Parshendi voluntarily became Parshmen

The Count

Quick and Easy... Theory hats on everyone...

Before the last desolation, there were no parshmen, only parshendi who were a nation (the fifth Vorin kingdom??). Maybe parshmen were like criminals in the society... or something.

Anyway, they fought for the lightside in the Desolations, but were easier to corrupt due to their spren symbiosis and many of them turned darkide / were taken over by corrupted spren.

Following the last Desolation, the remaining Parshendi voluntarily became slaves / gave up their spren and became parshmen. Maybe as a punishment for them aiding the enemy, maybe to protect the survivors in the future. They became parshmen and the Parshendi nations was forgotten over the next 4500 years.

The end.

Edited by MadRand

Maybe... but the vast majority of the Parsh people are still Parshendi. Maybe only some did that.

No sure about this,

To hear Jasnah and Shallan talk about it, parshmen are everywhere in the modern world. I got the implication was that there were possibly millions of them.

Wheras the only known Parshendi are on the Shattered plans, a fairly small part of the continent (smaller than a single princedom of Alethkar).

I am sure Parshmen outnumber Parshendi by a considerable margin.

Also consider the following:

1. The Parshendi were only discovered 7 years ago. A whole race unkown to the world?

2. The Parshendi have lost almost all of their culture (from what Eshonai claims).

Sounds like a very very limited population over the last several millenia.

It still bothers me that there are so many of both types around, and it seems like nobody remembers where they came from. Don't you think it would have been important enough that they were fighting against Parsh-people? Or even fighting with Parshendi against Parshendi? Like, humans weren't wiped out, but this is one thing that is just completely lost.

That is not to put down your theory, I like where your head is at, I just can't fit any of these solutions together because there is such a HUGE piece missing. Why are the Parshmen so forgotten?

That is not to put down your theory, I like where your head is at, I just can't fit any of these solutions together because there is such a HUGE piece missing. Why are the Parshmen so forgotten?

Because no one wants to think of there slaves as people, by admitting that they admit they have history and culture. The only people who might know exactly what your talking about are people who breed them like we do dogs.

The other mitigating factor is even the Parshendi think Parshmen are dull witted. It is called the dull form for a reason. They may look humanoid but they really don't behave in the typical human fashion. That's an easy justification for ignoring an entire race... fact is humans are well known for ignoring things with far less reason than this. Also take into account that the Parshmen came from after the last more recent desolation and likely resulted in a loss of a lot of knowledge and probably resulted in modern day women readers and men glyphers.That alone probably stunted documentation of the origins of parshmen significantly if not completely erase it.

The other mitigating factor is even the Parshendi think Parshmen are dull witted. It is called the dull form for a reason.

Actually Parshendi do not call Parshmen "Dull Form."  They call Parshmen "Slave form" (which they acknowledge as a misnomer since technically they have no form).  Dull form is a Parshendi form that is not commonly used anymore, but is not used in reference to Parshmen.

• Chaos locked this topic