Everstorm = Destruction of Shinovar

Herdazian

Shinovar is saved from highstorm by its mountains which break down the power of the storm but the everstorm comes from the other direction in this case from the sea. Somebody said that the storms are charged by the open sea and this is how a highstorm replenishes after being reduced in Shinovar but the everstorm will never have been reduced by any mountains do its passage over the sea coupled maybe with its slower speed will make it supercharged so when it hits Shinovar it will be more powerful than any other normal highstorm it destroys Shinovar then loses a part of its power in the mountains and hits the other world.

(P.S the destruction of his homeland could also be a pivotal point in the development of Szeth's xharacter)

It's a possibility. However, there might be something magical going on in Shinovar, besides just the environment. They get the remnants of the storm, but why don't they get crem? And don't forget, Szeth and Nalan are on their way there to 'punish' the Stone Shamans. So Nalan is expecting that they will at the very least find survivors.

Here is another thread which examioned the question: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/32779-are-most-of-the-shin-dead/

shinovar certainly took dramatic damage from the everstorm, but how much destructiion they exactly faced is unknown. most of their population may be dead, or they may have gotten away with the loss of most infrastructure.

anyway, their main problem is long term food: all their crops are destroied, and the everstorm will prevent new ones from growing.

Shinovar has a mountain range on its eastern side too. They seem smaller in the map than the western mountains, but the Shin should still be protected to a degree. Parts of Iri and south-eastern Roshar nations would probably get hit a lot harder.

Aimia is absolutely screwed though.

Edited by cem

shinovar certainly took dramatic damage from the everstorm, but how much destructiion they exactly faced is unknown. most of their population may be dead, or they may have gotten away with the loss of most infrastructure.

anyway, their main problem is long term food: all their crops are destroied, and the everstorm will prevent new ones from growing.

The tense you are using implies that it is a done deal. I don't know if it is certain that they took dramatic damage, or that their crops are destroyed. Yes, if the storm does hit them dead n it will wreak havoc, but we don't know what is going on there. Shinovar seems to be untouched by previous Desolations. There are magicks at work we still haven't fully comprehended.

While I agree with your belief, others reading this may get confused and take it as fact.

Aimia is absolutely screwed though.

Is there anything left in Aimia after the scouring? Seems humans have been more harmful than the storm there.

Edit: Ninja'ed.

Edited by Kelek's Breath

Out of curiosity, how much time passed between the beginning of the Everstorm and the end of WoR? I was under the impression it was only a day or two. Does Nalan even know about it, or that Shinovar has been hit by it?

Aimia was already absolutely screwed, remember?

Eh, the landmass is probably still occupied. I doubt committing genocide so thoroughly would be easy.

Out of curiosity, how much time passed between the beginning of the Everstorm and the end of WoR? I was under the impression it was only a day or two. Does Nalan even know about it, or that Shinovar has been hit by it?

Hoid says the everstorm would hit Shinovar that night in the epilogue. A week (5 days) passes between the first everstorm which is when Nalan talks to Szeth and the last chapter of WoR. As far as I remember, there isn't anything to indicate how much time passes between chapter 89 and the epilogue. But according to the released Kaladin chapter from SA3 (non-canon as of now probably),

Kaladin's flight takes half a day then he walks for two days. The everstorm hits Alethkar the morning of the second day.

So depending on the speed of the everstorm, I'd say chapter 89 and the epilogue more or less take place at the same day.

• Chaos locked this topic