Full Mistborn Arcanum

Do you think Brandon would ever release a full Arcanum? I'm talking about a book that would go into lengths explaining the Allomantic, Feruchemical and Hemalurgical properties of each metal. Prehaps even the new snapping process. The main chunk of the book, though, would be a detailed guide to all 256 Twinborn combinations. This include each combo's name, and, if there are any special interactions between a Twinborn's metals, exactly what these interactions are.

Seems unlikely, I know, though it woudn't take long to write and could probably be around 100 pages, 150 max.

Edited by kroen

Almost certainly not on all the twinborn combos I'd say, too many of them would just not be combinable in any useful way, all 32 allomantic Duralumin or Aluminum twinborn for a start, it'd be easier just to talk about general theories and let people work it out for themselves. He might eventually do something like this, although more likely for the whole cosmere rather than just Scadrial but I hope not for a while, we've still got 9 more SA books and at least 6 more Mistborn to go.

The Mistborn Adventure Game includes "The Treatise Metallurgic", which has a lot of detail about the allomantic, feruchemical, and hemalurgic properties of each metal, at least in the Final Empire time period.

It's not strictly canon, but it was done with Brandon's input and blessing.

Crafty Games has a sample online (PDF).

• Chaos locked this topic