I've played that game!!!

As have I. It's a great game!

Speaking of pandas - they appeared in my programming exam :/

Mental images of carnivorous panda's does not cultivate great exam concentration.

Edited by Haelbarde

I'm not really one for board games. I do play them occasionally, but not often. Usually if I'm playing a tabletop game, it's either a roleplay game, or some variety of Munchkin.

Here is what I propose- feel free to debate it or propose alternatives if you wish to:

Moderation Faction, you have the most members right now. Pick one of your own members who you suspect the most and let us know in the thread. Glory and Heritage factions, let's add our votes to Moderation's target in the hopes that we can eliminate a Discoverer. Next cycle, whichever faction has the most members does the same, and we repeat until we eliminate Discovery.

Thoughts?

I agree with you, and I'd like to add that as Moderation is currently in the lead and it's in Discovery's best interests to keep the factions as even as possible, the odds are high that Discovery will already try to target a member of Moderation today. This leaves Moderation with two choices:

1. You can go with Hero's suggestion and choose a member of your faction who's the most suspicious and all three factions can team up and kill that person, without intervention from Discovery.

2. You can continue to go after someone in one of the other factions and Discovery will control the lynch, and likely one of you (who will definitely not be Discovery) will die.

I'm not really one for board games. I do play them occasionally, but not often. Usually if I'm playing a tabletop game, it's either a roleplay game, or some variety of Munchkin.

Munchkin looks cool, not that I've ever had the chance to play it.

I agree with you, and I'd like to add that as Moderation is currently in the lead and it's in Discovery's best interests to keep the factions as even as possible, the odds are high that Discovery will already try to target a member of Moderation today. This leaves Moderation with two choices:

1. You can go with Hero's suggestion and choose a member of your faction who's the most suspicious and all three factions can team up and kill that person, without intervention from Discovery.

2. You can continue to go after someone in one of the other factions and Discovery will control the lynch, and likely one of you (who will definitely not be Discovery) will die.

Or the two largest factions can gang up on the smallest one. There's enough difference in the votes that discovery won't be able to control it.

Timecheck: I would've done this anyway even without the number of panicked PMs trickling in, but relax, people! :P The cycle has reached the halfway-mark, and 24 hours remain in the cycle.

Not necessarily true.

We are, admittedly, assuming that there are two Discovery in each faction. If they decide to vote against this coalition of the two larger factions, then they probably could win the vote, since not only are they adding their votes to the smaller faction, they are also reducing the larger factions' votes by 4.

Currently feeling like a 200% idiot. My investigation told me Orlok was Moderation, and someone else told me he was Heritage. Now, I have it confirmed that he was Moderation. I am Jindoeese, and I am requesting protection from your Resealers. The diplomat, if attacked without protection, suffers a delayed death - meaning a resealer cannot save me if I am not protected tonight.

Adamir

I am wondering who was your source that told you Orlok was bribed into Heritage?  Especially since Joe posted he was bribed and you know the other two bribes because they left and entered your faction.  So from reasoning unless you thought Joe was lying, you would have to assume Orlok was not bribed.  I'm assuming your source was announced in the Glory Faction google doc (Cycle 2).  I would be happy to hear from anyone in the Glory faction (Cycle 2) as to why Adamir thought Orlok was bribed?  If no one from the Glory faction is the source than Adamir must either be a sibling, discover, or his own source.   

I saw it, so othets will as well. Also, since we're revealing who left factions, I got bribed away.

As my role is now officially useless, time to come clean. I am a diplomat. I scanned Orlok last cycle, and was told he was on one faction, then someone corrected me and told me he was on another. I am the Svordish diplomat.   :(

I didn't know he got bribed - thanks for the tip. Wait, you said he was bribed into heritage? Rust and ruin, I am the Svordish diplomat; my investigation told me he was from Moderation.

I didn't know he got bribed - thanks for the tip. Wait, you said he was bribed into heritage? Rust and ruin, I am the Svordish diplomat; my investigation told me he was from Moderation.

No, she was asking what made you think that he was, and then that (If Joe is telling the truth, which he is) you have to assume that Orlok didn't get bribed.

Edit: Isn't it possible (if not probable d:) that you are Svordish, and your randomized result just happened to be correct?

Edited by Spooky Eowyn

AdamirI did not say Orlok was bribed into heritage.  Orlok did not get bribed.  I asked you to tell me who told you that Orlok was bribed into heritage?  

Nobody said Orlok was bribed, and Adamir never implied that either. Though now he's confused.

Basically, what happened went like this:

I was trying to figure out the composition of the Discovery faction, but since Shallan hadn't checked in yet, we didn't know which faction was Moderation and which was Heritage, so Wyrm created two names: Moderage, and Heritation. Maill's faction went under one, Alv's under the other. And then I started working from there. Adamir saw Orlok's name under Heritation, and didn't realize that it was a mash-up of Heritage and Moderation, and assumed that he was the Svordish Diplomat, so without saying anything to us in the doc, he posted in the thread, and that's what he's continued to do since then. Hence all the confusion. We have no idea which Diplomat Adamir is, since he could very well be either. This is, of course, assuming he's telling the truth, and he's even a Diplomat at all.

I was trying to figure out the composition of the Discovery faction, but since Shallan hadn't checked in yet, we didn't know which faction was Moderation and which was Heritage, so Wyrm created two names: Moderage, and Heritation. 

dk9SAg9.gif

I was trying to figure out the composition of the Discovery faction, but since Shallan hadn't checked in yet, we didn't know which faction was Moderation and which was Heritage, so Wyrm created two names: Moderage, and Heritation.

...Have I accidentally just trolled most of the players via Adamir? Whoops. Wouldn't have done it if I'd known it would cause that much confusion. Well, maybe I would, but I'd warn people first :P.

Right, let's get back to finding the Eliminators. And less board games here please.

So, obviously we're kind of expecting you guys in the other factions to not kill Adamir - He benefits you guys more than us anyway, with how his powers work. As such, as the Eliminators actually have no way to kill him (or, for that matter, any player) without convincing people to lynch or kill him. We'll get back to you if we find anything in our investigation - It'd be nice if you guys did the same. Getting rid of the Eliminators helps everyone, regardless of the faction.

Edit: Just to settle Kas' nerves, I know the Discoverers aren't Eliminators (as they have no kill), I just wanted to use the word multiple times after he expressed exasperation to me :P.

Edited by Wyrmhero

With a cup of earl greybeard in one hand, and the other cupping a chocolate dipped beardnut, Bortholemew the Blind walked around the palace, eventually coming to the place where representatives of all the factions could gather and talk. Unsurprisingly, it was fairly quiet. Shaking his head at how blind everyone was being, he popped the last of his beardnut in his mouth, and started looking for a table to climb onto.

A chair helped him up, and soon he was standing at the centre of a decent sized table, and having attracted some attention from people wondering what he was up to. Bortholemew cleared his throat.

"So, I'm thinking, while we are all technically at war until someone's backside is on the Emperor's throne, we do all have a common enemy. The Scholars of the Discovery Faction are spread throughout our ranks, working to take down all our factions, and without cooperation between us, we will not find them until it is too late. For any of us."

Bortholemew the Blind paused and looked around at the gathered faces, stroking his magnificent beard while he did so. Wait! Did something just move in there?

"What I am proposing, is that we gather here, each day, to share any doubts we have. Of anyone, although more specifically, those we doubt from within our own faction. The Diplomats among us have resources they can use to gather information, but the problem here is that they are all biased, and can be misled with false information from within their own faction.So, you bring to the table the suspicions from within your faction, and we see if we can find a Diplomat from another faction to look into their past for you."

Another pause. Another slow glance around the room. It seemed people were listening, which would be nice. He hoped they weren't just faking it until the mad old midget moved along.

"In the interests, and spirit, of cooperation, I will share with you two things. My suspicions from my own faction. I am least convinced by Sir Edonar, Ishtar, and Baatar Zaofu. And secondly, a stack of delicious, freshly baked and dipped in chocolate, beardnuts." With a smile, Bortholemew gestured towards the doorway and a servant came in with a tray piled high with beardnuts smelling wonderful.

With that, the person who was more beard than man climbed down from his table, helped himself to another beardnut, and found a seat by the fire to see if anyone else wanted to talk.

Edit: Shortly after he had sat down, a servant approached Bortholemew and whispered something in his ear. Long furry eyebrows that would do a Thaylen proud rose as his face shifted into a slightly dubious expression. Eventually, the midget nodded, eyebrows swaying after his head had stopped. "Very well."

As the servant left, Bortholemew climbed up onto his chair and announced, "I have just been informed that Sir Edonar is 'vouched for' by someone I trust, therefore I would like to retract my suspicions on him. For now. I will be keeping a close watch on both of them, and should there be any signs of duplicity, I will bring both of them before the throne for justice."

Then he sat back down.

Edited by Bort

So, our faction has been unable to come up with any firm suspicions. We have one hard-confirmed player and two who are soft confirmed. I won't be sharing names, but I'm sure you understand.

Hero's plan seems sound to me, however, and in the interest of cooperation, we are willing to give the name of an inactive/semi active player for the lynch.

However, there are rumors that other factions have far more concrete suspicions, so if there are any players who are more reasonable targets for the lynch than one of our inactives, let us direct the lynch towards those more productive ends.

If no suitable names have been put forward by the time that there are 12 hours left in the cycle, then I will post our best target for the lynch.

I don't have any high suspicions, but I believe I have the (original) Glory Discoverers narrowed down to 4 people. While that's a 50/50 shot, I'd prefer certainty.

If we want to make requests of factions to scan certain players, I think we should figure out which factions should scan the requests, so we don't get a 4 diplomats scanning the same request. I suggest Heritage scan Glory, Glory scan Moderation, and Moderation scan Heritage. Obviously, this is assuming that the Diplomats aren't bribed away, but there's not really any way to counter that.

I'd like to change my request from a scan on Adamir to a scan on Wyrm. He's one of the four I'm uncertain about currently and with his prior experience as a Sharder, he'd be an asset to the Discoverers, if he is one.

Well, since nobody has actually posted anybody suspicious enough to lynch, we will provide you with our resident inactive - the best name we have to offer at present.

Emerald.

That's it folks, thanks for playing. Watch this space for further developments.

Thanks Seonid, that works for me. I feel much more comfortable voting for someone agreed upon in the general thread then going with individual faction targets.

Just to reiterate, as per Kas's clarification, the Eliminators Discoverers don't have any special roles or abilities other than that of Blasphemous scholar. They don't have ANY way to kill other players other than the vote. While it might seem that they are pretty harmless, the truth is that if we ignore them it's all but guaranteed that they will win. Even if Discovery has less than 6 members (which I doubt, since they don't have any bloodsealers, resealers, arbiters, etc. etc. to balance things out) it will be relatively easy for them to keep at least 1 member in each of the other factions, which will let them control the vote for the whole game. Combine that with their blasphemous scholar extra lives, meaning that it will take two lynches/kills to get rid of every single one of them.

Our only check on their power is the diplomats. If someone were to step forward with evidence that they were a jindoese diplomat and had found a discoverer, then it would be pretty hard (though not impossible) for discovery to stop us from lynching the outed player. But again, it will still take us 2 cycles to kill the discovered discoverer.

So anyway, ironically enough, the only way to guarantee that discovery doesn't control the lynch is to form bandwagons.

So I will be voting for emerald today.

EDIT: added color.

Edited by Herowannabe