 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Probably the easiest is to use a Link Shortener (like TinyURL). There are a number of service reviews ("Best Link Shortener") that show/compare: free vs account vs paid; effectiveness; longevity (how long your shortened link will function); optional services (such as turning the shortened link into a QR code); etc. 

Problem is the actual site has PII, I'm not concerned about the link.

The real question is where I can post a full script or not.

6 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Problem is the actual site has PII, I'm not concerned about the link.

The real question is where I can post a full script or not.

GitHub (WIkiFree and paid accounts, About the site) is usually the most reputable for amature coders to get testing, feedback, etc. Not sure on their account requirements since I don't have an account, but there are a number of ShareWare things I use that are hosted there because it includes things like anti-virus, version updates and history, etc. 

There are a lot of review articles for this as well, including GitHub specific reviews from Forbes, PCMag, TechRadar, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeker here! I see myself as more of an augur, but this feels pretty accurate as well. I think what really made the difference on the quiz was selecting 'reading' over 'contemplating the intricacies of life'.