Allomantic Concerts

Slowswift

So, a few weeks ago, I was at a performance of the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra (which was fantastic), a local music group. I was sitting not quite in the back row, but still far enough back that I had a good view of the auditorium.

I remembered that scene from the Hero of Ages (of all the things to be thinking about during a concert :P) when Vin and Elend exit the ball by Allomantically flinging themselves the length of the ballroom.

It got me thinking: I wondered if, during concerts on Scadrial, the maestro ever Steeljumped onto the stage from the back of the room, or if less scrupulous composers had Soothers and Rioters planted in the audience. Maybe some musicians are Archivists and store their sheet music in their copperminds, or Sparkers who use their stored mental speed to be able to play more complicated music. 

In any case, aside from concerts, what parts of everyday life might Allomancy influenced? There were several hints in the broadsheets from Alloy of Law about Metalborn jobs. But I'm curious to see what else there might be.

I definitely think more complicated instruments could exist for Lurchers and Coinshots, without the need for external controls to exist.

On that note, completely random aside, Lurchers and Coinshots might be good with computer systems, due to the metal inside. I don't know.

I always thought that there could be a sport that required certain mistings and ferrings on each team to play. Maybe a modified version of football.

Brandon once said in a WoB, that there would be allomantic sports at some point. But that they would probably have to wait until the third trilogy.

I've been thinking that tineyes would have greater taste for food and music and visuals and basically everything. In particular, since they would be capable of noticing details that most people would miss, I think they'd appreciate different stuff, or appreciate stuff in a different way. There would probably be a market for those things dedicated specifically to the tineyes.

• Chaos locked this topic