Spheres usefulness for soulcasting

Shardbearer

Amaran has something to say when he drafted Tien. 

Farming is an honorable calling, but the ability to Soulcast food makes fighting on the Plains paramount.

Fighting is also important to the Almighty to take back the Tranquiline Halls. Speaking of which, where does Vorinism teach the Almighty hanns out any way ?

Seriously though, why can't they Soulcast bacon?? :D

I do agree with you that Highprinces likely levy taxes in their territories, though, so he would have had a new source of income. He just wouldn't have needed it to be able to pay off the debts he'd already accrued by the time he died

It is difficult to say how the highprincedom system works.  We know very little about the routine workings and dynamics of the system in Alethkar and we know virtually nothing about the system in Jah Keved except that apparent one can attain/obtain a highprincedom.  I guess in my mind I consider that it may be somewhat like the great houses in Mistborn where you become a great house because you have achieved a certain level of wealth (and power).  They don't gain anything by becoming a great house except status and influence.  Obviously in Alethkar and, expectedly, in Jah Keved there appears to be some governmental rights associated with it.  But we don't have much to go on.

That stormlight powers/fuels soulcasting, I think is clear.  What isn't clear is does the gem need to be attached to the soulcaster fabriel for fabriel soulcasting.

Even in Alethekar Highprinces don't have any particular governmental rights. In times past they did, but until recently Alethekar want even a nation; Gavilar united them into a nation and now Elohkar has only recently reinstituded the idea of Highprince of Inquisition/War etc...

uh i think youre very wrong here.

the highprinces have their own lands - gavilar united the high princes(lands) to a kingdom.

you think the highprinces were ready to give up their lands for gavilars kingdom?

they most likely have most of the govermental rights over their lands, maybe the "new" king has some power to guide them.

i dont think they even have to stay at the shattered planes, except they would look weak then, and would loose the chance to claim gem-hearts. One of the main reason they are there at all is, status and fun.

sorry this has little todo with spheres.

the size of gems is importand for soulcasting. i guess the larger the gem is, it can hold more power.

when you draw most or all of the power of a gem, it can shatter,

the question would be if you can draw power from more then one gem for one soulcasting job.

if you cant draw from more then one, it would mean that spheres are useless for soulcasting,

because they lack the power todo the job.

im not sure if they can even shatter to dust then..

• Chaos locked this topic