Hoid (probably) has Gold Feruchemy

Kurkistan

We still don't know that Soulstamps could give new forms of Investiture, particularly since Brandon has recently revealed that Feruchemical gold couldn't heal allomancy that's been Hemalurgically stolen.

Actually he clarified on that: Feruchemical gold actually can do that.

We still don't know that Soulstamps could give new forms of Investiture, particularly since Brandon has recently revealed that Feruchemical gold couldn't heal allomancy that's been Hemalurgically stolen.

The situations aren't really equivalent. Acquiring different forms of Investiture through Soulstamping is nothing like losing ones powers through Hemalurgy. Hemalurgy is all about loss and decay, so it makes sense that Feruchemy, the power of Balance and thus, stasis, couldn't repair it. However, Soulstamping is reforging oneself completely, albeit temporarily. It has nothing to do with actual loss or gain. 

The situations aren't really equivalent. Acquiring different forms of Investiture through Soulstamping is nothing like losing ones powers through Hemalurgy. Hemalurgy is all about loss and decay, so it makes sense that Feruchemy, the power of Balance and thus, stasis, couldn't repair it. However, Soulstamping is reforging oneself completely, albeit temporarily. It has nothing to do with actual loss or gain. 

It's not about the nature of the power, it's about the fact that Feruchemical gold works through cognitive identities, similar to how Soulstamping works, that said as Kurk pointed out above Brandon actually changed his answer to say it plausibly could heal it so I retract my comment. :P

Hm, guess you do. Well that's obnoxious.

Here's a copy of it.

Kurkistan:
Could Miles heal back his Allomancy if it was spiked out of him?

Brandon Sanderson:
No, he could not. He would no longer be an Allomancer. Also, he'd probably be dead. :)

Kurkistan:
Thanks!

I'd thought maybe he could just do some super-tapping from his existing Health in his goldminds (since he'd still have his Feruchemy)... 

Brandon Sanderson:
Oh, I see what you're asking. Using Feruchemy to heal the removed portion of soul. That's actually plausible, not so different from healing other kinds of soul-wounds. If he survived, then yes, this actually might work. (That's why I get for reading the questions so quickly.)

Kurkistan:
Thank you! :D

*Now to create a society of infinite Compounding Feruchemists/Allomancers/Hemalurgists in the Mistborn Adventure Game...*

Sorry for the trouble.  :unsure:

My guess is that he probably has a way of making even Elantrian-style magic work.  Or, if not that, he has access to magics which can duplicate most things Selian-magics can do.

Selish powers seem to be limited by location, so I would highly doubt that Hoid would be able to use them. If he was able to collect a little bit of local Investiture, then... Who knows?

• Chaos locked this topic