Is this a thing now? Alright. Hit Feather up with some Qs!

FeatherWriter

You're back! Welcome back, milady. :)

When will you finish your Shallarin stories?

Er.... welp. Currently my fanfic docket is:

• Stormlight Archive/Dragon Age Crossover -- ft. Kalarin
  • Stormlight Archive/Dragon Age Crossover Part 2 -- ft. Kalarin and TRAGEDY
  • A Dragon Age thing that has nothing to do with Stormlight Archive whatsoever

I have a SUPER SELF INDULGENT post-WoR Shallarin thing that I... might end up finishing at some point??? But it's been a while since I worked on that one. If you're wondering about A Strange Mix of Both thaaaat one's probably not getting finished. My heart got too broke by WoR to keep going.

Let's see... favorite piece of classical music?

Oh man, that's a difficult one. Maaaaybe Symphonie Fantastique: Mvmt IV Marche au Supplice by Berlioz? I love the non-graduation part of Pomp and Circumstance by Elgar. Symphony No. 2: III. Apollo Unleashed by Tichelli is reaaaly fun in an odd kind of way. Lux Aurumque by Eric Whitacre is one of the most jaw droppingly gorgeous songs I've ever heard. 

Also, Eric Whitacre looks like Kelsier. Just sayin'.

Eric-Whitacre_1695-RGB_low-res1-800x533.

Are you guys still doing Sydney Scroungers?

What is your second favourite Cosmere ship?

Scroungers has been on hiatus for over a year now, and chances of it returning are looking... very slim. :C Meanwhile, in terms of RP, I've been playing a Seeker informant barista named Eliane in the Elendel United RP and doing some Dragon Age RP with my Inquisitor, Sylvanni Lavellan.

Second fave Cosmere ship.... augh. Vinlend maybe? But Kadolin... And Kalarin. Siribron is cute? And is Shallarin even my fave anymore??? I just kinda like vaguely ship everything without really being committed to anything. I basically just have ships I REALLY DISLIKE and ships that I'm like "eh, yeah, sure why not."

Which desert is your favourite? Ice cream? Cake? A healthy yoghurt?

My favorite desert is the Hidden Oasis in western Orlais.

Inquisition_concept_art_-_rocks_and_wate

If you want a REAL desert, the slot canyons of the American Southwest.

happyCanyonQuestion.jpg

PS: Yogurt is nasty in all forms and is not a dessert. I hope all of your ice cream melts forever. 

Are you and Shroom still nemeses?

See answer above. (Aka, yes forever and always.)

What was your favorite game to play as a child?

I was obsessed with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance when I was young. It's suuuuuch a good game, and I kinda created my own world when I was little that was blatantly ripped off from that game. The soundtrack is so good.

When did you commit the ultimate treason and jump from a sinking ship (Shallarin) to another, slightly less sinking ship (Kalarin)? And could you elaborate on why you ship Kalarin? I only found out today scanning a topic about Renarin from 2014; I've been living under a rock the last year.

EDIT: I see you redacted the question, but it's okay! I answered it anyway, and it's all good.

Like I said above, I'm not really dedicatedly shipping anymore when it comes to SA? I mean, Shallarin has kind of a special place in my heart because I committed so much time and effort into it, but thinking of Shallan and Renarin together at the moment makes me want to hiss at her and clutch him protectively, so that's not really shipping?

Mostly with SA ships I'm like "Yeah that sounds fun" for the most part, without being super invested in it (Kadolin, Kalarin, Shallarin??, Dalinavani, The OT4, Shadolin, Drehy/Lopen) or I'm like "eugh, no that's definitely not my thing" (Jasnah... with anyone really, Shaladin, Lift with anyone older than 4 years more than her). 

In terms of fic, I'll mostly just write whatever feels right for the situation. I have lots of friends who ship Kalarin, so I tend to lean in that direction a lot (and let's be real, Kaladin and Renarin are super cute). Mostly because if I write my friends' favorite ships I can more THOROUGHLY TORTURE THEM. But Chapter 42 of WoR was pretty much like... the most Kalarin thing I had ever read and I was like "Welp, if Brandon's gonna write Kalarin that well, who am I to disagree??"

Have you ever been to Utah? Ever want to?

Have you ever seen Doctor Who?

I went to the Words of Radiance release at BYU! That is the only time I have been in Utah. It'd be fun to go back, especially to see the slot canyons!

I've seen all of Nine, Ten, and Eleven, but nothing of Twelve or the original runs. If you want to talk Doctor Who at me, be prepared to slog through my intense dislike of everything that Steven Moffat chooses to be and write.

Gotta go, I'll answer more later!

Edited by FeatherWriter

I've seen all of Nine, Ten, and Eleven, but nothing of Twelve or the original runs. If you want to talk Doctor Who at me, be prepared to slog through my intense dislike of everything that Steven Moffat chooses to be and write.

Ah. Another Moffat-hater. :P

Might I point you at this thread? Whovians unite! It's got some good discussion.

Edited by Slowswift

Er.... welp. Currently my fanfic docket is:

•  
  • Stormlight Archive/Dragon Age Crossover -- ft. Kalarin
  • Stormlight Archive/Dragon Age Crossover Part 2 -- ft. Kalarin and TRAGEDY
  • A Dragon Age thing that has nothing to do with Stormlight Archive whatsoever

I have a SUPER SELF INDULGENT post-WoR Shallarin thing that I... might end up finishing at some point??? But it's been a while since I worked on that one. If you're wondering about A Strange Mix of Both thaaaat one's probably not getting finished. My heart got too broke by WoR to keep going.

Also, Eric Whitacre looks like Kelsier. Just sayin'.

Eric-Whitacre_1695-RGB_low-res1-800x533.

Yeah, ASMOB is the one I was thinking of. Dang, I really enjoyed those. :P But if you let us know of anymore SA stuff you write, I'll still be glad to read it. Probably not the crossovers, but anything that's just Cosmere, I will.

Wow. He really does. 

Favorite Cosmere character besides Renarin? Most despised character?

Edited by Mailliw73

I'M BACK LET'S DO THIS

Do you like cheese?

Also, hello.  :) I sort of got here while you were away.

Alas, I actually dislike cheese quite a bit. It's not terrible if it's with other, stronger flavors, but for the most part, I avoid just cheese in and of itself, as well as mainly-cheese-based dishes. So, no grilled cheese, no cheese pizza, no mac and cheese, no nachos with queso.

Nice to meet you! I apologize for my dislike of cheese.

Is Dragon Age 3 any good? I never played past two.

Also, have you played Mass Effect?

Well... considering that I've played Dragon Age Inquisition like 4 times... I'm gonna go ahead and say I think it's alright. JK, I love it a lot. My fave in the series. I've been obsessed with months. Cullen is my husband, but the other characters are lovely too. I could play the combat all day, and then the environments are just drOP DEAD GORGEOUS. Three desert levels. THREE DESERT LEVELS.

Also I've owned the Mass Effect series for like three years, but never got around to playing it. I've never been as much of a sci-fi person, but I'll probably play them eventually?

Yeah, ASMOB is the one I was thinking of. Dang, I really enjoyed those. :P But if you let us know of anymore SA stuff you write, I'll still be glad to read it. Probably not the crossovers, but anything that's just Cosmere, I will.

Wow. He really does. 

Favorite Cosmere character besides Renarin? Most despised character?

Eric Whitacre is unfairly handsome. Incredible composers are supposed to be stuffy looking old guys, not Kelsier look-alikes!

Hmm fave besides Renarin? Kaladin or Kelsier maybe? Kaladin was the only person I cared about in Stormlight Archive my first time reading it (much to my eternal shame). My guilty pleasure faves are Denth and Mraize. Vin is pretty spot on fantastic too.

Least favorite... character-wise, I've been convinced of the downfalls of Zane as a character. While I like the way he stretches Vin and Elend's relationship, I'll maintain that he was somewhat poorly handled. Adien from Elantris had some really cringe-worthy aspects to his handling too.

Person-wise? It's probably a tie between Straff and Sadeas.

Hmm what to ask, what to ask...

If you were a Knight Radiant which Order would you be?

Or maybe what works do you write that aren't fanfiction?  Don't you have a novel called Called Forth?

Am... I allowed to say Truthwatcher? Though I've always dreamed of flying and Windrunning would let me do that... I can't choose!

Called Forth???? What is this baffling novel? ORIginAL WOrk?? noT fAnFIC? 

Okay but I actually started writing Called Forth 2.0 the other day. I'm ready to overhaul this sucker and finally let it shine. 

No matter how many times it happened to him, Kasten never got used to dying.

He’d had enough experience with death, but there was no amount of repetition in the act that could make it any less horrifying. On instinct, his hand went to his side as he fell to his knees, trying to staunch the flow of blood already soaking through his shirt. Death burned as hot and painful as it always did, that thrum of heartbeat in his ears as he bled himself out. That tiny flare of inescapable panic that this time might truly be the end.

The point of a sword touched his neck. That blade was wet with his blood already. “Get up,” Len’s voice snapped. “Don’t tell me you’ve given up already? Pick up your sword and fight.”

He hadn’t even realized he’d dropped it. He didn’t make a move to pick it back up, keeping his hands against the wound in his side instead. He didn’t know why he bothered. Even if the injury hadn’t been fatal on its own -- which he was fairly certain it was -- Len was going to kill him anyway.

He flinched back as Len shoved the point of the sword closer to his throat, nicking him. “I said get up, Kasten. When I give you an order, I expect it to be obeyed. You’re going to let a little scratch in your side stop you?”

He looked up, a glare deep set on his features. “You stabbed me straight through, Len.”

A scoff. “You’ve had worse."

“I’ve died from worse.”

"A familiar experience, then," Len said with a turn of the mouth that seemed too cruel to be called a smile.

^^sneak peak^^

Which Shard/s would you like Renarin to hold?

Compassion or Empathy. 

How pathetic is Renarin on a scale of 1-10...
Please don't kill me.

42?

My assassins are already on their way to your location.

Why do you dislike cheese?  :o (I actually helped derail a thread a while back into a discussion on cheese...)

Are you going to do Splintercast Reads again? And if so, only for Stormlight or for other series' too?

I... just don't like the flavor? Also I'm kinda lactose intolerant, so eating too much makes me sick.

Currently, I'm planning on doing Splintercast for cosmere books, if possible and if there's desire for it to happen again. So, not for Calamity, but yes for Shadows of Self, possibly?

I... just don't like the flavor? Also I'm kinda lactose intolerant, so eating too much makes me sick.

That's actually why I don't usually eat meat. I'm just not fond of the taste. :)

Well, that's fine then. :P

Edited by Slowswift

Hmm fave besides Renarin? Kaladin or Kelsier maybe? Kaladin was the only person I cared about in Stormlight Archive my first time reading it (much to my eternal shame). My guilty pleasure faves are Denth and Mraize. Vin is pretty spot on fantastic too.

Called Forth???? What is this baffling novel? ORIginAL WOrk?? noT fAnFIC? 

Okay but I actually started writing Called Forth 2.0 the other day. I'm ready to overhaul this sucker and finally let it shine. 

^^sneak peak^^

Not Dalinar? I can never decide between him and Kaladin. Ooh, but Vin never has been and probably never will be one of my favorites. If you could be either a Mistborn, Awakener, an Elantrian, or a Radiant, which would you choose?

If you finish, I'd love to read it! I think you gave me just about everything else you wrote at that point.