Magic Games

Someone in the "Who would you date" made a side comment that really got me to thinking about a fun game that forgers could play.  The challenge of the game would be to be shown a picture, or given memory, and then be told to forge a room or something into an exact recration of the... whatever.

So, that's got me to thinking.  What other games could be played using the various magics as a requirement?  (Like, there was an old topic on TWG about allomantic sports).  What do you guys think?

Someone in the "Who would you date" made a side comment that really got me to thinking about a fun game that forgers could play.  The challenge of the game would be to be shown a picture, or given memory, and then be told to forge a room or something into an exact recration of the... whatever.

So, that's got me to thinking.  What other games could be played using the various magics as a requirement?  (Like, there was an old topic on TWG about allomantic sports).  What do you guys think?

Well, for Forging... hmm.

'Anticipation: The Game'

Get together a bunch of Forgers and have them agree to create the next work by an independent artist. Like the next painting that Da Vinci whips out after the Mona Lisa, or the next book in Harry Potter. The winner is the one whose forgery is most accurate after the 'real' work is created.

Wait did I just suggest forger fanfic fights?

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

Yes, yes you did.

What if....instead of writing a book or a song, you forged the blank pages to say that you just finished writing it, and then used what was now there to actually write it? Authors on Sel are amazing.

Try to forge a paper to say what the other forger is hiding behind their back. I'm kind of imagining the sympathy fights from NoTW, except using forgery to mess with the other forgeries.

Mistborn/Windrunner Flashlight Tag, Pewterarm Parkour (not really a game unless you make it into a contest/race, but still a fun hobby either way), and Trivial Pursuit for Keepers are among the first things that popped into my head. Apparently I like making up insane things.

Exactly my point. I like thinking up crazy stuff like that. :P And yes, that's essentially it, with the addition that you have to call out whoever's name you're "tagging" with the flashlight beam. Otherwise, they might not ever know they're being tagged. It's also somewhat of a balancing mechanic as you have to actually know who you're tagging or it doesn't count. Makes up for being able to tag someone several yards away. ;)

No, you have it backwards! Just line up a bunch of Thugs and have an iron Twinborn crash into them. The more Thugs they knock over, the higher the score! ;)

This. This needs an entire trilogy devoted to it, I don't even care about FTL travel anymore :P

A pinball-like game played by Lurchers and Coinshots.

Or something more like pool / billiards with metal balls, or balls with metal beads inside.

You could offset the beads to make things more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

And here I was, thinking this was about Magic: The Gathering. Well I suppose you could still play it, but if your opponent gets mad when they lose, your head will explode. So, I must find a better solution.

Allomantic golf, where a Mistborn has to manipulate a golf ball so it will go into a hole while touching the ground as few times as possible.

Russian roulette with Spinners.

• 5 weeks later...

Or something more like pool / billiards with metal balls, or balls with metal beads inside.

You could offset the beads to make things more interesting.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this be an in-world game for Allomancers at some point.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see a form of Allomantic horse-shoes.  It would still take a very fine touch with the pushing or pulling.

The game I think would be most interesting would be a "real-life" strategy game between Awakeners, where they have their awakened objects fight for them.  First one to be captured by the other team loses.  Lots and lots of organic materials are spread out around the arena.

• Chaos locked this topic