I have no idea who I'm going to vote for this cycle. For now I'll go with Vauhsoj. He's only voted once (that has counted at least), and that turned out to be the deciding vote that got Smart lynched, and saved Lopen and Phattemer from being randomly rolled for the lynch. The rest of the time, he has been skirting through.

I also poked Adamir and nearly got him lynched. It's hard when I am never awake for the turnover, so I can't change my vote if more helpful information comes up.

I've been skirting since I am uncertain what to look for, to discover the rebels. Some of the posts you all have made have been helpful, but I'm still confused. Any advice on how to be a better player is greatly appreciated.

I guess voting does help us find the rebels, though, so I'll vote for Jain, because I don't think he ever voted.

Edit -- vote retracted

Edited by Vauhsoj

Thank you for the explanation, Orlok. At this point, I don't have any huge reasons to keep suspecting you, but I would like to hear your thoughts on the situation at hand. Beyond that, I would like to hear more from The Only Joe, as I seem to remember only hearing from you briefly in the previous cycles. Any thoughts on the game at the moment?

If people can't tell, I really have no suspects at this point, unfortunately. Phattemer might have raised some good points, or he might not have. I'm really not sure. I might add some more roleplay later on, but right now I don't have a target in mind for the lynch.

Edit: Color changes.

Edited by RavenRadient7

So I'm at a bit of a loss right now, and it's getting rather late. I've decided I'm going to just list the other remaining players and my thoughts on them, and let the night shift have a look at things for me.

• Orlok Tsubodai - ??? - Black/Red - Semi-active, but seems helpful when prodded. Perhaps only when prodded? Might be sitting back and watching the game rather than just getting on when he can.
  • Bort - Bortholomew the Blind - White/Grey - Nothing damning from him, far as I can tell, but I'd like an explanation from him as to why he voted for Lightsworn Panda in the previous Cycle, but shortly after reminded phattemer that the player was absent afterwards.
  • Adamir - Shar, God of Sacrifice - Red/Gold - Said he'd give up his Breath due to inactivity, but failed to do so. Have to see what he does this Cycle with it. If not, perhaps lynch him? Maybe only if we have no better options.
  • Alvron - Brightwater the Keen - Deep Green/Silver - Not very active, but packs a bit in with his posts. I've poked him to see what he says. He also seems to be paying less attention to the happenings of the game, which I suppose is possibly attributable to his busy schedule.
  • Ser Jerric - Jadebuffer the Eerie - Turquoise and Orange - One I might be inclined to put in the 'innocence' section. His posts have, as always for him, been well thought out and comprehensive. Could be more active, but most people could in this game. He did vote for a bandwagon and express distaste with doing so though, which is contradictory. If you dislike it, why did you do it?
  • Lightsworn Panda - Jain the Panda - Black/White - Seems to be actually inactive. May be an Eliminator with no time/unable to get to the computer, but if so, is of the lowest priority. By the very nature of an inactive, we have no proof either way.
  • Vauhsoj - Funweaver the Festive - Pink/Yellow - Seems to be a bit stuck on poking inactives. Could be an Eliminator stuck on a tactic, perhaps. He seemed concerned about lynching a player by accident, but I suppose it's a bit excusable if it's only intended to be a poke vote. Might just be a new player unsure of what to do though.
  • RavenRadiant7 - Ri the Mysterious - Black/Silver - I'd put Raven in the innocence pile too, due to the vote in the first Cycle and subsequent posts. Of all people to vote for an inactive Eliminator, I would not expect it from a newer player. Possible, yes, but highly doubtful.
  • The Only Joe - Sharkbait the Incompetent - Blue/Copper - Strangely, Joe was quite active during the first Cycle, but seems to have tapered off as of late. I'd like to know if there's a reason for that, if there is one, as it seems a bit odd. Otherwise, I'd say more innocent than guilty here.
  • The Mighty Lopen - Gancho the Crass - Purple/White - Strangely enough, he's slipped under my radar quite a bit. Looking back, I find Cycle 2 interesting, with Lopen being one of the potential lynches, but not getting any votes the following days. He and Joe voted for each other which is odd. If Lopen is an Eliminator, it might implicate Alvron (edit: sorry, looked at the wrong column of my sheet. Looks like that's just self-preservation here).

I'm not sure what to make of these points. There are very few players I feel inclined to call innocent, and none I see as outright guilty here. I think it's odd how some people have erratic schedules right now, but the sheer number of people doing that is concerning.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I suppose that before then, I'd like to hear from Alvron about things? I know you're always rather busy, but you've only voted once so far on the four days - and one was a vote you apparently didn't think would have an effect. I'd just like to know why you haven't done anything which has been intended to have a game effect, other than a small amount of discussion.

What kind of things do you want to hear about?  We can talk about the weather, tv programs, food.  Heck we can even talk politics if you wish but you won't get much of an answer.

I never said my vote wasn't to have an effect, just that I wasn't aware there was already a vote on that person, and even if I did I wouldn't have changed who I voted for.  I was asked who I was suspicious of and I answered.  Simple as that.

One vote in the first four cycles is normal for me no matter the game type.  You have played enough games to know this.

A couple of others have come close to saying that you seem to be controlling the direction of discussion.  I agree with them and now that I have had the time to go through the thread I am struck with the similarities in this game to how you played in MR3 where you were an eliminator.  Add in the fact that both Meta and Phatt were suspicious of you right before they died tells me there is something there.  Sorry Wyrm but I am very convinced that you are an Eliminator.  Either that or you are being framed as one and if so they are doing a fantastic job of it.

It seems Jain is quite inactive.  I don't think he's an eliminator, since he hasn't been participating at all.  I'd like to hear from Lopen why he hasn't helped much since Phattemer pointed at Wyrm.  Maybe he's feeling secure knowing we'd follow Phattemer's suggestions?  (Wyrm does seem to be quite busy on here, but I'm not ready to commit to voting for him yet.)

Vauhsoj, I disagreed with Phattemer's accusations on Wyrm, Bort, and you. Seeing as I was against his suggestions I don't see how that would make me feel secure you or anyone would follow them.

As for why I haven't helped much, I have been reading and rereading the game for a while to try to find any inconsistincies in eveyone's posts. I still don't see anyone as being overly suspicious and will try to get a vote in before too long.

Only Joe, I would like to hear more explanation from you about why you think that Wyrm was using you to stop Meta, especially considering how it was only cycle one where all of that took place, so I'm leaving my vote on you for now. I might be able to get back on in time to change it if I hear from you, but for now this is my decision.

Adamir, if you don't die this cycle, I'm lynching you next round. Nothing personal.

Ri the Mysterious, signing off for now.

All day now, I haven't posted anything. Partially due to going to work (Yesterday was my day off, thus the greater volume of supplied text.), but primarily due to the results of the last cycle.

Phattemer was a villager. I suspected that might be the case in light of his post after my last rebuke. Which I didn't get to see until waking up. I was up ever-so-slightly before the turnover, but taking the time to change votes then would have been fruitless, and I do prioritize work over gameplay. But, that is the way these games tend to turn out. Lots of mis-lynches. I did say I tend to be inaccurate.

Mailliw was murdered. I had been hoping for a good discussion between the four experienced players. Then one up and gets slain before he had the chance to make any significant contributions. And I had been suspicious of his general activity level around the forum without posting here, wondering if that might point up his reading but not sharing. Nope, he was innocent. Two strikes.

It took me a bit to realize that Adamir was not among the dead. Last night, I had suggested lynching him if he hadn't followed through. I have been having second thoughts on that all day. The eliminators get a kill every cycle, and only one active eliminator is needed to trigger it. There are at least three eliminators left in this game. Even if we treat this as a soft confirmation of Adamir being an eliminator, we still need to find the other two. If we grant him this last chance to use his breath, we may be able to get a different eliminator this cycle and get him next cycle.

One problem that has occurred to me is that Adamir says he has sent the PM in, choosing someone at random from the lists provided. Wyrm was on several of those lists. If we go to lynch Wyrm (or someone else), and he doesn't send a new PM to countermand his order, we may have a wasted lynch.

Wyrm, if you would like further clarifications on particular points behind my choice in last cycle's vote, I'll be happy to answer them, but I thought I was fairly clear why I'd gone through with that decision in this post.

I recall one trick that is commonly used in SE is that eliminators choosing their kills by picking a notable player and killing anyone who shows suspicion of them or votes for them. This gives the impression that those people are on to something and encourages the village to lynch the notable player (who is, of course, innocent in such scenarios). This situation does not require much verbal boosting from the eliminators, but it is also possible that the eliminators feel the need to prod the village into that line of thought.

Is it possible that this is being done to Wyrm?

Votes and Player List

Cycle One Votes (Tally by Wyrm)

Kipper (1) - OrlokTsubodai

Shallan (3) - Kipper, Adamir, RavenRadient7

Lightsworn Panda (1) - Wyrmhero

Vauhsoj (1) - Bort

Venture Mistborn (1) - Sir Jerric

Metacognition (1) - The Only Joe

The Only Joe (1) - Metacognition

Cycle Two Vote Tally:

Haelbarde - 0: -Wyrm-

Wyrmhero - 1: -Bort-, smart guy, phatt

Mailliw73 - 0: -Wyrm-

Venture Mistborn - 1: Raven

Sir Jerric - 1: Bort

a smart guy - 3: -Joe-, Lopen, Jerric, -phatt-, Vauhsoj

TheMightyLopen - 2: Mailliw, Joe

Phattemer - 1: -Vauhsoj-, smart guy

Jain - 0: -Wyrm-

Orlok - 1: Wyrm

Cycle Three Final Tally:

Alvron - 0: -Jerric-

Jain - 1: -Raven-, Venture

Orlok - 0: -Bort-

Vauhsoj - 0: -Wyrm-

Adamir - 2: Vauhsoj, Alvron

Lopen - 0: -Wyrm-

Venture - 2: Raven, Orlok

Bort - 1: Phattemer

Phattemer - 1: -Bort-, Wyrm

Cycle Four Vote Tally:

Phattemer - 5: Raven, Wyrm, Lopen, Joe, Jerric

Jain - 1: Bort

Sir Jerric - 0: -Wyrm-

Mailliw - 0: -Jerric-

Bort - 0: -Phattemer-

Wyrm - 2: Mailliw, Phattemer

Orlok Tsubodai - ??? - Black/Red

-- Haelbarde - Droll the Spontaneous - Maroon/Green -- Murdered Returned

-- Kipper - Aleck the Smart - Purple/Green -- Murdered Returned

Wyrmhero - Redcross the Healer - Red/White

-- Venture Mistborn - Ven the Procrastinator - Green/Gold -- Lynched Returned

-- Phattemer - Heavenpest the Massive - Dark Green/Neon Brown -- Lynched Returned

-- Shallan - Lynchtarget the Innocent - Gold/White -- Lynched Rebel

Bort - Bortholomew the Blind - White/Grey

Adamir - Shar, God of Sacrifice - Red/Gold

Alvron - Brightwater the Keen - Deep Green/Silver

Ser Jerric - Jadebuffer the Eerie - Turquoise and Orange

Lightsworn Panda - Jain the Panda - Black/White

Vauhsoj - Funweaver the Festive - Pink/Yellow

RavenRadiant7 - Ri the Mytsterious - Black/Silver

-- MetaCognition - Metacognition the Thoughful -- Murdered Returned

-- Mailliw73 - Braveheart, God of War - Dark Red/Purple -- Murdered Returned

-- A Smart Guy - Artweave the Painter - Brown/Mint Green -- Lynched Returned

The Only Joe - Sharkbait the Incompetent - Blue/Copper

The Mighty Lopen - Gancho the Crass - Purple/White

As for my vote this cycle, I am (yet again) having a hard time. I always seem to get this stuff wrong. But, for most of this game, I have looked at the most experienced players, trying to judge who would I vote for in this situation. I have been suspicious of Joe for quite some time. Yes, I got the idea for "why is Joe being overlooked?" from his post. Yes, he changed his vote off of smart guy with the statement that he thought smart was likely innocent. But so little of what he has said was detailed reasoning. The types of statements he has made since his challenge of Meta feel so easy. Why not abandon the smart guy bandwagon when it was large enough to be a sure thing? Could be an easy way to gain some positive credit. That type of easy. Tactical, careful, well-timed, quick justifications.

Am I right? Given my track record, maybe not. But I will vote for Only Joe nonetheless, and thereby tie the vote between him and Wyrm. I will try to be up shortly before the turnover, so if anyone wants to sell some other analysis, please do.

Cycle Five Vote Tally:

Orlok - 0: -Raven-

Alvron - 1: Wyrm

Vauhsoj - 1: Bort

Jain - 0: -Vauhsoj-

Only Joe - 2: Raven, Jerric

Wyrm - 2: Alvron, Joe

Lopen - 1: Vauhsoj

Right now, from reading over everything, the person I'm most suspicious of is The Only Joe. Hear are my reasons:

1. He was the first to argue against Meta's plan(as he has pointed out).

2.When a smart guy had 5 votes on him, Joe removed his vote and put it on me(to ask a question).I already had one vote for me from Mailliw poking me. Phattemer then removed his vote from a smart guy as well which made me unable to remove my vote from a smart guy for fear of getting lynched. I then answered Joe's question and yet he didn't remove his vote from me effectively dooming a smart guy. I realize he may not have been on at the time as it was quite late so this may not be too suspicious.

3. As Jerric just mentioned he is an experienced player, but IMO hasn't contributed much to the game lately.

4. I thought his reason for voting for Wyrm was very weak as his arguments with Meta were in the first cycle. Could you not find anything else to accuse Wyrm with?

I can't say I'm not suspicious of Wyrm at least a little bit, but at least he has been promoting discussion. And also, as Sir Jerric pointed out, Wyrm was on quite a lot of lists for Adamir so I think it would be unwise to try to lynch him today.

I'm fairly certain that Either Wyrm or Alvron is a Rebel, but as I'm more suspicious of Wyrm, I'll be leaving my vote on him. It's honestly more of a gut feeling then anything. I really haven't done much analysis this game, (Or in LG13 for that matter) and for that I also apologize. Please lynch Wyrm or Alvron tomorrow! That is all. Honestly, this post is probably more helpful to the rebels than to the villagers. I really need to get out of this funk.

Edited by The Only Joe

Lopen, I guess that makes sense.  I am kind of in the same boat as you in that I have little to add right now.

It does seem from my last look that Wyrm has been controlling the conversation since Phattemer got lynched.  I will put my vote on him this cycle.  it is also 3am my time, so I should sleep.

I'm shifting my vote from Vauhsoj to Orlok.

Pretty much every time Orlok has been poked, he has responded with 'Sorry I've been inactive...' and given an excuse, as well as some comment about catching up, but we've yet to see it.

Thanks Sir Jerric. I had managed to miss that post when looking back over things, and as I said earlier, I wasn't concerned about you really. Just wanted to kind of make sure, really.

What kind of things do you want to hear about?  We can talk about the weather, tv programs, food.  Heck we can even talk politics if you wish but you won't get much of an answer.

I never said my vote wasn't to have an effect, just that I wasn't aware there was already a vote on that person, and even if I did I wouldn't have changed who I voted for.  I was asked who I was suspicious of and I answered.  Simple as that.

One vote in the first four cycles is normal for me no matter the game type.  You have played enough games to know this.

A couple of others have come close to saying that you seem to be controlling the direction of discussion.  I agree with them and now that I have had the time to go through the thread I am struck with the similarities in this game to how you played in MR3 where you were an eliminator.  Add in the fact that both Meta and Phatt were suspicious of you right before they died tells me there is something there.  Sorry Wyrm but I am very convinced that you are an Eliminator.  Either that or you are being framed as one and if so they are doing a fantastic job of it.

Okay, thanks for explaining the vote on Adamir.

I'm still very concerned by the 'case' against me. I mean, putting aside from votes springing up on me overnight when there's no chance for discussion (though admittedly I have tried to respond to people previously, so it might not be so urgent here), it all seems very... odd. All I ever get out of people when they say I'm suspicious is 'Oh, so-and-so said so, and I agree' or 'Your posts seem off' or 'you've been controlling the game'. Well, the former isn't giving a reason to vote, you're giving someone else's. The second suffers majorly from my being outspoken and talking the most, and the latter isn't even a charge. As I said, I don't make people do anything or lynch specific people. I try to get information out, that's all. Pouncing on phattemer like that was a mistake in hindsight, yeah, but I would say even now my reasoning was sound and I stand by it, even if it lead to the wrong conclusion.

More worryingly, I've not seen anyone actually try and do some decent analysis on me, aside from phattemer whose reasoning I've already been over. I might be paranoid about this by now, but it definitely feels like I am being singled out as an easy lynch, as people don't apparently have to give out solid information to do it with. A gut feeling is apparently enough. I would not be surprised if most of the people currently voting for me are Eliminators, now we're getting closer to the end of the game. Probably not all of them (perhaps even only one of them, if they could rely on the Village to tunnel enough), but I feel too much like a 'focal point' for everyone's arguments at the moment.

Half of me is tempted to vote for Joe, since his vote confirmed my lynch, which makes me suspicious (he also claims I 'used' him to stop Meta's plan, which is a little silly when you look back over it. We were basically discussing it separately, not bouncing off each other and then discussing with Meta, after all). I'd need to look back over some of his other posts before deciding to do that. The other half of me is tempted to just let the 50/50 shot at taking me out, since if it goes for Joe it makes no difference to me, and if it hits me at least people will stop focusing on me (story of my life, these recent games...). I am a bit busy though this morning, which is less than helpful at this critical juncture. I'll try and make some more time around lunch.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Oh, Wyrm, I forgot to answer your original post. You wondered why I would vote for Jain, then tell Phattemer that he was inactive due to being ill? Well, I still believe he is ill and inactive, and not lurking, but he had said he was going to try to be on more, so I poked him in the hopes that he would respond. I didn't think he should be lynched though, as killing someone for being ill just seems a little harsh.

Luma hovered, invisible, in front of a petitioner's face, admiring his beard. He had just finished speaking, presenting his petition for his daughter to be saved, and for Bortholemew to die for her. This was, the midget decided, the worst part about being Returned. Every day people came to ask you to die for them, and nearly all of them were asking for petty, selfish reasons. Even the death of this poor man's daughter was insignificant on a Cosmere scale.

Still, while he couldn't give up his Breath, Bortholemew did have something that might be able to help. He plucked a single strand of hair from his beard, then gestured to Haribo. The high priest accepted the hair, and moved towards the petitioner, presenting him with this gift from his God, and giving instructions for him to tie it about his daughter's wrist. It would give her strength, to help her fight her illness, but it was not the guaranteed cure that Bortholemew's death would ensure.

Petitions over for the day, the bearded one stepped into the room behind his petition chamber. The painting was sitting on a pedestal in the centre of the room. "It's time," he said..

Luma, now nestling back into Bortholemew's beard, poked her head out. "Are you sure you're strong enough, Bortholemew?" she asked. "You did give away quite a bit of your beard today."

"We need to get this back to the Awkwardmother," the beardomancer told his spren. "Things are coming to a head here, and I don't know if I'll make it. These Rebels are fiends. They've had us all snapping at each other, and even had quite a few of us killed, yet we are no closer to finding them than we were when we got here. No. This goes today."

"Very well," his beardpren replied. She dove back into the beard, disappearing from view.

Standing with his arms crossed, Bortholemew thrust out his chin. If he wasn't so short, it would be quite an imposing sight. His beard grew. Luma slipped out of it and came to sit on his shoulder, and his beard continued to grow. The magnificent white facial fur worked its way across the floor, closer and closer to the painting.

When it reached the easel the painting stood on, the beard split into three parts. Each part took one of the legs of the easel, and started moving up it. Bortholemew, meanwhile, was looking a bit red in the face and sweating. Luma hovered nearby looking worried.

The beard continued to grow, expanding up the legs of the easel, and across the painting itself. By the time it had engulfed the painting, Bortholemew was panting, and heaving breaths in and out, ironic considering he was supposed to be dead already.

Suddenly, the beard shrank back down to it's regular size, and the painting was gone, safely delivered to the Knights Awkward library.

Cycle Five Vote Tally:
Orlok - 1: -Raven-, Bort
Alvron - 1: Wyrm
Vauhsoj - 0: -Bort-
Jain - 0: -Vauhsoj-
Only Joe - 3: Raven, Jerric, Lopen
Wyrm - 3: Alvron, Joe, Vauhsoj
Lopen - 0: -Vauhsoj-

We are still tied. I suppose I'll have to be content with that. I don't have the time before the cycle ends to do any detailed analysis, and if I do change my vote, Wyrm is doomed for sure.

Vauhsoj says Wyrm has been controlling the conversation since phattemer got lynched. That is what, a cycle and a half at most? And what does controlling the conversation even mean? Half of the posts this cycle have considered lynching him. Is that a sign of his control?

Joe, no thoughts on the main question in my last post? I do consider Alvron a potential target for the next lynch. I might even try him for this lynch, but looking at the numbers, I feel that changing my vote now would be unproductive. Perhaps you can share your thoughts on why you called out Alvron before the close of the cycle?

Rrond troted in rough formation with the turquiose and orange wake of Jadebuffer the Eerie's entourage. The gaunt Returned strode toward Sharkbait the Incompetent's palace with unhuried grace, but being a full head tall than the average Returned, even an unhurried stride was enough to run his priests into the ground. At least Jadebuffer wasn't a Goddess, Rrond thought, not for the first time. Carrying one of those palainquins around would make him feel like a paulbearer.

The gaunt Returned stopped in front of Sharkbait's main gate. The dead weight of his eyes clearly unnerved the guards, while his hands continued their unceasing polishing of the something under his thick, orange cloth. When he spoke, the sound was like pouring sand into an open grave. "I would speak with The Incompetent. His lack of activity in the Court has caused much concern."

Jadebuffer's main quirk is inspiring morbid descriptions from all around him.

I'm going to remove my vote from Alvron. I've made a decision on whether to jump into a grave or not, and the decision is against it. This late in the game, we cannot afford passive play from anyone. We couldn't afford it previously, for that matter, but the later the stage of the game, the more important it is.

Considering my vote for him, it's clear that I feel Alvron is also somewhat suspicious (I admit it may be coloured by his vote for me slightly), but at the same time I find it very interesting that The Only Joe suggested 'if not Wyrm, then Alvron'. Ignoring the fact that these sort of statements are always suspect because it suggest a chain of lynching which is very beneficial for Eliminators to establish (as picking innocent players in a row can lead to 'free' lynches, essentially, before someone calls them on it), he provided absolutely zero evidence for such a claim. Sure, I'd have liked to have seen more information from Alvron and I think his claims about me are odd (particularly the get-out clause he leaves himself), but Joe provided no real information as to what caused him to say that. 'Gut feelings' should never be used in place of actual evidence, particularly since the players having them don't commit themselves to anything by saying it.

Something interesting to note: There are three upvotes on Sir Jerric's post already. One's from me, for the RP, and presumably another is from Bort, since I see him on the thread right now. So who is the third who got in, read it, and disappeared so quickly?

Yeah, I upvoted Jerric. This has been a fairly RP heavy game for me, so it's good to see others getting into the spirit :)

Also, I think Jerric's quirk for his character is great - inspires morbid descriptions from people. Gamma, if Jerric dies, I hope you make note of this :P